MOMA scholarships are minority scholarships that are given by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. Under this scheme, students who belong to the minority communities including Muslim, Sikh, Jain, Buddhist, Christian, and Zoroastrian (Parsi) can get Pre-matric scholarships, Post-matric scholarships and Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for any Professional and Technical Course.
The students who get these scholarships receive a scholarship of up to INR 20,000 per annum. The Government of India intends to disburse 30 lakh scholarships under pre-matric scholarship scheme, 5 Lakh scholarships under post-matric scholarship scheme and 60,000 scholarships under merit-cum-means scholarship for technical or professional courses at the graduate or postgraduate
MOMA Scholarship Types:
There are two types of MOMA Scholarships:
- Post Matric Scholarships
- Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme
1. Post Matric Scholarship:
Under this Scheme, Students of Government, as well as Suitable Private Colleges/Universities/Institutions of India, will be awarded Scholarships who wish to keep continue their Study for Higher Education.
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarships:
- Educational Records: Students who apply should have 50% or above in the last final examination.
- Annual Income: The annual income of the student’s parents or guardian should not exceed Rs. 2 lakh. The Scholarship is provided in the ascending order from the lowest order from Below Poverty Line families.
- Reservation for Girls Students: 30% of the scholarship is reserved for girl students.
- Only two students from any family can take advantage o this scholarship.
2. Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme:
Under this Scheme, students can take financial Support who belong to minority communities and wish to pursue professional and technical degrees.
Eligibility Criteria for Means cum Merit Scholarship:
- The students who are admitted to any recognized college/university and are to pursue technical/professional courses through any competitive exam.
- Students should have a minimum of 50 % marks at graduation level to be an eligible candidate.
- The selection of eligible students will be assigned strictly on merit basis.
MOMA Scholarship Application Dates for 2019-20:
|Event||Dates for Fresh Application||Dates for Renewal|
|Online Application Submission||September 2019||November 2019|
|Application Scrutiny by Institute||November 2019||November 2019|
|Application Scrutiny by State||November 2019||December 2019|
|Final List Declaration||Nov-December 2019||December 2019|