Created by business schools by business schools, the GMAT test is the most accurate, validated and well-understood indicator of academic success. The exam provides admissions officers with access to a selection of committed candidates and enables them to compare candidates so that they can build a diverse and successful class.
The GMAT test is a computer adaptive test, which indicates that each question is chosen by the test subject based on his or her level of ability. It makes the GMAT Total score an extremely accurate indicator of the individual's ability. It's far more efficient than a paper test, where everyone answers the same questions.
GMAT Exam Dates
There are no set official GMAT dates; you can choose any date based on your convenience and availability. If you need to take the GMAT test again, you can do so after 16 days. After every 16 days, you can take or retake the GMAT test. A limit of five times a year can appear for the test. Ideally, candidates are advised to file two or three months before the date of the test. If you register online or by phone, you can register at least 24 hours before the date of the exam. But it is safer to remain on early registration, as you will then have a set schedule to prepare for the exam accordingly.
- No rigidity
- Registrations open throughout the year
- Write the exam at your convenience
- Score valid for 5 years
GMAT Exam Dates 2020
The GMAT test can be carried out throughout the year. It can be arranged at an appropriate suitable date at the closest test center. Whether you're searching for a GMAT test center in Mumbai, Pune or any other place, the test dates and scheduling information can be found on their official mba.com website.
Nevertheless, make it a point to arrive early if you want a time slot and the date of your choosing, as these positions may be filled automatically.
- You are allowed to register for the GMAT up to six months in advance.
- There are 600 test centers in 114 countries all over the world offering GMAT exams.
- India has 39 test centers spread across 34 cities.
GMAT Exam Dates 2019
The length of the GMAT test is 3 hours 7 minutes, except for two 8 minutes, which are optional. The GMAT test consists of four sections:
- Analytical Writing Analysis
- Unified Reasoning,
- Quantitative Reasoning and
- Verbal Reasoning.
GMAT Exam Dates 2019 in India are valid throughout the year and candidates can choose the GMAT Exam Date for their convenience. If you are not pleased with the GMAT ranking, you can also choose the chosen GMAT test date to appear again in GMAT.
GMAT Exam Dates 2018
GMAT is a management entry test administered throughout the year and not on any specific dates/month. Since you have the flexibility to take the test on any day depending on availability and time slot, you can register for the GMAT exam at your convenience.
There is, therefore, no rigidity on the date of registration of GMAT 2019 or the completion of your GMAT 2019 application form before any fixed date as you can register, request and appear in GMAT at any time during the year.
|Online Registration||August 2017|
|Last date for registration||December 2017|
|Results of Shortlist Candidates||January 2018|
|Interview Date||February to March 2018|
|Declaration of Final Results||March 2018|
GMAT Exam Dates Availability
Generally, it's best to schedule your GMAT exam date far in advance. This way, you're going to have a reserved seat and a target to aim for. The ideal date for your evaluation is one month before the deadline for your submission. This will give you some time (though not a ton) to focus on your application essays after the GMAT exam date availability is over.
GMAT Date Booking
Four options to arrange your test and do the GMAT date booking:
- online: build your mba.com account
- Phone: contact GMAT Customer Service for your area (Note: an additional service fee of US$ 10 may be charged).
- Mail: fill in the form and mail it along with your invoice
- Fax: fill in the form and fax it to the number displayed Pay for your exam via credit card or debit card, check or money order.
- Data on GMAT Exam Fees and Order.
GMAT Last Date
There exist no last dates in case of GMAT as this exam can be written 5 times a year. GMAT is a computer-based online test that can be given at any time with prior booking of 24 hours or more. GMAT's last date in the case of the first batch of the exam is December for January-takers.
GMAT Registration Date
You are recommended to register two to three months before your desired test date, although you may register up to six months in advance. Use the Registration and Rating Tracking Schedule in the GMATTM Handbook to help you pick your test date.
- The fee for entry is $250. Often people find the price incredibly high, but it's marginal compared to the size of your MBA commitment.
- If you're rescheduling, you can do that, but it's not safe. Unless you reschedule more than 7 days in advance, a $50 fee will be paid. When you reschedule within a week, the cost is $250 –and that's the test fee to take the test, so you're essentially throwing out your original registration fee.
- You can retake the GMAT exam once every 31 calendar days, but not more than five times in a rolling 12-month cycle.
GMAT Important Dates
GMAT important dates may be divided into two groups, i.e. registration and date of the GMAT test. GMAC keeps both the GMAT Important Dates windows open all year round. Aspirants willing to get admissions to various B-Schools across the nation can book their GMAT slots for convenience and preference. It should be remembered that, when registering them, the applicants will be able to view the GMAT calendar for the year and book the available slots accordingly. Throughout registration for GMAT 2020, candidates must keep in mind the following points mentioned by GMAC:
|The time gap between two GMAT exams||16 Days|
|Total GMAT attempts allowed in a year||Five|
|Total GMAT attempts in a lifetime||Eight|
GMAT Application Date
GMAT application dates shall apply throughout the year. You should apply and arrange a study appointment at your convenience. The result will also be made available to the test takers on the same day after the exam. Candidates have the right to take the test at any time of year as per their convenience. The important thing to note is that candidates will reschedule their next attempt only after 16 days of the first attempt. A candidate is only allowed to make five attempts in one year.
GMAT Fees and Date
No matter where you live, you're going to have to pay a GMAT fee of US $250. But, $250 is just a GMAT registration fee. The GMAT cost will be more than the GMAT fee of US $250 in 2019. There are many other costs associated with the successful completion of the GMAT. Take a look at the cost of taking the GMAT from the Master Card Advertisement.
- GMAT Registration Fee – the US $250
- GMAT Preparation Cost – US $349 (e-GMAT's ' GMAT Online ' course)
- Rescheduling GMAT Fee (if necessary) – US $50 or the US $100 or the US $150
- Look on your face after you get a 780 – Priceless!!
Can I Retake GMAT?
Another necessary purpose to stay in mind regarding the distinctive GMAT exam is that it can be taken multiple times if one is not satisfied with their score. Or even in case, their score has been expired. There is a limit to the number of times the exam can be retaken, and in general, the fees are not refundable. There are certain rules and regulations about re-taking the GMAT exam which is as follows-
- an associate degree cannot seem to be taken for this communication over five times in an exceedingly 12-month rolling amount.
- Also, one will try this communication to most of eight times in an exceeding lifespan.
- The fee deposited for the communication isn't refundable
- It is pertinent to ensure to schedule the communication after your area unit fully-prepared to and ready to take it.
- Except for this, the fee for rescheduling the communication is US$50.
Finding Test Dates
Unlike bound tests, the GMAT doesn't have specific check dates. Rather, the GMAT, just like the GRE, may be taken at any time that you simply area unit prepared and you're able to reserve a spot at a close-by testing center.
- Therefore, the solution to you ought to do after taking the GMAT is: you aim to require it after your area unit is ready.
- It is in time for the appliance point of the programs you're inquisitive about.
- The recommendation of the check manufacturers is to schedule your GMAT for a date that's “at least twenty-one days before your application point.”
- You can realize a testing center close to you to check convenience or register on this page. Weekend dates tend to top off quickly as application deadlines approach.
- Usually, you’ll need to register for the GMAT communicating somewhat before, or rather be ready to require every day removed from work Associate in drive a ways to an accessible date at a testing center.
Also Read: GMAT Exam Dates (Updated 2020-21)
1. What if I need to reschedule my test date?
You can do that via the take a look at the appointment booking system on computer network.mba.com. If you schedule your appointment a minimum of seven full days before your original appointment, then you will-ought to pay a schedule fee of US$50. If you schedule, but seven full days before your original appointment, then you'll be charged the total registration quantity.
2. What if I have to cancel my test date?
You can do that via the take a look at the appointment booking system. If you cancel a minimum of seven full days beforehand of your appointment, you may receive a partial refund of US$80. If you cancel but seven full days beforehand of your appointment you may forfeit your entire registration fee.
3. What if I need to reschedule my test dates?
There is a GMAT schedule fee of $50 if you schedule over seven days before the particular GMAT check date. However, if you schedule among seven days of the regular check date and time, there's a $250 fee. You can't schedule among twenty-four hours of communication.
4. What is the best time to take GMAT?
The ideal time to convey the take a look at is a minimum of twelve months before Associate in Nursing Master in Business batch starts. That means, if you would like to start a Master in Business in Fall 2015, it's best to possess your GMAT score prepared before August 2014. Most colleges have 3-4 application cycles. The first cycle sometimes in Sept/Oct 2014, second cycle in Dec 2014,
5. Can I retake GMAT?
If you would like to retake the GMAT examination, you'll do thus when sixteen days. You'll take or retake the GMAT examination when every sixteen days. You'll seem for the examination most of 5 times in an exceedingly year. Ideally, you're counseled to register yourself 2 to a few months before the examination date.
6. For how many years it is valid for?
GMAT Score is valid for 5 years.
7. How am I able to modify the dates of the test?
It will price you $50 to schedule your GMAT to check up to seven days before your original appointment date and time. Once your GMAT examination date is one week away or less, no refund is going to be granted, to vary your check date, time, or location can price you the complete fee of $250.
8. What are the important dates?
There are no specific dates which are considered in such types of tests. The dates will be acknowledged at the time of registration.
9. How to take the GMAT exam date?
You can retake the GMAT up to five times in any 12-month amount, however no over once in any 16-day amount. You'll be able to request to GMAC in writing if you would like to require it over that. However, applications square measure solely thought of once you've got truly taken the fifth check. You'll be able to take the check once each sixteen calendar days solely.
10. How much does the GMAT costs?
GMAT costs US$250 globally.