At Dalhousie, there are more than 200 student organizations, clubs and societies covering a wide range of interests such as academics, recreation, social, cultural and religious issues. The university also has its own student newspaper called The Dalhousie Gazette. The campus has 5 restaurants, gymnasiums, large swimming pools and open grounds.
- The campus has five athletics facilities.
- They have a sports team for individuals to participate in different sports. The sports teams are called the Tigers
- It also hosts a Society Fair every year in which all societies display their efforts and recruit new members
- Dal After Dark is organized on every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights
At Dalhousie, there are a large number of societies and clubs in which students from any part of the world can join. Dal’s intramural program provides something for every student. Students can go to Dalplex, which is the largest fitness and recreational facility. Dalhousie has a strong alumni network all across the globe. There is something for everyone, a club for every interest and if anyone is not able to find a club they can start their own club.
Campus accommodation is available for students in Halifax and at the Agricultural campus. There is guaranteed accommodation for all first-year undergraduate students. Students can choose between traditional dormitory-style residences or non-traditional apartments. They also have the choice for a single room or double bedroom.
- First, pay the $200 admission deposit
- Get a NetID
- Visit Dal Online
- Regularly check your Dal email and accept the room offer.
Cost of Living in the Vicinity
The average rent for living in the vicinity, i.e, outside the campus is around 200 to 300 CAD per month.
As already mentioned, Halifax, Nova Scotia is one of the world's friendliest cities. There is a lot to discover from the port city of Halifax to the beautiful town of Truro.
- Along with being the capital of Nova Scotia, Halifax is the commercial hub of Canada's Maritime provinces.
- Point Pleasant Park is a beautiful park to take a walk around.
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, built in 1856, is a great example of the British fort.