MS in Business Analytics in USA is one most valued degree in the world. You’ll be glad to know that it is also, one of the top STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) degrees in the USA is the Master’s in Business Analytics, which comes with advantages including a longer post-study work visa, research opportunities, and high employment opportunity.
The US is one of the top study abroad locations for a Master’s in Business Analytics, with more than 210 prestigious universities offering degrees in the field. Business analytics is the process through which organisations analyse data using statistical techniques and technologies.
Read along to know what MS in Business Analytics in USA has to offer!
Why Study MS in Business Analytics in the USA
You should study MS in Business Analytics due to the following reason:
- In the USA, there are more than 210 prestigious universities that offer business analytics courses.
- Business analytics positions are expected to rise by 16 percent by 2024, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Graduates in business analytics can expect to earn between 40 lakh to 67 lakh in the US.
- A US master’s degree in business analytics opens up lucrative professional options.
Top Universities for MS in Business Analytics in USA
Universities in the USA are recognised for their business analytics degrees because they offer a broad choice of courses, an outstanding academic curriculum, a large range of research opportunities, and qualified faculty.
Check out the table below for top universities in USA for MS in Business Analytics :
|QS World Ranking 2023||Universities||Duration||Program Offered||Annual Fees (INR)|
|#1||MIT||1 year||Masters of Business Analytics||63.03 lakhs|
|#44||UCLA||15 month||MS Business Analytics||20.40 lakhs|
|#53||UC San Diego||1 year||MS Business Analytics||20.40 lakhs|
|#72||University of Texas at Austin||10 months||MSc Business Analytics||36.90 lakhs|
|#102||UC Davis||1 year||MSc Business Analytics||20.40 lakhs|
|#129||Purdue University||11 months||MS Business Analytics and Information Management||37.36 lakhs|
|#159||Michigan State University||2 years||Masters in Business Analytics||29.98 lakhs|
|#185||University of Minnesota||1 year||MSc Business Analytics||50.16 lakhs|
|#219||Arizona State University||9 months||MS Business Analytics||42.65 lakhs|
|#243||University of Notre Dame||1 year||MS Business Analytics||42.51 lakhs|
Also read : Master of Management in the USA
Admissions requirements for MS in Business Analytics in USA
Students wishing to enrol in MS Business Analytics course must submit the necessary documents required for admissions.
Documents Required for MS in Business Analytics Applications.
The list of documents required for entrance to the United States is as provided below:
- Scores of entrance examinations like GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, and others.
- Students need to provide their English language proficiency test scores.
- A minimum of two letters of recommendation are needed by a US university. It should be from past employers or faculty members.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Academic transcripts are important. It must include certificates and mark sheets of high school, graduation, and postgraduation.
- A valid passport and other national identification proofs.
- Students need to provide evidence about their funding options.
- An updated resume is important. If you have prior work experience, it may help waive the need for GRE test scores. Many universities in the US require students with some prior experience.
- Two passport size photographs
- For every university, there will be an application fee. The fee payment acknowledgement slip is an important document to confirm the application.
Eligibility criteria for Pursuing MS in Business Analytics in USA
Universities in the US offer programs in Business Analytics with some typical entry requirements. Students need to fulfil all the given eligibility requirements. Some universities keep general requirements. While others keep specific requirements. You will need to keep a check on the university’s website for this.
Check out the list below for eligibility criteria:
- You need to have an excellent academic record. Most Universities in the USA ask for a 3.0 – 4.0 GPA.
- You need to have proof of your English proficiency. You can choose to give IELTS or TOEFL.
- You need to have 12 years schooling from a recognised institution.
- You need to have an updated resume with some prior job experience. Various universities waive the GRE score requirement for students if you have prior work experience in the US.
- Standardized entrance examinations like GRE and GMAT are important eligibility criteria for a master’s in business analytics.
- Additionally, Passport, identification proof, and financial proof are required.
- Most Universities need at least two letters of recommendation and a statement of purpose.
MS in Business Analytics in USA Admissions Deadlines
Check out the list below for university- specific deadlines below:
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||January 5, 2023|
|UCLA||May 13, 2022 (closed)|
|University of Texas at Austin||Round 1: October 17, 2022Round 2: January 9, 2023Round 3: March 27, 2023|
|Michigan State University||September 15, 2022|
|Purdue University||January 28, 2023|
|UC San Diego||April 15, 2022 (closed)|
GRE Requirements for MS in Business Analytics
Following are the minimal GRE/GMAT scores needed to pursue the degree:
|MIT(Sloan)||Average GRE quant- 168|
|University of Texas at Austin(McCombs)||Minimum GRE quant- 157|
|University of Notre Dame||GMAT required|
|Arizona State University||GRE-310 (avg)GMAT- 641 (avg)|
|University of Minnesota(Carlson)||Required|
|UCLA||GRE quant- 167 (minimum)GMAT- 710|
|Michigan State University(Eli Broad)||GMAT- 650 (avg)|
|Carnegie Mellon University(Heinz College)||GMAT or GRE scores|
|UC San Diego||No minimum requirement|
|UC Davis||GMAT- 718 (avg)|
Check out : Masters in Psychology in the USA
MS in Business Analytics in USA without GRE
GMAT/GRE scores are used to assess the calibre of applicants for masters programmes overseas. You must submit your GMAT or GRE scores to the majority of American universities that offer business analytics master’s degrees. The typical GMAT score required for admission to elite universities is 700 or higher. GRE equivalent scores are regarded as being competitive enough to be admitted at prestigious American colleges.
However, international students who still intend to apply for an MS in Business Analytics in the USA but do not have excellent GRE/GMAT results or have not yet taken the exam can do the following:
- With a high GPA, you can qualify for a GMAT/GRE waiver by earning a bachelor’s degree with good grades. Some international applicants who may have scored exceptionally well in undergrad may be eligible for a GMAT/GRE waiver, albeit this is extremely uncommon for overseas applicants.
- Apply to colleges and universities that don’t require GMAT or GRE scores: Many prestigious colleges advise applicants to submit their GMAT/GRE results, but this is not required. North Carolina State University, University of Rochester, DePaul University, and Suffolk University are among the well-known universities or colleges that offer the programme to international students without requiring a GMAT or GRE score.
- Some universities waive GRE requirements for students who have prior work experience. You can apply to those universities.
Work Experience Requirements for MS in Business Analytics in USA
Some universities accept students based on their prior work experience. Requirement is different for different universities.
Check out the table below for the work experience requirements:
|Universities||Work Experience Requirements|
|University of Texas at Austin(McCombs)||Preferred but not compulsory.|
|University of Notre Dame||2-year work experience|
|Arizona State University||2 years|
|UCLA||2 years work experience|
|UC San Diego||5-year work experience|
MS in Business Analytics in USA Costs
Check out the Pre-arrival cost below:
|Type of Expense||Cost (INR)|
|Program Application Fees||7,687-15,375|
|Visa Application Fees||12,300|
Check out the Post arrival cost below:
|Categories||Average monthly expenses (INR)|
Also read : Study in the USA without IELTS
MS in Business Analytics in USA with Scholarships
Scholarship opportunities are readily available, as there are over 1,86,000 Indian students studying in the USA. The Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship, which supports master’s students, is a unique Indian equivalent to the Fulbright Foreign Student Program. For students looking for a funding option, there is also the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program.
Check out the table below for Scholarships to study MS in Business Analytics In USA:
|Fullbright Masters Scholarship||Tuition and other expense waivers|
|AAUW International Fellowships||18,000|
|BrokerFish International Student Scholarship||1000|
|Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship||100,000|
Do you wish to study MS in Business Analytics? Book a session with experts at Admitkard and get your profile evaluated for you.
Ans: Because business analytics is more focused on data, little to no coding should be required in your function. However, there are a number of additional applications that you might find yourself utilising frequently at work, such as Excel for calculations and spreadsheets.
Ans: In most cases, a university’s school of business houses the business analytics department. A career in business is what it is. Though it is also recognised as a STEM field because math and technology make up a sizable portion of the curriculum. The vast majority of colleges worldwide have designated MSBA as a STEM programme.
Ans: The US, Canada, UK, Singapore, France, and Germany are the finest countries for master’s programmes in business analytics. Additionally, candidates claim that the US is the finest location for a Master of Business Analytics (MSBA).
Ans: Master of Business Analytics degree with a management focus. Most programmes last between one and two years. Graduate programmes offer a diverse selection of distinctive specialisations. Students may need to acquire practical job experience prior to graduation for certain of the courses.