What’s New for GMAT 2018?
The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) has announced the shortening of the length of the GMAT exam by 30 minutes. The duration of the exam has been shortened to 3.5 hours from of 4 hours. This shortened exam will will be available for test-takers worldwide beginning April 16.The quality and the standard of the exam remains unchanged in terms of reliability, validity, security and integrity. The scores before the change and after the change remain same and comparable across time.
What are the Changes in the GMAC Entrance Exam?
The changes in the GMAC Exam pattern are as follows-
- The two longer sections of the exam, the Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning sections have been streamlined and the number of unscored, research questions in these sections have been reduced.
- The test takers will now experience simplified tutorial and instruction screens.
- No changes have been made to the the exam’s Analytical Writing and Integrated Reasoning sections.
- Also, no changes have been made in the way the GMAT exam scoring pattern, the content of the exam, the question types and the average time per question in the exam.
How to Prepare for GMAT Exam 2018?
GMAC is also providing a new online tutorial that mimics the screens of the actual exam that the test-takers see during the exam. The tutorial information has been moved online to www.mba.com. This information can be accessed by the test-takers prior to arriving at the test center.
More About the Changes in GMAC 2018
The new GMAT Official Prep tools is being launched to match the structure of the shorter exam and help the aspirants get aligned with the changes. The online availability of the GMAT Official Practice Exams and Practice Questions will help the aspirants in easily accessing the material. The feature improvements such as single sign-on and ability to access prep materials across multiple devices, will also make the preparation process easy for the students.
- GMAT- Everything you need to know
- GMAT Syllabus
- GMAT Registration
- GMAT Results and Scores
- GMAT Dates
- GMAT Test-Centres
- GMAT Practice-Papers
- GMAT Preparation-Tips