The GMAT or Graduate Management Admission Test is a competitive exam taken to get admission in management graduate courses like MBA and Masters in Finance in top business colleges around the world. It is an online exam conducted by the GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) to evaluate a student’s analytic, verbal, quantitative and reasoning skills. GMAT tests the skills of a candidate that are key to the management and business programs. The exam is conducted around the year where the candidates have the flexibility to choose the day and time slot according to their availability.
GMAT Registration Fee
The application fee for GMAT is $250 or INR 17,000. If the candidate wants to change the center or reschedule the exam, they will have to pay $50 more. A cancellation fee of $80 will be refunded if you cancel the exam more than 7 days before the test date. Also, if you reschedule the exam more than 7 days before the exam, you will have to pay $60.
- In certain countries, candidates will have to incur some amount of tax above the standard fee.
- Information about the tax rate is available at MBA.com under the GMAT registration section.
- If an applicant cancels the exam within 7 days of the exam, no fee will be refunded.
- Also, the test slots cannot be canceled or rescheduled within 24 hours of the test date and time.
GMAT 2020 Registration Date
GMAT 2020 exam will test the analytic writing, data sufficiency, logic, problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills that are important to the business world. Each section of the GMAT 2020 exam is designed to analyse specific skills and is equally important. Since the exam is conducted around the year, there are no fixed dates and the exam date is chosen by the candidate depending on their availability.
- An applicant can take the test multiple times with a gap of at least 16 days after the previous exam or can even reschedule the date.
- The exam score is available to the candidate officially 3 weeks after the exam date.
- A candidate can take this exam at most 8 times within a rolling 12-month period.
GMAT Registration Online
GMAT Registration can be done online on the official website, through the mail, or even offline through the phone. You can call the GMAT Customer Service to apply for the test and pay the fee via check or money order. It is advisable to register for the exam at least 6 months before the test date as desired time slots may not be available at the last moment.
- To register online, a candidate has to create a GMAC account on the official website.
- You have to provide details like your full name, address, nationality, date of birth, gender, email and contact number.
- You can apply for the test, once your account is created and you can pick slots or reschedule the exam.
- The online registration process is fast and easy that takes only 10-15 minutes to complete.
GMAT Registration Process
GMAT is an important part of a business school application. The first step towards taking the GMAT is registering for the test. The most convenient way to register for GMAT is through the online process. The registration process is the initial and important step where you have to make sure that the details filled in are correct and accurate to avoid any problems in the application later. The GMAT registration process is done in the following way-
- Create a GMAC account on the official website and fill in the necessary details.
- Schedule your test date early enough to ensure proper preparation time for you.
- Choose the time of the day according to your preference and availability. Register as early as possible to avoid filling up of desired slots.
- Pay the registration fee and select the schools to which you wish to share your scores.
- Review and confirm your details on the confirmation page.
Q1. Where do you register for the GMAT?
Ans. You can register for the GMAT online on the website, through mail or through a call to the GMAT Customer Service.
Q2. How much is the GMAT registration fee?
Ans. The GMAT registration fee is $250 worldwide, i.e., INR 17,000 (approx.)
Q3. When should I register for GMAT?
Ans. You can register for the GMAT between 6 months to 24 hours before the desired exam date. However, it is advisable to do it as early as possible, at least 2-3 months before to get the desired date and time slot and get yourself enough time to prepare.
Q4. Is there any negative marking in GMAT?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in GMAT. Since it is an online exam, the system tells if the answer is right or wrong.
Q5. Is the GMAT exam tough?
Ans. Since it is a competitive exam for analysing your business and management skills, some questions can be difficult as it progresses. It depends on the preparation of the candidate and the skills one is better at since there are different sections testing various skills.
Q6. Can you use a calculator in GMAT?
Ans. You are not allowed to bring your own calculator for the exam. The calculator is not permitted for the Quantitative section. However, a calculator is provided for use in the Integrated Reasoning section only.