Life At Fairleigh Dickinson University
Life and community at the University are quite peaceful as the campus turns out to be a treat for students. Several studying options bundled with extra activities turn out to be fruitful. Sports clubs and teams are the main centers of attraction. Several societies, according to their interests, are available to follow. Various employability services and entrepreneurship activities are provided.
Accommodation at Fairleigh Dickinson University
The University offers both on-campus and off-campus housing facilities to its students. Temporary accommodation is also available in the city for emergency purposes. Students can seek sharing compartments in the on-campus residential building in Hamilton, which is cheap, affordable and satisfy the student needs.
Fairleigh Dickinson University On-Campus Accommodation
There are many accommodation options available both near and far from the campus. The residences near the university are a little costly.
- Identify the hostel of your choice.
- Apply through the hostel form by submitting to the residential officials.
- Submit all the necessary documents along with the form.
- Don’t forget to fill the choices in the form.
- Once your background check is done, the allocation of the room will be done.
Fairleigh Dickinson University Off-Campus Accommodation
- The cost of living in areas around campus can be expensive as the demand for rooms and services is quite high.
- One should try to find accommodation far from campus to lower the rates of essential services.
- The private accommodation options are also available, costing approximately Rs 20000.
- Students can easily find single or shared apartments in many parts of the city at an affordable price.
- The rentals are generally located at a walking distance from the campuses, and the student may opt for the choice according to his/her choice and level of comfort.
The city is full of amusement and joy. The city has the site of state liberty park where they have a historic immigration museum.
- Jersey Shore is a must-visit place on weekends to have a calm mind.
- It has an amusement park where one can go and have some fun with friends.
- The city offers many exotic places where one can spend a day in peace.
- There are different historical museums where one can visit to gain knowledge about the place.
Career at Fairleigh Dickinson University
Fairleigh Dickinson University is one of the largest universities in the USA. So, students graduating from this university have good chances of getting placed in international companies and firms. The entire university has a freshman to the sophomore retention rate of 81.5%, and a six-year graduation rate of 53.1%. The average SAT score for the university is 1516 (on the 2400 point scale), and 33.0% of the student body was in the top 20% of their high school class. Both New Jersey campuses offer a wide variety of courses and programs. Fairleigh Dickinson University is one of its kinds as it was the first American institute which owns and operate an international campus. Fairleigh Dickinson University currently offers more than 100 types of degrees for the students.
Jobs After Studying At Fairleigh Dickinson University
The university courses are job-oriented, and the students are given hands-on practical training and experience since from the beginning. The university graduates find a suitable job soon after graduation. There are several jobs and future opportunities for students with degrees in Engineering, Medicine, and Mangement. The jobs also pay a high starting salary to the students who are graduated from this university.
Placements At Fairleigh Dickinson University
The university has maintained more than an 85% placement rate all over the years, by successfully placing its graduates and post-graduate students in international pharmaceutical companies and much other government or private pharmaceutical firms. The student is also given support for job placement and job assistance. The university has many of its students working in top government agencies around the world.
Fairleigh Dickinson University Notable Alumni
Alumni Affairs and Development Association has over 4000 people throughout the world and are recognized in their fields as experts. The university has a strong alumni network all over the globe. The university admits more than 1000 international students per year. The students come from over 60 different countries. The most renowned Alumni of the Fairleigh Dickinson University are:
- Stephanie Adams, model, and writer
- Michael Aloisi, writer, and publisher
- Alejandro Bedoya, professional soccer player for Nantes in France
- Brenda Blackmon, television news anchor for WPIX
- Ron Blomberg, a baseball player who played for the New York Yankees
- Mansun Bound, marine archaeologist
- Ron Brill, co-founder of Home Depot
Colleges related to Farleigh Dickson University
The Institutions connected with many other private institutions and research colleges. Some of the colleges and institutions that are related to the Fairleigh Dickinson University are:
- Florham Campus Madison, N.J.
- Metropolitan CampusTeaneck, N.J.
- Vancouver Campus Canada
- Wroxton College England