Queensland , the heart of Australia is one of the best places on the continent holding a large population backed up breathtaking tourist sites and spots. The state has a varied composition in terms of geographical, climatic and demographic aspects. The place is named after Queen Victoria in honour of her act to seperate it as a colony from New South Wales. The capital city Brisbane is of utter significance as it is the epicentre of various destinations. The place is an example of quintessential Australian lifestyle.
Attractions are present in the entire and that's why it qualifies to be an appropriate tourist destination. Beaches, cafe culture and dining facilities are remarkable.The tropical climate proves to be an attractive point. The place is bestowed with places like Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, Whitsunday islands and South Bank museums.
The state is a home to all the major industries across the globe focusing primarily on farms,fishing and forestry, manufacturing and retail, hospitality, tourism and support. The Queensland government extends support on both starting a new business and expanding the existing one.
Top Universities in Queensland
The state is home to large number of universities providing education at a good pace , but if we talk about top or best it can be summed up only to these 4 or 5 universities as they bring the overall personality development component in an individual's educational journey.
- The University Of Queensland - A public university with a very high research output and a global reputation for bringing positive change. It has three campuses and supports inclusive and diverse community learning.
- University Of Southern Queensland- A multicultural university representing students from 90 countries providing best research culture. It believes in giving world-class research with high-impact solutions.
- Griffith University- A leading university in Queensland with innovative courses and a great employability track record. It is ranked as among of the young universities across the globe.
- Bond University- It is the first private university of Australia with extensive partnership to world - leaders in the market. The learning facilities and infrastructure are up to the point.
- Central Queensland University- The largest university in Queensland with location in every mainland state. The place offers degrees as well as certificate courses ranging from vocational education to undergraduate studies.
The colleges in Queensland are as follows:
- QUT Gardens Point Campus
- Australian Catholic University
- Endeavour College Of Natural Health
- James Cook University
- University Of Sunshine Coast
Popular Courses in Queensland
Queensland is a state offering multiple options to students at graduate and postgraduate level in order to facilitate better education mechanism and provide a stable future. The place has institutions providing best degree courses, graduate,undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Studying abroad is preferred only when the place has certain best institutions to study in with best courses in order to achieve best results. Queensland and Brisbane also provide certain other well acceptable courses with a great scope of success.
- Urban Development - Queensland University Of Technology gives this opportunity to gain experience in this highly practical area from the emerging sectors of industry.
- Business- An area focussing on development of business skills in order to enhance the acceptability of talent in the market.
- Information Technology - A hands-on experience in the field of information technology is guaranteed with a successful career perspective.
- Design- Development of innovative abilities to design and bring the best of creativity by practical experience.
- Digital Communication - Exploring the world of digitalisation by grabbing the necessary skills.
- Social Work - A learning of the essential social,ethical and legal practices across the globe in order to make society a better place.
- Business Process Management - A detailed learning of enterprise solutions , systems and architecture.
- Health,Safety and Environment - Advanced knowledge and specialised skills to undergo environment advisory roles .
Living Expenses and Part-Time Jobs in Queensland
Living abroad leads to lot of difficulties, especially as a student you need to take care of various aspects. One such aspect to be looked upon is the amount of living expenses incurred to sustain in Queensland for a better reasonable living. Queensland for students is relatively flexible when it comes to prices and facilities.
A question that needs to be answered is that Why Queensland should be chosen to stay? The answer lies in its benefits which make it a preferable place over others:
- Only state in Australia with 6 international airports
- Stable economy
- Modern Infrastructural facilities
- A vibrant cosmopolitan environment
The cost varies from place to place but given below is the general range of prices in Queensland.
- Hostel - Rs. 17300-29000 p/m ,
- On campus- Rs. 17300- 54000 p/m,
- Rental - Rs.31700- 84500 p/m.
- Groceries and eating out - Rs. (154oo- 53800 )p/m
- Gas & Electricity - Rs.(6700- 27000) p/m
- Phone & internet - Rs.(3900- 10600) p/m
- Public Transport- Rs.(2880-10600)p/m
Part Time Jobs are available in order to maintain a financial balance between studies and other expenses. The domains in which part-time jobs are provided are as follows:
- Sales Representative
- Retail Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
- Administration Assistant
- Service Desk Analyst
When we club these all expenses an average rate of living in Queensland can land up to Rs. 38 lakh for a year. Brisbane although is most expensive city in Australia due to the tourist attractions present in it. The graph of expenses is very much dependant on the place .