Australia is increasingly becoming one of the most popular destinations for skilled migrants. Adding to that is the advantage of Australia’s immigration process and policy is one of the most liberal ones. Thousands of applicants each year migrate to Australia on a PR Visa – from countries in the subcontinent.
Qualifying for an Australian PR requires to fulfill these two important eligibility criteria –
- Minimum Points of 65.
- Profile on Australia’s Demand List.
Australia PR Points Calculator – What is the Australia Immigration PR Points Requirement?
Applying to any skilled migration visa category includes the following –
- For Skilled Independent Visa – Subclass 189
- For the Skilled Nominated Program – Subclass 190
- For Territory Nomination – Subclass 489
To obtain permanent residency points, an applicant needs to have a minimum score of 65. Following factors are considered for the same –
- Language Proficiency – English
- Age of the applicant
- Skilled Employment
- Educational Qualifications
- Community Language Qualification
- Partner Skill Qualification
- Study in Regional Australia
- Professional Year in Australia
- Nomination by Territory Government/State – Visa Subclass 190
- Nomination by Territory Government/State/Sponsorship via a family member – Visa Subclass 490
How are the points structured in Australia PR Points Calculator?
- Age of applicant
Applicants who are aged above 45 years are not eligible to apply under the Skill Select Program under the Australia PR Points Calculator.
- Language Proficiency Requirements for Australia PR Points Calculator
|English Language Proficiency Level for Australia PR Points Calculator||Points allocated in the Australia PR Points Calculator|
|Superior English – Having an IELTS score of 8 or more per band for each category||20|
|Proficient English – Having an IELTS score of 7 or more per band for each category||10|
|Competent English – Having an IELTS score 6 or more per band for each category||0|
Australia PR Points Calculator – Points for Skilled Employment
Applicants are awarded the Australian Permanent Residency Points for Skilled Occupation listed in the categories like MLTSSL, ROL, or STSOL.
Applicants can receive a maximum of 20 points under Skilled Employment. These points are awarded without considering the location of the employment, i.e the work experience may be from Australia, or any place outside Australia. The experience must have been gained in the last ten years.
|Work Experience – In Years||Points Awarded|
|At least 1 year||5|
|At least 3 years||10|
|At least 5 years||15|
|At least 8 years||20|
Skilled Employment outside Australia
|Work Experience – In Years||Points Awarded|
|At least 3 years||5|
|At least 5 years||10|
|At least 8 years||15|
Educational Qualification – Points on Australia PR Points Calculator
|Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree||15|
|Australian Diploma or Trade Qualification||10|
|Awards/Qualification recognized by the assessing||10|
|Authority in the assessment of the skilled occupation||10|
To be eligible in the General Skilled Migration Program for Australia PR Points, the candidates should be nominated on the basis of skilled occupation, on Australia’s Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL), or Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL).
Candidates having nominated occupation under MLTSSL can apply for the following visa options –
- Graduate Temporary – Subclass 485 Visa
- Skilled Independent – Subclass 189 Visa
- Skilled Regional – Subclass 887 Visa
Candidates having nominated occupation under CSOL can apply for the following visa options –
- Skilled – Nominated can get Subclass 190 Visa
- Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored Provisional can get Subclass 489 Visa
- Temporary Work Skilled can get Subclass 457 visa
- What is the minimum point required in the Australia PR Points?
For the year 2020, the applicant needs to have a minimum score of 65 Australia PR Points. The points are allocated on the basis of age, education, language skills, work experience, etc.
2. Can anyone get 75 points in Australia PR Points Calculator?
Chances are high for an applicant to get Australian PR Points above 75. Most of it depends on the volume of applicants received by Australia.
3. Is 65 score enough on Australia PR Points Calculator for a 189 Visa?
A candidate may get a 189 Visa if Australia receives limited application for a particular occupation. Example – 65 points would be enough for the role of scientist. But why would a scientist just score 65?
4. Australian PR with 60 points, is it possible?
If the score of 60 is obtained without State or Territory nomination in Australia PR Points Calculator, then Australia PR can be applied. On the basis of the occupation code and the number of applications received, final outcome with be decided by the Australian Visa Authorities.