The University of California, Riverside (UCR or UC Riverside), is a public research university in Riverside, California. It is one of the 10 general campuses of the University of California system.
- The main campus is situated in a suburban district of Riverside, California on 1900 acres (769 ha) of land, with a branch campus of 20 acres (8 ha) in Palm Desert.
- The University of California, Riverside is ranked as one of the most ethnically and economically diverse universities in the United States. The 2019 US and World Report Best Colleges rankings place UCR at 35th for top public Universities.
- The 2019 US and World Report Best Colleges rankings also place the University of California, Riverside at 85th in the nationwide rankings. The U.S. News rankings rank UCR at fifth for most ethnically diverse.
- UCR's extensive outreach and retention programs have contributed to its reputation as a "university of choice" for minority students. UCR was the first public university campus in the nation to offer a gender-neutral housing option.
- UCR sports teams are known as the Highlanders. The Highlanders play in the Big West Conference of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I. The UCR women's basketball team won the Big West championships in both 2006 and 2007.