Bachelor of Engineering (BE) is a Higher Academic Degree in Engineering. It is a 3-4 years course. The Bachelor of Engineering degree is academic, equivalent to a Bachelor of Science degree. Normal engineering programs in other institutions are awarded a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree.
A Bachelor of Engineering degree gives students the basic engineering skills they need to launch an exciting career in engineering. With a wide range of engineering specialties available, including aerospace, biomedical, environmental, and telecommunications, engineering students have the opportunity to find the right fit for their career interests.
What is the difference between a B.E and B.Tech?
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E)
- BE is more theoretical and education oriented. It’s a quantitative analysis.
- The course deals with the engineering aspects of Science.
- The course is used to build innovative devices and practical technical equipment for Science and technology.
- B. Tech is a skill / data-oriented company. The training is more about applications of engineering.
- The course deals with the technical aspects of Science.
- The course extends the ideas of engineering and technology to the alteration of systems and, thus, to the enhancement of their function.
Check Out: Difference Between B.E. and B.Tech
Required Skill-Set for Bachelors of Engineering (B.E)
Potential to communicate-verbal and written, Familiarity with industry standards, Understanding of the core subject, Teamwork, Creativity, Multidisciplinary experience, Use of understanding, Leadership Skills, Analytical & Critical Thinking, Information of Computers & IT
Check Out: What to do after BTech?
Job Opportunities For Bachelors of Engineering (B.E)
Job opportunities for Bachelor of Engineering (BE) students are immense in the technical field. Any candidate who has completed a Bachelor of engineering degree can get a job in almost any field of India. In addition to being employed as engineers, Bachelor of Engineering students are also recruited as advisors, subject matter specialists, analysts, executives, etc.
Take a look at some of the famous BE graduate job profiles below.
- Computer Science Engineer
- Mining Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Ceramic Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Automobile Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Electronics & Communication Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Software Developers
- Aeronautical Engineer
- Product Manager
- Marine Engineer
- Construction Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Telecommunication Engineer
When it comes to career choices, developers seem to have endless opportunities. They work in the fields of engineering, health care, financial institutions, consulting services, energy, agricultural and environmental research, education, and administration, to name but a few. Not to mention, a bachelor’s degree in engineering sets the basis for graduate engineering studies, as well as degrees in law, medicine, and industry.
Check Out: Bachelor of Science
Bachelors of Engineering (B.E) Salary Prospects
As per reports from PayScale average salary of the following types of engineers are as follow:
- Software Engineer – 504k for juniors and 876k for seniors
- Software Developer – 455k for juniors and 873k for seniors
- Civil Engineers – 300k
- Design Engineer – 352K
- Mechanical Engineer – 360k
Check Out: Aerospace Engineering
Top Bachelors of Engineering (B.E) Colleges in India
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Delhi
- Delhi Technological University
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology
- Vellore Institute of Technology
- SRM University
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E):
1. BE is more theoretical and education oriented. It’s a quantitative analysis.
2. The course deals with the engineering aspects of Science.
3. The course is used to build innovative devices and practical technical equipment for Science and technology.
✅ Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
1. B. Tech is a skill / data-oriented company. The training is more about applications of engineering.
2. The course deals with the technical aspects of Science.
3. The course extends the ideas of engineering and technology to the alteration of systems and, thus, to the enhancement of their function.
Ans. Bachelor of Engineering and Bachelor of Science are not exactly the same. Bachelor of Science is more of a theoretical course while
Bachelor of Engineering is more focused on practical activities.
Ans. The main branches under Bachelor of Engineering are :
Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Civil Engineering. Computer Science Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechatronics, Aerospace Engineering are the domain branches.
Ans. Here is the list from highest to lowest engineering branch salary:
1. Computer Science
2. Aerospace engineering
3. Electrical engineering
4. Mechanical engineering
5. Civil engineering
6. Biomedical engineering
7. Architectural engineering
Ans. The most preferred B.tech course is Mechanical engineering and it is one of the core streams of engineering. It opens doors for students to make career in the field of their own choice.