- There are more than 30 fraternities and sororities.
- Students can be a part of The Beacon, a student-run newspaper.
- The School of Music holds a series of musical events.
- Students can also be a part of clubs, societies and organisations that are more than 300 in number.
- Food festivals are held throughout the year.
More than 3,800 international students studying here represent over 50 states and 142 countries.
Residence halls are on the campus itself.
- The suites are fully furnished with all utilities.
- There are individual spaces for socializing, playing games and studying.
- The apartments are gender inclusive.
- The Frost Art Museum.
- Motorola Nanofabrication Research Centre.
- The Wolfsonian-FIU Museum.
- The School of Architecture.
- The Green Library is the largest library on the campus.