An MBBS degree is an undergraduate course is basically a professional course for those students who want to become a future doctor. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is considered a professional degree in medical science. Generally, the tenure of this course is 5 years and six months. It also includes a 1-year rotational internship at different hospitals and different health centers.
A person becomes a certified medical practitioner after doing an MBBS degree. The course contains a vast syllabus and the studies include subjects such as anatomy, pharmacology, pathology, etc to name a few. Also, the career specializations for the MBBS graduates are Cardiology, General Surgery, Organ Transplant, etc.
Top Colleges to pursue MBBS in India
1. AIIMS- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
2. Armed forces medical college
3. Cristian Medical College
4. Maulana Azad Medical College
5. Lady Hardinge Medical College
Career Options for MBBS Graduate
During their internship, the students can work with different health centers along with different hospitals in the form of medical assistants. After the completion of the internship, the students can register themselves as doctors with the Medical Council of India(MOC).
In addition to this, they also can enroll themselves in the postgraduate course as well. They can also get employed in different central organizations including hospitals and different health sectors of the government.
Skills Required for MBBS
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Medical writing skills.
- Professional commitments and medical ethics.
- A desire for knowledge and research.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Caring for the patient.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS
- Candidates must have done their 12 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main. Also, they need to have English as their main subject.
- Also, they need to fulfill the age criteria for entering the MBBS degree that is they must have completed 17 years of age.
- For an MBBS graduate, there are also some regulatory criteria which are mentioned in the Medical Council of India(MOC).
Also Read: MBBS Full Form
Subjects in MBBS Degree
In the curriculum of MBBS, the students not only learn about the different kinds of medicines and diseases but also learn about different work ethics as well.
The subjects which are included in the curriculum of an MBBS degree are listed as follows:-
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
MBBS Entrance Exam
For admission in the MBBS course, a student needs to clear the entrance examination known as NEET in India. This is the only entrance test and is widely accepted in both government and private medical colleges.
Also Read: MBBS in Ukraine
Top Recruiters for an MBBS Graduate
The top recruiters for an MBBS graduate are major hospitals, health care centers and pharmaceuticals etc.
The list of major recruiters for an MBBS graduate is listed as:
- Medanta Hospitals.
- Sri Ganga Ram Hospital.
- Fortis Healthcare Limited.
- Apollo Healthcare Hospitals and Enterprise Limited.
- Cipla Limited.
- Religare Health Insurance Private Limited
Scope of an MBBS graduate
- General Physician:- The average salary offered to a general physician is about 4.5 lakh annually.
- Pediatrician:- The starting salary starts from 5 lakhs annually.
- Medical Assistant(Surgery):- The salary of a Medical Assistant starts from 7 lakhs annually.
Ans. M.B.B.S.: Bachelor of medicine, bachelor of surgery; an international medical degree equivalent to an M.D. in the U.S. system (also abbreviated as M.B., Ch.B.; M.B., B.Ch.; M.B., B.Chir.)
Ans. Full form of MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine, and Bachelor of Surgery. In Latin, the Bachelor of Surgery means Medicinae Baccalaureus, and Bachelor of Surgery means Baccalaureus Chirurgiae
Ans. It is very tough to pursue the MBBS course. Medical Line is quite tough as compared to Engineering Field. A Medical Degree has been never easy. MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) is the most popular and designated degree of doctors