The University of Western Ontario is incorporated as Western University since 2012 and is a well known public university in London, Ontario, and Canada.
While the main campus is 1,120 acres of land, there are residential buildings surrounding it.
The Thames river bisects campus eastern portion and has a central library inside the university.
The university has a total of twelve academic faculties and schools, and it is a member of U15, which is a research-intensive group of universities in Canada.
University was found on 7th March 1878. The university is affiliated to a number of denominational colleges.
The University of Western Ontario
The University of Western Ontario is an educational institution having more than 24,000 students, with an alumni network of 306,000 worldwide.
The notable alumni include academicians, business leaders, government officials, Nobel laureates, distinguished fellows, and Rhodes Scholars.
The University of Western Ontario has a team known as the Western Mustangs, which competes with the Ontario University Athletics.
It is a publically-funded university in research, and it is also a member of AUCC. There are a total of 5,300 undergraduate students, which includes all the part-time, full-time, and part-time students.
Following are some of the features of the university –
- The female to male ratio among the undergraduate students is 55:45
- The total number of international students as a percent of domestic students is 8.8 percent.
- There is campus radio running on the frequency 94.9 FM.
- Western Gazette is a student publication of the Western University.
- The university offers a number of internationally recognized degrees in undergraduate, post-graduation, and other exchange programs.
University of Western Ontario Ranking
University of Western Ontario is a well-recognized public research university that has both national and international students coming to the campus to study their course of interest.
There are more female students doing graduation and undergraduate courses.
Rankings of the university is an important parameter to judge how well the university is doing to choose it for a course of education.
In the case of the University of Western Ontario, it is one of the best according to various accredited institutions.
Some of the rankings by reputed publications like QS World University Rankings are as follows –
- QS World Ranking for MBA ranked University of Western Ontario in the 60th position.
- Bloomberg has ranked the university at the 56th spot for the Global Best Business School Rankings.
- Shanghai Rankings has ranked the university in 201-300.
- Times Higher Education of 2019 ranked it in the 190th position for the best universities around the world.
- U.S News & World Report 2019 ranked the university in the 276th position for the best universities around the world.
University of Western Ontario World Ranking
University of Western Ontario has been ranked as one of the most renowned and full of academic achievement university, with one of the best faculties in the academic arena teaching in the university.
There have been numerous patents filed from the research department of the university, which was the reason why the university was set up in the first place.
The following are some of the world rankings which University of Western Ontario has received over the years.
|Masters in Business Administration||60 – QS|
|Global Business Rankings||56 – Bloomberg|
|University Ranking||201-300 Shanghai Rankings|
|University Ranking||190 – Times Higher Education|
|University Ranking||276 – U.S News & World Report|
University of Western Ontario QS Ranking
QS World Universities Ranking along with the QS Rankings based on Subjects is a well known and respected publication of the rankings for universities around the world.
It also specialized in including rankings based on subjects.
The rankings help students in judging the university they wish to apply for. The higher the rankings, the better the university in terms of faculty to student ratio, research work, the percentage increase in salary post-graduation as opposed to previous salary, etc.
Let’s look at the QS Ranking for the University of Western Ontario.
|Masters in Business Administration||60th – QS 2020|
|World University Rankings 2020||211|
|World University Rankings 2019||=214|
|World University Rankings 2018||=210|
|World University Rankings 2017||198|
University of Western Ontario Acceptance Rate
A university’s acceptance rate is defined as the rate of acceptance in with respect to the number of applicants who have applied.
This can be calculated by dividing the total number of students accepted to the total number of applicants.
When it comes to the acceptance rate of the University of Western Ontario, the rate is 31 percent.
This means that the acceptance rate of the university is only 31 students among a hundred students applying on an average.
How to get accepted for University of Western Ontario
- Completed Application Form
- Senior Secondary Transcripts
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- If in case you are applying for Masters, then a GMAT or GRE score in the range of 670+ is an added advantage
- If you have work experience, it adds to the weight of candidature
- Essay – A brilliant essay writing all details about why you wish to join Western University
- Two letters of recommendation are always desirable.
- Visa and Passport are mandatory requirements.
- Statement of Purpose
- Finally, the candidate needs to show valid proof of finance.