The search for accommodation can get little difficult once you have landed abroad. Usually, you can find two options: either a rented apartment or a hostel. But how to choose an option? Yes. It can get little tricky as both the options have their pros and cons. So they need to be analyzed well according to the convenience you are looking for. This post is going to list out advantages and disadvantages of both options. Hope this will help you in taking your decision between these two options.
Hostel or Rental Apartment – Which one to Choose?
- If you are looking for an atmosphere for studying? A hostel is known for offering the well-suited atmosphere for studying.
- If you feel that you are in need of a schedule to improve your life? In a hostel, there is a fixed time for different activities. So the habit of doing things according to a timetable can make you more punctual.
- As Hostel will be having rules for a disciplined life, you will eventually incorporate the same in your life.
- There will be brighter students as hostel mates who can help you to clear your doubts.
- Borrowing and sharing become part of your life. So remain happy even if you don’t have and your friend has.
- Most of the hostels have an attached reading room. So you will get to read lots of magazines, newspapers and other useful books.
- You will become more self-reliant as most tasks need to be performed on your own.
- In many hostels, the students may have to manage the mess. Hence, hostel-life prepares you for the domestic phase also.
- If you are very social, then you will really enjoy your hostel days as you always find people to talk with and hang around.
- You are staying away from your parents. Hence, you will not be getting the same care and love.
- The life in the hostel is indeed quite expensive.
- Sometimes hostel rules can annoy you!
- If you are someone who likes privacy and personal space more, so sharing in a hostel can get difficult for you.
- There is a chance that students may lead a life full of comparisons and become selfish.
- The level of freedom you will get while staying in a rented apartment is unmatchable.
- The spacious nature of a rented does prove as an advantage.
- Most of the times, parents cover rent payments, hence it’s safe to rent to college students.
- If you love cooking yourself, then rented apartments are for you!
- Rented apartments are usually quieter and less cramped than hostel rooms
- It is a great way to immerse yourself in the local community.
- You will get the real domestic management experience when you are in a rented apartment. Hence, more responsibilities and you will become more self-reliant.
- Many students start to live on their own for the first time. So, lack of control and immaturity can prove to be a bad combination.
- You may have to do all your chores yourself! You may get tired of the same very easily if you do not have experience.
Both hostel and rented apartment have its own pros and cons. But it is the level of comfort you seek need to be analyzed before making a decision. A home away from home is what most of the students seek! Kindly do post if you have any feedback, comment or suggestions. Feel free to reach out to us @ [email protected] or +91-120-653-3966.