University Of Queensland
Queensland University is some of the most growing research institutions in Australia. Queensland university is ranked 24th in the Times Higher Education 200, under 50 rankings in the past year. Therefore, it became the second-highest ranked university of Australia. Also, it came in the list of top 1% universities around the world.
- This university has a Business School and it was the first business school in Australia to achieve triple international accreditation. The accreditations came from very reputed agencies AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. It is also one of the most famous business institutes in the continent.
- It is one of the universities which come in the top 1% list of institutions worldwide. Queensland University is ranked 1st in Australia. It was ranked 24th in the world for Communication and Media Studies by the QS World University Ranking by Subject last year.
- More than 89% of the international students are satisfied with the experience at the university as reported by the International Student Barometer Queensland, 2016. There are more than 5000 international students.
- Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings in 2017 ranked it second in Australia. Being a highly ranked institution, it has maintained these ranks since its rise. The research focused curriculum has made it very well received university among world.
- It also has the highest number of students among reputed universities around Australia. The number only because of the best facilities they provide. QUT also receives highest funds from Australian government.
Students are required to have completed Australian Year 12 or an equivalent of Australian basis. For students from India, three best subjects excluding language and non-academic subject is counted. Individuals must give the exams like IELTS, PTE and TOEFL for English language proficiency.
- Identify location of campus, university and the stream of your interest
- Request university for Application form
- Take various required entrance tests
- Arrange and prepare the essays and recommendation letters with SOPs
- Report your test scores to the university.
The student life on campus is very awesome as there are bounding rules; however things like smoking and liquor are strictly prohibited. The students have food cafes and various activities centre which opens up 24/7 making students life easy.
- QUT have athlete programs to help students with the sports.
- Like other universities, it also has all kinds of facilities for physically-disable students.
- Individuals can enjoy in cafeterias even in night times.
- Students can also participate in state activities even if they are foreigners.
There are various programs on campus for international students where they can learn different things apart from the course like sports, cultural events etc. The campus has many things where people can enjoy the native things like food and all. International students have group activities with country counterparts like sports events where everybody enjoys. International students like other universities are also provided facilities to work inside the university departments in case they have heavy education loans. The part time job can be of a waiter or an assistant.
The overall residential facilities are fabulous in the university hostels with all advance facilities for the students. Like Adelaide University, University of Queensland held a reputation among other universities of the country as it did not set any big differences campus for individual accommodation, because of some ideological differences.
- Identify the hostel of your choice.
- Apply through the hostel form by submitting to the residential officials.
- Submit all the necessary documents along with form.
- Don’t forget to fill the choices in the form.
- Once your background check is done, allocation of room will be done.
Cost of Living in Vicinity
The cost of living near campus is very high to high demands of rooms; this problem persists all over the Australian major cities. Other expenses are also high in the areas nearby to the campus due to high number of students around the campus. However, little away from campus reduces the cost of living considerably.
Brisbane is an urban coastal city of the country making it the attractive destinations for the international students to come and study in great environment. The city is very elegant, full of amusements with various museums, famous cricket stadiums etc.
- The night life of Brisbane city centers is fabulous and a must.
- There is Koala sanctuary where students from India will surely like to visit.
- The Story Bridge is iconic bridge is worth watching as it is memorizing to the eyes.
- The South Bank is full of public lawns, a best place to visit to have a peaceful time.
Established in 1897, Gatton Halls of Residence is among the oldest unit of University of Queensland, Australia.
The Women's College was the first college of University of Queensland to give admission to women.
Duchesne College was established in 1937.
Cromwell College was established in 1953.
King’s College is known for producing students for Rhodes scholarship and more than 40 University Medalists. It is located in St.Lucia Campus of the University and operates as an academic residential community across Australia and many other nations. King’s college is also in sports, it has well equipped swimming pool and gymnasium. There is junior common room which has billiard and table tennis table.
Grace College was established in 1948.
Another moderate sized ‘friendly college’ of Cambridge University, doesn’t fail to make its students feel homely. The staff is very understanding and empathic to its students. It’s alumni include the vibrant novelist Sebastian Faulks, co-founder of Harvard John Harvard, astronomer Jeremiah Horrocks, filmmaker Karel Reisz, and many other prodigies. Emma provides quality education in all Arts and Sciences.
St Leo's College was established in 1889, United States