These days science and technology courses are very much in demand. On postgraduate courses along the same line is Masters of Technology. Most students prefer to continue their Bachelors of Technology degree, with an M.Tech, while some, on the other hand, prefer Masters of Science. One must know that most M.Tech courses as we refer in India, might be called as M.Sc courses abroad. The M.Tech/MSc courses, are generally for 1-2 years and cover a plethora of subjects from civil and computer science to mechanical and aviation. Though M.Tech is one of the most sought-after courses, however not that easy. It needs a stellar academic and professional record to make it to the top tier of M.Tech programs.
Best Universities for M.Tech Courses Abroad
For most of the universities abroad, especially the top rankers, the entry requirements are for a graduate with 80% and above aggregate, apart from other prerequisites such as IELTS and GRE test scores.
- Stanford University
- University of California
- University of Cambridge
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang University
- Princeton University
- Oxford University
- Harvard University
- University of Melbourne
- University of Toronto
- Technical University of Munich
- University of New South Wales
- University of Manchester
- McGill University
Best M.Tech Courses Abroad
For most students applying for M.Tech courses, it is suggested that the courses and its curriculum be valued more than the university or the city the university is located in. The simple reason behind this is the fact that a university has its own set of departments that it specializes or is prolific in, and it is the student’s job to learn and enroll for the same.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Computer Sciences
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- MEng in Engineering Management
- MSc in Information Sciences and Technology
- Master of Science in Applied Engineering and Sciences
- Master of Science in Information Security
- MSc in Aerospace Engineering
- MSc in Automotive Engineering
Why Study M.Tech Abroad?
A Master’s of Technology course from a recognized course abroad is essential if you wish to obtain the following-
- Quality Education
- Cost Effective Education
- Post-Graduation Work Permit
- Permanent Residency Options
- Job Opportunities
- Free Healthcare Services
- Free Childcare Services
- Immigrant-friendly University and Environment
How to Apply for M.Tech Abroad?
Given below is the entry test requirements for different countries abroad.
- USA- 60% aggregate, GRE and IELTS/TOEFL
- Canada- 70% aggregate and IELTS/TOEFL
- Australia- 60% aggregate and IELTS/TOEFL
- Germany- 70% aggregate, GRE/GMAT and IELTS/TOEFL
- UK- 60% aggregate and IELTS/TOEFL
- New Zealand- 60% aggregate and IELTS/TOEFL
- Ireland- 60% aggregate and IELTS/TOEFL
- Singapore- 70% aggregate, GRE and IELTS/TOEFL
- China- 60% aggregate and IELTS/TOEFL
The application procedure for most of the countries abroad, especially for Master’s courses is more or less the same.
- Apply Online: You can apply online, directly for the university study programme.
- Fill up the Application Form: Downloading the application form and submitting all required documents is one of the key steps of any type of university application.
- Upload the Documents: All education certificates and other details need to be uploaded before submitting the application form.
- Pay the Application Fee: For most university, there is an application fee that is levied on each application filed.
- Visa Application: Once you receive your Letter of Acceptance and your admission gets confirmed, then you need to head on to apply for your study permit in Canada.
Fee for M.Tech Abroad
Scholarships for M.Tech Abroad
A scholarship is a grant or a financial support a student’s education, generally based on academic achievements and records.It is a kind of encouragement as well as an aid for students. In fact, most of the scholarship-seekers are international students.
Some scholarships that work great as financial aid for studies abroad are-
- Avvo Scholarship Program, USA
- Berkeley College International Student Scholarships, USA
- Cappex American Scholarships, USA
- Federal Student Aid Types,USA
- FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship, CA
- Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarship, CA
- IDRC Research Awards, CA
- Australia Awards Scholarships, AUS
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards, AUS
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS), AUS
How to Apply for Scholarships for Master’s of Technology Abroad?
- File an Application- You will need to file a scholarship application for each and every scholarship you wish to obtain. For that, go to the registration website for each scholarship and register. The application must be filled without errors, should make a great impression on the reader and should include well-thought of references.
- Upload the Documents- You will also be required to send in your academic record in the form of transcriptions, study plans or the course you are applying to and the careers you wish to pursue and why, list of references, financial and funding documents.
- Attach the Scholarship Essay- This essay should weave out a story from your life and list out what and why makes your eligible and suitable for the scholarship.
- Submit the Application- Once you are done with the above mentioned steps, you just need to submit the application form and wait for the selected students’ list to come out.
Documents for Scholarship Application
You need submit the following documents along with your scholarship application.
- Proof of Nationality- Must be a citizen of India ( for Indian students only), and should have a valid passport.
- Education- For some scholarships like the Ratan Tata Scholarship, the student should have attended secondary school in India and ust have an admission offer as an undergraduate/ postgraduate student in a foreign university.
- Basis of Scholarship- In most cases, the student should be eligible for Need-based Financial Aid.
- Worth- The student must have an excellent academic record, so as to be worthy of being selected for the scholarship
- Resume- A resume that includes all educational and work details of the applicant.
- References- A list of references who vouch for your credibility.
- Scholarship Essay- An essay more like a statement of purpose that talks about your journey and how you are worthy of the scholarship and how you would make use of the scholarship.
How to Apply for Study Visa for M.Tech Abroad?
If your study abroad destination is USA, then the visa process is as follows-
- Apply for Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) university and get approved for admission.
- Obtain the I-20 Form from the university/college, under the SEVP.
- Apply for SEVI, fill the form and pay the fees.
- Login on to the US Visa Application site. Fill in the form.
- Apply for the Student Study Visa with the required documents at the US Consulate Office or Embassy.
- Book the Appointment and appear for the same at the Visa centre.
- Register with your fingerprints and photograph on the Appointment Day.
- Appear for the Interview along with the needed documents.
However, for countries such as Canada, Australia, UK, New Zealand, etc for I-20 and D-160 are not required. However, the other aspects of the visa process remain the same. The documents required for the visa process are as follows-
- Valid Passport
- Recent Photographs
- Payment of $160 Visa Application Fees.
- Proof of Visa Application Fees
- I-20 Form or the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status form
- DS-160 Form or the Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application form
- For male candidates, in the age group of 16-45 years, DS-157 form needs to be filled.
The Visa Interview Day for Master’s of Technology Abroad
The interview tests your readiness for the course and eligibility for the F-1 visa. it's a mixture of personal further as career-motivated questions about your academic qualifications, purpose for course choice, career plans, finances and support, etc.
Keep in mind that if the documents submitted are found to the false or tempered with, it straightaway results in cancellation of application. additionally, make certain you answer the question asked. Giving haywire answers or in a casual or unacceptable tone or gestures can lead you to a denial. On the interview day, you have to carry all key documents.
- Your passport
- DS-160 form confirmation page that has a 10 digit barcode number on it.
- Visa payment receipt
- I-20 Form
- Educational Documents
- Financial documents
Jobs after M.Tech Abroad
M.Tech has a myriad of job opportunities waiting ahead. The average salary as listed, is USD $88K. Some of the top employers abroad for M.Tech graduates are-
- Microsoft Corp
- Amazon.com Inc
- InfoSys Limited
- Unitedhealth Group
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp
The job roles that M.Tech graduate get appointed for are-
- Software Managers
- IT Directors
- Senior Software Engineer
- Quality Manager
- Software Engineer h
Further Study Options
For most M.Tech graduates, further study option are also available. Most students go in for further research studies and specializations in the form of M.Phil and PhD courses. However, most of the students also enroll into professional courses to hone their specialized skills for various jobs.
All in all, M.Tech in a good university abroad, is an ideal option for those students who look out for a great combination of academic and professional enhancement, along with exposure to a new country and culture.