Rajdhani College is an almost 5 decades old academic institute affiliated with the University of Delhi. The institute came into existence in 1964 with the help of the administration of Delhi. The college is one of the most prestigious affiliates of the University of Delhi.
Since the college was started by the government, it was named Government College which was changed to Rajdhani College a few years later when the Delhi government decided to set up an independent autonomous governing body to regulate the institute. The institute has a very strong academic approach and is dedicated to the overall development of its students.
With courses in science, arts, and commerce, the college is expanding its horizon. The college offers various courses and programs as an undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree and Certification programs. The Institute does not limit itself to the academic stream only but extends towards sports, art, and culture as well. The college has several societies active in different aspects like drama, art, debate, etc. Apart from cultural societies, the college has departmental societies as well which include the Economic Society, English Literary Society, Physics and Electronics Society, and Robotics Society.
Rajdhani College Cut-off 2020
Admission into the colleges affiliated to the University of Delhi is processed through the cut-off only. Most of these colleges do not conduct any entrance exams but, 12th marks are used as criteria for cut-off.
Rajdhani College is no different and hence follows the same rule. The college releases the cut-off list every year for all of its courses ranging from arts to science to commerce. The cut-off list is based on the reservation category as per the government guidelines.
B. Com (Hons):
92% for General
89% for Economically Weaker section
75% for SC
BSc (Hons) Physics:
89% for General
87% for OBC
75% for SC
BSc (Hons) Mathematics:
91% for Economically Weaker Section
87.5% for OBC
78% for SC
BA (Hons) Economics:
94.25% for General
87% for OBC
75% for SC
Rajdhani College DU
Rajdhani College in Delhi is affiliated by the University of Delhi. It follows the guidelines and admission process of the University of Delhi. The University of Delhi is a public university founded in 1922. It is on its way to complete its 100 years.
The University has 86 departments under 16 faculties that operate on its two campuses – North Campus and South Campus. Rajdhani College is located in the West Delhi near Rajouri Garden. Rajdhani College shifted to Rajouri Garden in the year 1976.
- The college was established in 1964 at Kirti Nagar
- In 1976, it transferred its functions to a new building near Rajouri Garden
- The new building was inaugurated by the then PM of India Sh. Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
- The college has a Robotic Laboratory which was set-up in collaboration with IIT Bombay
Rajdhani College Ranking
Rajdhani College has been offering high-quality education in its well-equipped campus. The college has shown sustainable growth in all aspects, academics, sports, arts, culture, etc.
The college has a Memorandum of Union for 5 years on academic exchange with the Atmospheric and Ocean Research Institute, University of Tokyo. The college has given many famous names to the society like Ashish Nehra (Cricketer) and Dibang (Journalist).
- The college was ranked 2nd in the Good Practices event organized in the Antardhvani
- In 2019 Delhi College Awards, Rangat Society of Rajdhani College won the 3rd position
- In the 2019 Delhi College Awards, Trayambakam, the dramatic society of Rajdhani College got the best theatre award.
- The college and its societies have begged many such accolades
Rajdhani College B.Ed Admission
Rajdhani College in Delhi does not offer a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course as part of its curriculum. However, Rajdhani college in Bhubaneswar has started to offer a Bachelor of Education in the year 2016 with permission from the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE).
NCTE is the official body that keeps a check on the standard and processes of education in the country. For admission into the course follow these steps.
- Download the application form from the official website of the college
- Fill the form correctly and pay the application fee via online challan
- Send the duly filled form by registration post/speed post or by speed post
- Selection of students is based on the marks from 10th to graduation
Rajdhani College Admission Form
Rajdhani College offers admission into its various courses including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Admission opens into undergraduate programs like BA (Hons), BA (Programme), BSc (Hons), BSc (Programme, and B. Com (Hons) and postgraduate programs like MA and M.Com.
To apply for admission into any of these programs, candidates must fill the two forms mentioned below.
- Delhi University’s pre-admission form is common and mandatory for admission into all the colleges affiliated to the University of Delhi.
- Rajdhani College admission form after the announcement of the cut-off list by Delhi University.
Rajdhani College PG Admission 2020
Rajdhani College offers postgraduate degree programs along with undergraduate and certification programs. Admission into the postgraduate degree courses begins along with the admission into other courses.
Postgraduate courses offered by the Rajdhani College include Master of Arts in English, Master of Arts in Hindi, Master of Arts in History, and Master of Commerce. Admission into these courses is based on the merit list and cut-off list.
- To apply for the PG program at Rajdhani College, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream.
- Fill the pre-admission form released by DU for all the colleges affiliated to DU
- After the announcement of cut-off, candidates are required to fill the form of Rajdhani College
- For admission into the college, candidates have to be present in the college in person
- Candidates must produce all the necessary documents at the time of admission
Rajdhani College of Engineering and Management
Rajdhani College of Engineering and Management is a private management institute situated in Bhubaneswar Odisha. The institute was established in 1993 to achieve “Excellence in Management Education.” The institute offers two courses in management – Master in Business Administration and a Postgraduate Diploma in Management. The institute is affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela, Bhubaneswar.
The two courses in the institute are approved by the All India Council of Technical Education and recognized by the Director of Higher Education, Government of Odisha. The university is a member of the Association of Indian Management School (AIMS), All India Management Association (AIMS), and All Odisha Management College Association (OMCA).
- The institute offers 2-years full-time MBA program and 5-years full-time MBA integrated program
- The institute also offers a Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- Candidates are required to have at least 50% marks in graduation to apply for admission into MBA
- Candidates are also required to have a valid score of either CAT, MAT, CMAT, XAT, or ATMA.
Rajdhani College Review
Rajdhani College is one of the most popular colleges in Delhi affiliated to the University of Delhi. The college has a good infrastructure, well-equipped laboratories, and a highly maintained library. The college has experienced and supportive teaching staff which is headed by the Principal Dr Rajesh Giri.
The college has positive reviews on various education portals. The motto of the institute is “let our efforts at learning be luminous and filled with joy, and endowed with the force of purpose.” Some of the overall ratings based on different reviews are given below.
- On Getmyuni, the college has 7.4 ratings out of total of 10 rating points.
- On Careers 360, the college has 3.5 ratings out of a total of 5 rating points.
- On Shiksha, the college has 3.6 ratings out of a total of 5 rating points.
- On College Search, the college has 4 ratings out of a total of 5 rating points.
Rajdhani College Fee Structure
All the colleges affiliated to the University of Delhi are required to follow the guidelines of the government and the University of Delhi. Fees structure of various programs differs from each other.
Students are required to pay the fees based on the annual academic calendar. Fees structure of a course is composed of various components including admission fee, tuition fee, library and reading room, identity card fees, caution money, development charges, etc. The overall fees of some of the programs are given below.
- Fees for BA (Programme) and BA (Hons) is INR 10,150 per year
- Fee for BSc Mathematics is INR 10,150 per year
- Fee for B. Com (Hons) is INR 10,150 per year
- Fees for all science courses is INR 10,970 per year
Rajdhani College Placement
Placement is the important criteria that every student considers before taking admission into any college. Students choose to invest their hard-earned money and precious time of 2-3, years because they expect a good return on investment at the end of the course.
The placement scenario at Rajdhani College is open and praiseworthy. The college has a dedicated placement cell that strives to achieve a maximum number of placements every year. The placement cell invites companies from a different domain to provide opportunities to all the students.
- The highest package offered for B. Com (Hons) is INR 35,000 per month
- The average package offered for B. Com (Hons) is INR 20,000 per month
- On average, 60 companies visit the college for campus placement every year
- MNCs like Wipro, TCS, and Vivo visit the college for campus placement
Rajdhani College Contact No.
For any query regarding admission or any course, candidates can contact the college through a call on +91-11-25930752. Candidates can also send an email to the college for any query on [email protected]
For admission, purpose candidates are required to be in the college in person. Candidates can reach the college or send posts at Rajdhani College, University of Delhi, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Raja Garden, New Delhi – 110015.
Ans. Shivaji College is better than Rajdhani College when compared based on faculties. Shivaji College has better faculties than Rajdhani College. However, the faculties of Rajdhani College are also praiseworthy and cannot be neglected.
Few courses in Shivaji College are better than those of Rajdhani College. However, commerce courses are better at Rajdhani College. The laboratories of Rajdhani are better than those of Shivaji.
Ans. Rajdhani College is an almost 5 decades old academic institute affiliated with the University of Delhi. The college is one of the most prestigious affiliates of the University of Delhi.
The college offers various courses and programs as an undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree and Certification programs. The Institute does not limit itself to the academic stream only but extends towards sports, art, and culture as well.
Ans. The University has 86 departments under 16 faculties that operate in its two campuses – North Campus and South Campus. Rajdhani College is located in the West Delhi near Rajouri Garden.
Rajdhani College shifted to Rajouri Garden in the year 1976. The college was established in 1964 at Kirti Nagar. In 1976, it transferred its functions to a new building near Rajouri Garden
Ans. To apply for the PG program at Rajdhani College, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant stream. Fill the pre-admission form released by DU for all the colleges affiliated to DU.
After the announcement of the cut-off, candidates are required to fill the form of Rajdhani College. For admission into the college, candidates have to be present in the college in person. Candidates must produce all the necessary documents at the time of admission.