Did you finish your MBBS and intend to continue your future education like PG after MBBS? The hard truth of obtaining PG after MBBS in India is that very few approximately 10% of students are accepted into their selected field of specialization. Don’t stress, there’s still a way out! However, you might pursue a PG in Germany after MBBS in India as an option.
Even though we have many places which provide excellent Medical Knowledge even in PG, selecting PG in Germany after MBBS is most recommended. However, Students can get the best world-class education with extraordinary on-field training at affordable rates more precisely at a low price or with no tuition fees.
To know more about why International students especially Indian Medical students should consider PG in Germany after MBBS and the Top Universities which are approved by MCI along with other things are given in this Article.
PG in Germany after MBBS in India
Government institutes in India are few and the private ones are only for the rich kids so it certainly becomes imperative to find a decent institute to complete your education and settle there.
Germany provides the most sort after medical education. After completing your MBBS in India you can train as a specialist in Germany for 5 years to complete your PG and hold a license there.
- Medical education in Germany is the most cost-effective
- The total duration of the course is around 6 years ( 5 years of training + 1 year of internship )
- Students can obtain a permit to practice anywhere in the UK after obtaining the degree
- Possibility of Free Education in Germany
Why choose to do a PG in Germany?
There is an opportunity to study at no or very low tuition fees at premier institutes to do PG in Germany.
The educational courses offered in Germany‘s medical universities offer rigorous learning and practical knowledge for the students.
At the end of the training, medical PG is called “Facharzt” in German. The German medical education system is well renowned for its quality and thoroughness.
Germany is the perfect location for ambitious students wanting to broaden their study horizons and finance themselves.
A person can do PG in Germany after MBBS for the following reasons:
- Highest-ranked medical schools – A deep and rich educational tradition has helped medical schools in Germany to rank among the best, accompanied by a serious commitment to quality development in teaching and research.
- Variety of research programs – Students from around the globe study in Germany, whose universities know the different potential of students. Hence, they offer a wide range of medical degrees best suitable for each student.
- Technical advancements & facilities – It is imperative to learn from the best as well as with the best equipment and techniques available. German universities provide an array of modern facilities for studies and living.
- Global Village – Germany welcomes more than 350,000 international students every year which gives all of them and you a chance to socialize with different cultures.
- Growth in the Future – German medical students are in high demand across the globe which increases your employability and finances.
Also Read: MBBS in Germany
Courses offered after MBBS
As the Medical Field is as large as Ocean, there are several courses that are available for students world-wide. Among them, Some major and most demanded courses are offered in German Universities for students who want to Pursue PG in Germany after MBBS. After enrolling for studies in Germany after completing your MBBS, you have numerous possibilities. Among them are the following:
- Medical Lab Technology
- Operation Theatre Technology
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Child Health
- Medical Imaging Technology
- Rural Health Care
- Community Health Care
- Hearing Language and Speech
- Medical Record Technology
- Medical Radio-Diagnosis
Cardiac Pulmonary Perfusion
- OT Technician
- Clinical Research
- Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy
Best Routes to pursue PG in Germany after MBBS:
There are different paths for international students to study PG in Germany after MBBS. Among them 2 ways are considerable, namely, Directly Studying MBBS education in German Universities and the Second one is, Enrolling for a one year Masters program to get a grip on the German language and the environment in Germany.
If you have previously completed your MBBS the ithe n Germany, the the path to continuing your education is simple. If you haven’t already, you can adopt this route to get into a PG in Germany after MBBS:
- You should leave at least six to seven months before traveling to Germany because the country has several regulations.
- You must pass the German language levels A1 and A2.
- To get TELC B2 and TELC C1 a letter of acceptance from a government-approved test. The standard B2 and C1 are not approved.
- Learn German until you reach the C1 level.
- Obtaining an Observership from a German hospital that is approved for your post-graduate program in Germany.
Alternative way to study PG in Germany
After MBBS, there is only one opportunity to get to Germany for PG. Instead of graduating from TELC B1 to TELC C1, you can enroll in a one-year Master’s program in Healthcare through this procedure. You can study German up to the TELC C1 level during this procedure. This approach will increase your profile for any postgraduate course because you already have much more achievements than other applicants for PG in Germany after MBBS.
Advantages OF Pursuing PG in Germany after MBBS
Apart from rich knowledge, impeccable quality, and an array of programs offered by universities, there are more pros to pursue your medical education from here:
- Germany is considered to have a world-class healthcare system, which means you will have the chance to work with sophisticated technology and modern infrastructure.
- It is methodical for work training in a hospital approved for medical operations.
- For most courses in Germany, there is no tuition fee, which means that the cost of education is close to zero.
- The universities can provide a small stipend for students that can add up to up to EUR 4500 per month.
- At the end of the training, students are rewarded as “Facharzt” which gives them a high opportunity to obtain permanent German citizenship (German Green Card)
PG in Germany after MBBS – Admission Process
We know you’re wondering how do you get into a German institute after all! and what is the requirements and criteria, documents and admissions, all the hassles, etc? Don’t worry we have you covered. Follow these guidelines to pursue your medical education;
- Learn the language first. Being a doctor is an interactive job. As a PG medicine course essentially trains you for the technical aspects of the job, it is important to be conversant enough in the language to help your patients. You must have an A1 or A2 level in German basics before applying for the course. It is advisable you achieve a minimum of C1 level before you start working.
- Thereafter, you must get a letter of entry from a teaching and learning center or a government-approved exam for TELC B2 and TELC C1.
- You can only get a confirmed observer-ship approved by a German hospital by the German medical council after this process. The observation ship can be extended for 6 months and is originally for a duration of only one month.
- You need to apply for an Approbation test after this. All of the requested records will be checked and you may appear for the test if your educational qualifications are consistent with the German medical system. If you pass the exam, you will receive a license for approval. The examination is carried out in a viva format in which a board of physicians conducts the test in German. The test covers questions related to pharmacology, internal medicine, and surgery.
- MBBS Degree
- Curriculum Vitae
- Attested copy of University Medical Degree, High Education academic records, and certificate of finished medical education
- Medical Certificate and Medical Insurance
- Certificate of competency in the German language (Those who do not know the German language, they need to first follow at least 4 months of a language course (A1 & A2 Level in India) and remaining Levels Enrollment in Germany before they start specialization
- Birth certificate
- Photocopy of passport
- Police Verification
- Appostilation of Degree, High Education academic records, and certificates
- Open a German blocked account EUR 8,640 with Fintiba or Deutsche Bank
Also Read: Short Term Courses after MBBS
MCI approved for MD or MS in Germany
Students would be able to practise medicine in the both Germany and India after completing their MBBS in Germany. As per the Medical Council of India, eligible applicants with a PG in Germany after MBBS at German universities can obtain permission to continue practising medicine in Germany or begin practising medicine in India. Morover,The students’ ultimate goal, is to practise medicine in India after receiving a German education.
The following are the Top Universities that MCI approved for Medical PG in Germany after MBBS.
- Munster University
- Lubeck University
- Rwth Aachen University
- Witten/ Herdecke University
- Freiburg University
- Magdeburg University
- Heidelberg University
- Tuebingen University
- Wurzburg University
PG in Germany after MBBS – Top Universities
Mention below are some of the top universities to pursue PG in Germany after MBBS :
- RWTH Aachen University
- FU Berlin
- University of Hamburg
- University of Bonn
- Heidelberg University
- Rwth Aachen University
- Lübeck University
- Witten/Hercke University
- Magdeburg University
- Münster University
- Würzburg University
- Tübingen University
- Freiburg University
- Leipzig University
Cost of studying in Germany
After obtaining an MBBS, one really needs to pay a small sum of administration and certain other fees to study PG in Germany. Because roughly 16 government universities in Germany had waived tuition payments for students. However, if students choose a private university to register in, the average tuition costs for PG in Germany after MBBS could be nearly 30,90,000 INR. Because the eligibility requirements for governmental institutions are difficult and strict.
|Categories for the cost of living||Total cost Occur ( per month)|
|Medical Insurance||6200 INR|
Germany Work Visa and it’s requirements
Indian students can apply for a work permit with an 18-month visa extension after graduating a one-year Master’s degree in Healthcare in Germany. Applicants with post-graduate degrees like MHM or MIB, on the other side, can take advantage of this opportunity as per their immigration rules. Additionally, depending on the candidate’s performance in an individual interviews and the letter of reference obtained from the hospital in which the candidates finished their internship, the officials can continue the residency for a minimum of three years in a German hospital.
Requirements for German Work Visa for International students who are pursuing PG in Germany after MBBS.
- Complete filled Visa application form
- Valid passport
- And 2 photographs ( that are taken 6 months below)
- In addition, Letter of Invitation from College
- Evidence for Accommodation
- Travel Insurance along with Health Insurance
- Return flight tickets copies
- Evidence of clear criminal records
- Financial statement proofs
- Proof of Visa payment.
- Moreover, show evidence of Greman proficiency levels
Medical PG in Germany Vs MD in US and in UK
While considering PG in Germany after MBBS against MD in the United States and the United Kingdom, there is a variation. In addition, as compared to them, the Medical PG in Germany after MBBS took less time and money. The table below compares Medical PG in Germany to MD in the United States and the United Kingdom.
|Parameters||Medical PG in Germany||MD in US||MD in UK|
|Eligibility requirements||No special exam for PG Testdaf for proving German Proficiency levels||MCAT||PLAB test|
|Part-time work opportunities||approved||approved||permitted|
|Exams required for practicing Medicine||No special exams||USMLE||CRESTMRCP CMT ( based on the specialization choosed)|
|Total course time||3-4 years||4 – 6 years ( Including Pre-Med and USMLE Exams)||2-3 years|
|After study staying period||1.5 years||1 year||no|
|Tuition Fees||25 Lakhs INR per year||50,000 – 75,000 USD||22,800 – 35,000 GBP|
|Competition for Residential staying||low||high||high|
|Medium of teaching||German||English||English|
PG in Germany after MBBS – Jobs and Salary
Doctors are among the world’s most employable and highest-paid workers. High employability and high payments are assured by a medical degree in Germany.
The pay will depend on your hospital’s job background and role. A specialist in Germany, for example, earns an average of around € 80,000 per year.
Doctors are also among the doctors with the highest pay. A doctor in Germany should predict much more than € 100,000 per year with several years of experience.
The course is not in the English language. However, there are various English medical schools in Germany now. Specialized medicine in Germany is a part of various medical universities in Germany that teach in English.
USA, UK, Gulf nations, Germany, Canada, Russia, Philippines are the top 7 countries to complete your medical education.
As of now, the degree from Germany is not valid in India. However, it is acceptable around Europe and in other countries.
Average salaries in Germany for doctors vary between 65,000 euro gross salary per year for an assistant doctor to 80,000 euros for a specialist.
It is safe to say that USMLE exams are comparatively easier than NEET.
MBBS in India is not considered equivalent to basic medical learning in Germany.
A doctorate degree is the highest level of academic degree in most fields. For research or university teaching, the degree is usually a Ph.D., while applied professional doctorates include the Doctor of Medicine (MD), the Doctor of Education (Ed), and the Juris Doctor (JD), among others.
It costs about 850 Euros a month for living costs.