New Zealand Student Visa Process
The candidate needs a student visa if you are going to New Zealand for studies for more than 3 months. The student visa is for a limited period of time and it will allow you to study full-time in New Zealand.
The requirements for New Zealand student visa process are as follows –
- You should have an offer letter from the educational organization which is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
- You should have proof of sufficient funds to live while studying.
- You should have a return air ticket to your country.
- The name of the program you are allowed to study.
If you are going to spend more than 2 years in New Zealand and you are above 17 then you will need to provide the certificate of police which is showing your good character. For studying 3 months or less, you don’t need any student visa you can study with a visitor visa. Also if the candidate is spending 6 months or more in New Zealand then the candidate needs to be screened for tuberculosis.
New Zealand Student Visa Process Time:
The New Zealand student visa process time is approx. 20 days. Immigration New Zealand takes around 4 weeks to process student visa applications if you apply online. If you apply or submit a hard copy for the student visa, then the process timing can be 5-6 weeks.
During busy periods, the process of New Zealand student visa can go up to 3 months. As soon as you will apply then as fast you will get your student visa approved.
- The New Zealand student visa process time is approx. 3-4 weeks.
- The process of applying for a student visa is based on the submission of fees for a student visa.
- The New Zealand student visa process time can take more than 3 months if there is some difficulty in searching out the details of the students.
- The student visa will be approved only if you are going for studies and you have the offer letter from the particular educational institution as well as program details.
New Zealand student visa processing time after the interview:
The New Zealand student visa processing time after the interview is not fixed. There is no timing of approval after the interview. After applying for the New Zealand student visa you will receive a call from the New Zealand Embassy for the interview.
They will question you about the study location in your country, the reason for choosing New Zealand for studies, the name of a particular educational institution and course etc.
- New Zealand student visa processing time after the interview is not fixed.
- You will get the interview call after applying for the student visa in 3-4 weeks.
- The New Zealand embassy will call you and ask you some basic questions.
- You need to give a proper answer to those questions for further processing of your visa.
New Zealand student visa processing time after approval:
After the interview, New Zealand student visa processing time after approval takes not much time. It will take about 1-3 weeks. But mostly it depends on the verification and details of your documents which you have filled while applying for the visa. The question which was asked during the interview should satisfy the New Zealand embassy for the approval of your visa.
- The New Zealand student visa processing time after approval is 1-3 weeks on average.
- This will take more time if there is some problem or issue that comes up while verifying your documents.
- Your interview should satisfy the New Zealand Embassy for approval.
New Zealand Student Visa Process Step by Step:
The New Zealand visa process undergoes a few steps. The New Zealand visa process step by step is as follows –
- Step 1 (Apply for admission in college/university)– This step is the foremost step for the student visa process. First, you need to apply for the college or university in which you want to study. Research about different colleges or universities in New Zealand and then choose the best out of all which is suitable for the course which you want to pursue. After deciding the college/university fill the application form in which you need to submit a few documents which include academic details, identification proof, etc.
- Step 2 (Undertake medical and PCC)– After receiving the offer letter from the educational institution in which you have applied, you need to undergo some medical processes. Your medical examination will be approved by one of the doctors in Immigration New Zealand. You will be able to find the list of panel doctors on the website www.immigration.govt.nc/paneldoctors/. Also, you need to get your Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from the Regional Passport Office.
- Step 3 (Visa Lodgement)– For Visa Lodgement you will need to apply on the official immigration website of New Zealand (www.immigration.govt.nz/). You will need to provide all the documents present in the checklist on the website.
- Step 4 (Payment for a visa)– After filling up all the details you need to pay the amount for your visa application. You should always have your payment proof of student visa.
- Step 5 (Visa outcome)– When you submit your student visa application form by filling up all the details then you will be notified on your email about the approval of visa.
New Zealand Student Visa Apply Online:
There are two methods for applying for a New Zealand student visa. The one is online and the other is a paper application. The New Zealand student visa application online process is as follows –
- Create an account online for visa application in New Zealand on the official immigration website (www.immigration.govt.nz/).
- Fill up all the details carefully written in the visa application form.
- Gather all the required with you for submitting the visa application form.
- Carry your appropriate photograph for a visa application form.
- Complete all the steps of the online application form.
- Submit your passport and handling fees to the Visa Application Centre or Immigration New Zealand office.
The New Zealand student visa paper application –
- Download the visa application form from the official website (www.immigration.govt.nz/).
- Fill all the details in the visa application form.
- Collect all the required documents.
- Provide the photograph for the visa application form.
- Keep your visa application fees ready.
- Submit your visa application form along with the fees to the nearest Immigration New Zealand office or Visa Application Centre.
Q: How long does it take for a New Zealand student visa?
A: The average time taken for a New Zealand student visa is approx. 25 days. Almost 95% of the visas are issued during this time.
Q: Is there any interview for New Zealand student visa?
A: Yes, after applying for the New Zealand student visa the New Zealand embassy will call you for the interview and ask some of the basic questions.
Q: What fees do I need to pay for a New Zealand student visa application?
A: The fees for New Zealand student visa application is $250. You need to pay these fees at the time of submission of the visa application form.
Q: What are the documents required for student visa application?
A: The documents required for student visa application are – academic details, identification proof, photograph, passport etc.
Q: What are the methods for applying for a New Zealand student visa?
A: There are two methods for applying for a New Zealand student visa and those are online and paper applications.