University Of Calgary
Facts about University Of Calgary
- There are a total of five hundred teams competing among each other every year.
- The university has a total of 6 research campuses around the world.
- It has been the home to trade fair campus for many decades now, also been the initiator of the fair.
- There are a number of scholarships and bursaries offered by the University of Calgary to its students, in order to promote affordable education.
- The University of Calgary has also been awarded the position of being the World at Work Alliance.
University Of Calgary Highlights
|Total International Students||3911|
|Size of Campus||494 acres|
|Valuation||C$ 1.3 billion|
|Address||2500 University Drive NW
Calgary Alberta T2N 1N4
How To Apply at the University Of Calgary?
Each year, a number of applicants try to secure an admission in their desired course at the University of Calgary. The whole process of the application procedure can be found on their official website. First, the student needs to register with their email id and pay the application fee. After providing all the necessary documents, the university will let you know the status of your application within one month. Please note that the following list of documents are necessary for your candidature -
- Senior Secondary Transcripts
- GRE/GMAT Score in case you are going for a Masters.
- English Proficiency Test Score
- Letter of Recommendation
- Completely Filled Application Form
- Work Experience
- Academic Details on an undergraduate course
- Visa and Passport
- Proof of Finances
Admission Requirements For University Of Calgary
List of Documents Required for UG
|High School Transcripts|
|Proof of English Proficiency|
Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
List of Documents Required for PG
|10th Grade Transcripts and Certificate|
12th Grade Transcripts and Certificate
|Bachelors Transcripts and Degree|
Work Experience Documents
Masters In University Of Calgary
There a total of 15 Masters programs at the University of Calgary. The various Masters programs at the university range from Master of Science in Computer Science to MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. Generally, the IELTS requirement for the multiple courses is 6.5 out of 9 bands, and for TOEFL is 86. The various courses and fees are as followed -
- Master of Science in Computer Science - INR 6.9 Lakh
- Master of Science in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering - INR 6.9 Lakh
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering - INR 10.6 Lakh
- Daytime MBA - INR 18.8 Lakh
- MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering - INR 8.8 Lakh
Bachelors In University Of Calgary
The University of Calgary attracts applications from a large number of domestic and international students for the different courses offered by the university in the various disciplines. The undergraduate programs range from Bachelor of Science in Computer Science to Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. The minimum entrance requirement to get admission is generally 6.5 out of 9 bands in IELTS, and 86 in TOEFL. Let us look at the following bullet points to get an idea of the courses and fees offered by the university -
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - INR 10 Lakh
- Bachelor of Nursing - INR 3.4 Lakh
- Bachelor of Commerce - INR 13.8 Lakh
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering - INR 9.9 Lakh
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance - INR 13.8 Lakh
MBA in University Of Calgary
The Masters in Business Administration is one of the most in-demand and applied courses among international graduate students. A lot of students from both Canada and around the world secure an admission in the MBA program of the University. There are two options available for an MBA - Daytime MBA, and Executive MBA. While the daytime MBA is for 20 months, the Executive MBA is 20-22 months long. Let us look at the details of the various courses under MBA along with their fee structure -
- Daytime MBA - First-year tuition fees INR 18.8 Lakh
- GMAT and GRE are accepted.
- For GMAT, the minimum score required is 550.
- Executive MBA - First-year tuition fees INR 23.3 Lakh
- GMAT and GRE are accepted.
- IELTS required is a minimum of 7, and the TOEFL score required is a minimum of 97.
Life At University Of Calgary
- Life at the university is enlightening and fun.
- Students get an opportunity to find internships and job placements during their course.
- The faculties to support the efforts of the students in this.
- Various college fests and sports meets are organized, which makes sure the whole personality of the student is developed.
- Student life forms an integral part of student education, and hence they should try t reap the benefits out of it for personal and professional development.
Accommodation at University Of Calgary
The University of Calgary has the facility of on-campus accommodation for the international students for the first year of the course. In the case of local guardians arriving during the shifting process, they are also provided with a temporary stay till they wish to on campus.
University Of Calgary On-Campus Accommodation
- Students are provided with residence halls and homestays having all the necessary amenities.
- The halls are full-furnished and air-conditioned, with high-speed internet connectivity, and cable services.
- Students need to submit a security deposit fee to avail of the benefits of on-campus accommodation, which is refundable.
- Crowsnest Hall is a residential place that is preferred by the new students.
- Along with this, the Family Housing Community is also an excellent option to stay in.
University Of Calgary Off-Campus Accommodation
- The institution complies with the private listings of residence halls that are present in and around the campus.
- The rents to these places are nominal and can be afforded by students on scholarship.
- However, if you want to offset the cost, then getting a private part-time job would be a good option.
- Student Unions are of help in these cases.
- There are options like 1 BHK, 2 BHK, Radio rooms, and shared apartments.
- For more details, visit local websites and listings like https://www.places4students.com/
- Alberta has been ranked as the fourth fastest and largest growing city around Canada, having a lot of opportunities.
- The University of Calgary is also home to Taylor Family Digital Library, which is one of the most advanced libraries in North America technologically.
- There are a total of nineteen thousand acres of working cattle ranch, which a significant tourist attraction.
- Scholars and Learners can find their spot in the Taylor Institute of Teaching and Learning.
- The University itself is the talking point of many tourists who are awed by the infrastructural beauty of the Calgary campus.
Career at the University Of Calgary
A student starts his academic career on the thought that he/she would find a suitable professional succession to the subject matter. Like all universities ranked among the top 200, the University of Calgary also has excellent placement facilities. It offers many options in the corporate and public world, with the large alumni network pushing coming on campus to recruit individuals. Employment parameter is one of the factors which places it at one of the top spots among the universities of Canada.
Jobs After Studying At University Of Calgary
The University Of Calgary has a wonderful placement record, with companies like Facebook, Deloitte, KPMG, JP Morgan among the companies visiting on-campus to recruit individuals. The total graduate employment rate of the University of Calgary is 91.1 percent. Among these, about 76.7 percent of students make it big in the company of their field of discipline. Students are thus given the facility of jobs and helped in succeeding in their career.
Placements At University Of Calgary
The university has a total placement record of 80 percent for the undergraduate programs. This means that among the 100 students of discipline, almost 80 students get placed in a company. The various career opportunities include profiles like an HR manager, Technical Writer, Faculty, Portfolio Manager, Research Assistant, Marketing Manager, etc. The package rate is in the range of $40000-60000 per year. The placement records are high in engineering and business domains.
University Of Calgary Notable Alumni
It is a college of arts and design in Canada.
It is catholic university in Canada
This college is situated in Canada.
Bow Valley College is a public, board-governed college functioning as a comprehensive community institution. In 1965, it was founded as the Alberta Vocational Centre. The college transitioned from a government-administered model to an autonomous, board-governed public college and was renamed as Bow Valley in 1965.
It offers higher education to adultain Alberta
This college is situated in Canada.
The college has courses realted to health in Canada
This college is situated in Canada and provides arts and courses related to technology.