University Of Salford Facts
The University of Salford is a prominent Public University, situated in Salford, Manchester, UK.
- It was originally named the Royal Technical Institute.
- The Times Newspaper ranked it 84th out of 114 UK institutions in 2010.
- It was ranked 64th out of 114 institutions by The Complete University Guide in 2008.
- It is a leading university in areas including health, energy, media and the built environment.
- It is placed among the 551 - 600 range of the best 600 universities in the QS World University Rankings in the 2012-13 figures.
About University Of Salford
The University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK, is a Public Research University founded in 1896. It was originally called Royal Technical Institute, Salford and gained the University Status in 1967. It currently accommodates approximately 20,000 students in its 160 acres campus, located at the bank of River Irwell.