A reputed institute in New Zealand, the main campus of EIT is located in Napier, Hawke’s Bay with two other locations in Auckland and Gisborne.
- Along with campuses, it offers learning centers in some cities as well. It is a government-owned university since its establishment.
- It is one of the main institutes to provide higher education on East coast of New Zealand’s North Island since its establishment on 4 October 1975 and has been listed as a Category One Educational Institute in New Zealand.
- Around 400 International students were studying in EIT in 2014 and were from around 40 different countries.
- EIT provides courses in Computing and IT, Sciences, Business to courses like art, design, music, and film-making and in several other fields in postgraduate and undergraduate degrees to diploma and certificate courses.
- The institute has courses designed to help the industry in the region of the University as well as catering to worldwide needs. Nursing, Food Science, Viticulture, and Wine-making studies are distinctly tailored as the region is famous for it.