Life at Boston University
The student life at Boston University is interesting for both domestic and international students. The college has an amazing teaching staff, and it also offers good clubs, which the students can join to take some time off their studies. Few of the clubs are:
- The Boston University Asian Student Union
- The Boston University Dear Abbeys
- WTBU( Student-run, volunteer radio station)
- The Boston University Fishing club
- Boston University Bhangra
- Boston University Curling Club ( sports for BU community)
- Boston University stage troupe
- The Boston University Debate Society
- The Boston University International Affairs Association
- The Hug Don’t Hate ( peacebuilding campaign)
- The Boston University India Club
International students are invited to the college very warmly. The environment in the college itself is amicable, and the students get to know each other better in the orientation that is held at the start of the session.
Accommodation at Boston University
Accommodation in Boston is not very costly, but it is not light on your wallet either. You can get a room inside the college campus as well as outside. Getting the on-campus room is advised, as that way you will be more connected to the place. The hostels also have their programs, which is like an extracurricular activity for the students. For applying for residential facilities, follow the following steps:
- Fill in the residence application
- If asked for suggestions for a roommate, fill in truthfully
- Pay the fee
The rent in places around the college is around $1,854/month.
Boston University On-campus accommodation
- It is available and guaranteed for first-year students.
- They have a broad range of rooms right from modern apartments to traditional dormitories
Boston University Off-campus accommodation
- The average rent required is 1050 to 1150 USD/month.
- The residence types are studio apartments, 3BHK, and 4BHK with electricity, cable, etc.
There are hundreds of student clubs and groups, which let the students go out of their way for specific task and deals. This way, the students learn something new, and also enjoy themselves. Some of the other attractions of the college are:
- About 94% of the students graduating from Boston, always get employed.
- The college has various clubs.
- The college has a warm environment, and hence the students adapt very easily
- The college has a lot of visiting places nearby which help the students to take some time off.
- There are several clubs, so many that every student can find his interest.
The students also have a lot of places for them to relax. Areas such as Boston Common and Public Garden swans Boats, Museum of Fine Arts Boston, are all great places for the students to rest.
Career at Boston University
Jobs after studying in Boston University
Some of the prevalent jobs the graduates pursue are in highly successful companies, and they gain a lot of practical experience. The recruiting companies for placement are Google, chevron, JP Morgan, Boeing.
- Software Developer
- Physician Assistant
- Marketing manager
- IT Manager
Placements at Boston University
Many top recruiting companies come to this university like Google, Boeing, JP Morgan, Chevron, which gives the graduates a chance to work in software development, finance, IT, etc. The placement rate goes up to 96% for the graduates.
Boston University Notable Alumni
- Martin Luther King – Doctor
- Robert Lowell – literature (poet)
- William Howard Taft – politician and president (27th of the US).
- Julianne Moore – actress
- Howard Stern - producer
Colleges related to Boston University
- School of Theology
School of Medicine
School of Law
College of Arts and Sciences
Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences (Sargent College)
Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development
Questrom School of Business
School of Education
School of Social Work
College of Communication
College of Engineering
College of General Studies
College of Fine Arts
Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
School of Public Health
School of Hospitality Administration
Arvind and Chandan Nandlal Kilachand Honors College
Frederick S. Pardee School of Global Studies