Life at Ryerson University
Ryerson University's campus life for students is very broad and diverse which is a lifetime experience for them.The student media has the hold on the campus radio station CJRU. University's students also release some newspapers called the Eyeopener, the Ryersonian, Ryerson Review of Journalism.
- Ryerson MBA ranked along with the top business programs in Canada based on value for money.
- There are various events, seminars held for the student interests in which you can be a part of.
- The student clubs are well–known, and so many students express their skills through these clubs.
- Ryerson's alumni community is more than 155,000 graduates living around the world.
There are various programs on campus for international students where they can learn different things like sports, cultural events, etc. apart from the courses. The percentages of international students are 3.3 % to 9.8% for undergraduates and postgraduates. The campus has many places where people can enjoy the native stuff like food and all. International students have group activities with country counterparts like sports events.
There are several options available for this university like a homestay, on-campus residence and off-campus residence. There are on-campus residence halls and buildings available which can accommodate many students. There are also some off-campus options available for students.
Ryerson University on-Campus Accommodation
The on-campus details are on their official website. The university is home to 850 students in the residence buildings. There are four residential buildings inside the university, namely DCC, HOEM, ILC, PIT. The homestay gives the student a comfortable surrounding with the local Canadians.
Ryerson University Off-Campus Accommodation
- Identify the hostel of your choice.
- Apply through the hostel form by submitting to the residential officials.
- Submit all the necessary documents along with the form.
- Don’t forget to fill the choices in the form.
- Once your background check is done, the allocation of the room will be done.
Cost of Living in the Vicinity
The cost of living near the campus is very high to high demands of rooms; this problem persists all over the major Australian cities. Other expenses like daily expenses are also high in the areas nearby to the campus due to a high number of students around the campus. However, little away from campus reduces the cost of living considerably.
Toronto is one of the nation's leading tourism destinations. Since 2017, the city-area received more than 40 million people for tourism, out of which there are 10.4 million are domestic tourists and 2 million were from the USA, where they spend a total of $8.84 billion.
- Toronto is a leading tourist attraction of Canada with a productive cultural life.
- The historical museum of Canada is worth seeing.
- The weekends can be spent on well maintained public parks.
Career at Ryerson University
Jobs, i.e. making the students enough abled that they can get employed is at the topmost priority to Ryerson University. The university aims to act as a connecting link between the employer and the students by engaging them in learning activities, profession experience by field visits or field works, etc. It evolves candidates to experts and also to find solutions to world-class problems and challenges.
Jobs after Studying at Ryerson University
The university provides numbers of programs that are supportive of students either pursuing an internship or having placement abroad, but it’s up to students to take initiative in exploring their surroundings to check the facilities' availability and to determine whether they are eligible. International students like other universities are also provided facilities to work inside the university departments in case they have substantial education loans. The part-time job can be of a waiter or an assistant.
Placements at Ryerson University
Placements at Ryerson University provide students with opportunities for full-time work experience generally outside the university's campus. According to a survey, it was observed that 95.3% of Ryerson graduate students got employment two years after graduation. The university has maintained more than a 80% placement rate all over the years
Ryerson University Notable Alumni
- Nina Dobrev - Actress
- Brad Abraham – Screenwriter, RoboCop
- Omar Alghabra – Politician
- Kristin Booth - Actress
- Rick Brace – President of CTV
- Gary Carr – Politician, Ontario PC Party MPP
- Milan Chvostek – TV Director and Producer
- Matthew Fraser – Editor in Chief of National Post
- Tanya Huff – Fantasy Writer
- Kate Kelton - Actress
- Hawick Lau - Actor
Colleges related to Ryerson University
The colleges under the Ryerson University are:
- Ted Rogers School of Management
- The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education
- Yeates School of Graduate Studies