Tasmania is a small offshore island in the continent of Australia. Famed for its natural beauty, Tasmania is host to around 6 National parks. Tasmania is also known for its galleries, museums, and boutiques. The state is named after Abel Tasman who first sighted the island in 1642. Tasmania is also a very reputed center for culture and hosts various music shows and astronomical observations. As far as the climatic conditions of Tasmania are taken into consideration, it has a relatively cool temperate climate compared to the rest of Australia.
Top Universities in Tasmania
As old as the town of Tasmania might itself be, the role of education has been of vital importance to the town. Tasmania has a single university, The University of Tasmania that is spread into 3 campuses at Hobart, Launceston, and Burnie. It is amongst the top public research universities in not only Australia but the world. Setup in 1890 it is the fourth oldest university in Australia. The University of Tasmania is amongst the top 2% universities according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities. The university has a QS Ranking of 291. The university is well equipped with 7 physical libraries, integrated into a single master system. More information about the University of Tasmania can be accessed on the following website www.utas.edu.au.
Popular Courses in Tasmania
Since Tasmania has a single university to its credit, the popular courses discussed below belong to the University of Tasmania.
- Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology- (3 years, First-year tuition fee- INR 13.3 lakhs, TOEFL- 72, IELTS- 6)
- Bachelor of Business- (4 years, first-year tuition fee- INR 13.1 Lakhs, TOEFL-79, IELTS- 6)
- Master of Information Technology and Systems- (2 years, first-year tuition fee INR 16 Lakhs, TOEFL- 72, IELTS- 6)
- Master of Business Administration- (1.5 years, first year tuition fee INR 16.8 Lakhs, TOEFL- 100, IELTS- 6.5)
The University of Tasmania offers on campus residence to its students. These accommodations are spread across all its campuses and include students from a range of ethnicities and nationalities.
- The on campus residence costs on an average upto $165 per week on a sharing basis.
- This price is inclusive of all subsidiary inclusions like electricity, water, internet etc.
- The website for on campus accommodation is www.accommodation.utas.edu.au.
- There are a range of options to choose from for off campus accommodation as well.
- The rent ranges from 600-800 AUD per month on an average in Tasmania.
- The type of apartments includes 3 bedrooms, studio apartments etc.
- Further help for off campus accommodation can be found from www.flatmates.com.au/hobart.
- A wide variety of on campus jobs are available in all the three campuses and the wide range of boutiques and galleries also hire students for some extra help.
- The students could also choose to work in the national parks and wineries for a different experience while earning some extra money.