Biodata is a ‘biographical info‘ acronym. A biodata format is a text which is 1-2 pages long and collects individual information that can be used for different employment, research, and educational institutions. It is also known as biographical data and includes individual information such as name, age, date of birth, caste, educational qualifications, skills, hobbies of interest, experience, contact number, etc. It serves as a criterion to evaluate or assess the individual.
A biodata could be any of the following, depending on the context and setting:
- A validity assessment based on criteria used by employers for personnel selection
- An antiquated term, meaning resumption
- A resume supplement or C.V.
- A replacement resume in some regions of South Asia
- Application for Government employment in India
- To apply for temporary and/or qualified employment in certain countries
While selecting a candidate following factors should be analyzed:
- Objective: Through this, the person who is taking the interview should get to know about the recipient’s overall career/life goal, and why the position should be considered.
- Personal Information: General information such as candidate name, postal address, date of birth, gender, names of parents, religion, etc. Candidate should also focus on hobbies, interests, talents, abilities, features, and everything else that makes the recipient understand who the candidate is and what they want to accomplish in life.
- Educational Background: Candidate should list, in chronological order, their academic profile and achievements, particularly those that are relevant to what they are applying for.
- Experience: Candidate should list, in chronological order, their occupational history, as well as skills obtained, awards received, and other professional achievements.
Biodata Format Marriage
Biodata for marriage format is a concise document outlining a brief profile of the man or woman interested in getting married through an arranged marriage. This document may include details such as vital statistics (height/body type/skin color), religion and/or caste, education qualifications, professional background, family background, contact details, together with a partner expectation summary. Also known as matrimonial biodata. It refers to a series of in-depth information about an individual that helps the recipient determine if such an individual is an appropriate marriage partner.
The format for marriage is:
- General Information– It includes name, parents’ name, date of birth, family details, caste, educational background, profession.
- Appearance– It includes height, weight, build, hair and eye color, facial appearance, complexion. Along with this, the best photo has to be attached to this.
- Contact information– It includes postal address, e-mail address, landline, and mobile phone numbers, social media information.
- Lifestyle- This should include hobbies, interests, values, beliefs, opinions, favorite food, likes/dislikes, etc.
- Life goals- This includes the things or positions a person wants to achieve in their life.
- Partner Expectation- This includes the qualities which a person wants to find in their partner; such as, age, family type, educational background, looks, facial expression, etc.
Biodata Format for Marriage for Girl
The details which are included in the biodata for the marriage for a girl is as follows:
- Personal details
- Professional details
- Fathers information
- Family status & details
- Groom choice
Biodata Format for Marriage for Boy
The biodata format for the marriage for the boy includes various parameters which are as follows:
- Personal details
- Professional details
- Fathers information
- Family status & details
- Bride choice
Biodata Format Job
A career or work biodata is a collection of knowledge about individual professional qualifications and abilities. It typically highlights a person’s professional experience with respect to a particular job position.
Some organizations require candidates applying for a job to provide job biodata where they highlight their skills when selecting their workforce, it is used as a validity assessment tool for employers. A job biodata includes some personal details plus other information.
Biodata Format for Job Application
The parameters which are included in the candidate job application are:
Objective: An objective consists of 2-3 sentences that define how the candidate fits the position. This type of opening statement is helpful for newcomers and those with limited experience. Their aim presents their strong qualities, incorporates know-how, and describes how they can serve any company. Some points which the candidate should keep in their mind are-
- Concentrate on track record.
- Specify training and experience (if any);
- Show performance(s);
- Using figures to measure possibilities.
Personal Information: Ensure all of the important information is secured. Double-check the job advertisement to see if some specific requirements to meet. The information which should be included in this are-
- current position,
- e-mail address,
- phone number,
- contact details,
- postal address,
- place of residence,
- date of birth,
- marital status,
- parents’ names,
Educational Qualification: The whole education with the obtained points, such as college, graduation, and post-graduation should have to be mentioned. Along with this write down the coursework and academic accomplishments that are important to the job offered.
Showcase Experience: The roles and responsibilities which the candidate has performed in their previous jobs have to be mentioned.
Biodata Format Teacher
It cannot be overemphasized the value of teachers and education. From pre-K through college, teachers direct students through small and large lessons, both at public and private institutions throughout the world. With such a wide range of subject matter and specialties in the teaching field, it can be confusing to pick relevant information when writing a teacher’s resume. Some parameters which should be kept in mind while writing the biodata format for teachers are as follows:
- INFORMATION (along with Name, Address, e-Mail address)
- PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- ACADEMIC DETAILS
- TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- INTEREST & HOBBIES
- PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
- Father’s Name:
- Mother’s Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Marital Status:
- Language Known:
- CONTACT DETAILS
- Present Address:
- Permanent Address:
- Place: Signature:
Biodata Format for Students
Biodata of student education refers to knowledge about a student. This represents the level of education of the student. If seeking entry to learning institutions, one may be required to provide this information, which may also be needed for documentation purposes.
This includes name, age, highest educational degree, grades, and certificates. Department and professorship.
- BIO-DATA (HEADING)
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Marital Status
|Name of the Examination||Name of the Board/University||Name of the Institution||Year of Passing||Percentage|
Passing Note: Qualifications must be written in tabular form with the above-mentioned heads.
- Work Experience – It ought to be written from the most recent to the oldest in conjunction with the period.
- Languages Known
Resume Biodata Format
Biodata is an abbreviation for biographical data about the object. It is typically 1-3 pages long as a document format and is used to apply for employment. The biodata format contains relevant factual information concerning a person, such as:
- Personal data (e.g. date of birth, gender, marital status, religion, height, complexion, father’s name, etc.).
- Educational background
- Occupational history
- Interests and hobbies
Biodata Format in English
Biodata is a database that focuses on your details such as date of birth, gender, ethnicity, nationality, place of residence, marital status, name of parents, contact information, current position, salary, etc. It can also contain brief opening remarks, education, and sequential order experience.
Biodata Format Freshers
If a candidate is graduating recently or about to graduate or applying for a job as a fresher, they’ll need to follow a particular resume format to create a professional resume that will attract the eye of a recruiter. This type is for an individual who has graduated from high school or college recently, or who has very limited work experience. One has to emphasize his / her skills and abilities.
When writing a fresher resume with no job experience, two parts are vital to highlighting future employers for your worth. These essential parts are the overview of (1) your profile and (2) your education.
Important headings to be covered in fresher resume include:
Internship detail, Courses studied, technical skills, key projects completed, and a few personal data.
It generally includes the following sections:
- Header: Candidate name, contact information, including mobile number, address, email ID, LinkedIn ID, etc.
- Profile Summary: Actually, it is the resume pitch. Always write and summarize professional brief and crisp by elaborating the best qualities for the job for which candidates are applying for.
- Bonus Tip: Use this section to suit the work position and responsibilities listed in the job description for the career objectives.
- Educational Qualifications: When the candidate has no work experience, their academic qualifications play a vital role in getting them shortlisted for a job interview. Start with the highest level of education when they arrive at to list of qualifications. For example, list the bachelor’s degree detail then 12th’s details, and then 10th’s details. Include details like examination name, subjects studied, school/college name, University/board name, passing year, maximum marks, marks obtained, and percentage/CGPA.
- Skills: List the technical and interpersonal skills which are required to apply for a job.
- Additional Sections: In this, the candidate can also include other details like personal interests, certifications, projects, language skills, personal details, etc.
- Bonus Tip: Always use bullets to highlight key information. Recruiters appreciate an organized and easy to gather information layout.
Bonus Tips: For these resume samples, correct spacing and large headings look engaging. Also, rename and save the fresher resume sample as .pdf format as MS Word might not keep the resume layout intact.
Biodata Format for Nurses
Specific nurse curricula contain various elements depending on the destination receiver. Even so, most of them contain important elements like goals and professional descriptions of an individual. In general, Summaries begin with your name and address.
This is followed by their clinical experience, which identifies the preceding places where the candidate has worked. This includes other related knowledge, too. Many examples include participation in one’s culture, volunteer experience, awards, and honors. These tend to give evidence of the interest in the candidate’s profession. Professional resumes also end with a list of referees who may be asked to include some information about you.
- Contact Information
- Resume Summary
- Work Experience
- Awards & Recognitions
- Additional sections include:
- Conferences & Courses
- Professional Affiliations
- Interests & Hobbies
Ans. Recruiters are using biodata to determine the applicant for the selection of staff. It is typically used to apply for jobs for the Indian government and is often used for the modeling profession in the entertainment industry.
Ans. Professional history and formal sections should be a biodata for jobs. Biodata for marriage on the other hand should include both personal and professional information. In fact, they both have a particular purpose, and should not, in any case, be clubbed.
Ans. The greatest mistake of all when putting together the CV is simply this: being sloppy. A sloppy spelling error here. Send it out in an incorrect format. Small bits of sloppiness quickly add up. They can end up having candidate resume thrown into the pile of “Don’t call us, we’ll call you.” Here are three tips to avoid making the worst possible resume error ever.
Ans. A biodata serves as a document that provides information about people and professionals. It is widely used for marriage purposes and can be used as a resume or CV for certain industries such as fashion, entertainment, etc.
Ans. Reverse format for chronological resumes. For most job seekers this is the bread and butter choice. It is also the simplest resume format, and the one that most recruiters see can make a reverse chronological resume appear ‘ordinary.’ As everything is written in descending order recruiter can easily focus on all the parameters while recruiting a candidate.