USA Visa Requirements
A Visa is required by every nationality in the world as to know the identity of the citizen entering the nationality. Visa can be granted to a person for Business, Tourism, Education etc. Many countries do not require visas but this permission is set by that nationalities government as in which countries citizens can enter their nation without a visa. Example: Indian Citizens won’t require a visa for Indonesia.
Thus, there are many countries such as the USA where getting a visa is a tough job. There are many requirements of the government, after which Non-Americans are allowed to visit the country. From Online Application to Valid Passport, many things are needed for the requirement of the USA Visa.
- You must be having a valid passport with a validity of at least six months after your stay in the country
- You must have got acceptance at an institution approved by SEVP and your Form I-20
- Your application fee for the SEVIS should be paid
- You must be having the Non-immigrant visa application completely filled along with the DS-160 form confirmation page.
- You should have your photographs along with other important documents such as transcripts, mark sheets and more.
USA Visa Requirement for Indians
- At least 6 months valid passport
- 2 Passport size photos
- DS-160 application page which is confirmed
- Payment receipt of Visa
- Purpose of visit proof
- Proof of Employment
- Proof of Study
- Financial Means Proof
- Proof of Tourism
- Coloured photo with a plain white background needed
USA Visa Required Documents
There is a list of things which are required by the US embassy which are recorded and taken into consideration and are very important. Whether people are applying for a short term or long term, accordingly people should arrange the number of requirements/documents which are taken into consideration by the US government. They are as follows:
- A valid passport with a validity date at least six months post your period of stay
- A printed copy of DS-160, I 20 the online application form
- Interview appointment letter (original and copy)
- Form I-20 sent by the approved college.
- Original mark sheets/provisional certificates
- Score sheet of exams like TOEFL, GMAT, IELTS, etc
- Visa fees payment confirmation receipt
- Bank statement of at least 3 years showing that you have enough money to pay for the first year
USA Visa Photo Requirement
While taking a photograph for any application or form, usually people wear uniforms and follow some basic rules of being serious and steady. But for USA Visa Requirement, the photograph which is needed should be up to the mark. The USA government has set up many rules and regulations for the Non-Immigrants and the USA embassy does follow the rules very strictly. If the background of the image is told to be white, a shadow or reflection on the white background is also not allowed, and thus the picture will be immediately rejected. Thus, people should follow the following rules while taking the photograph:
- Size should be 2*2 inches.
- Coloured photograph, no black and white.
- Should be taken within the last 6 months.
- No shadows in the background.
- The background should be white.
- Facing the camera straight.
- Neutral expression needed.
- Both eyes should be open.
- Should be in a casual garment.
- Should not be wearing any electronic devices.
- Should not wear eyeglasses (Except for medical problems/reasons).
Work Visa USA Requirements
People have their own reasons to visit any other country. In recent years it has been seen that most people take US Visa for Business or Work purposes. Mainly this change has been seen in the I.T. sector where many of the top recruiting I.T. companies have their headquarters in USA. Thus, they recruit people from all around the world and thus many people apply for a US Visa for work purposes. After getting the offer letter and job, the struggle comes in forgetting the US Visa. From conducting interviews to getting the exact requirements settled up by the US government, following are the list of the requirements needed for a Work Visa for the USA.
- Valid passport.
- Visa photo.
- Confirmation Page from D-16 form.
- Receipt for payment of $160 for an application form.
- Proof of return time.
Student Visa USA Requirements
For many years, the USA has been the choice for education for most of the students around the globe. With high qualified teaching qualities and successful placement services, there are ample colleges and Universities. Some of the top universities according to the QS Ranking Association that are MIT, Harvard, New York University etc. are situated in the USA and have been the most qualified and preferred Universities by the students around the globe. Thus, every year thousands of students apply for the student visa who get admission into the prestigious universities and colleges of the USA. The basic requirements which needed to be fulfilled by the Students during the Visa requirement process are as follows:
- 6 months valid passport.
- Online application form hardcopy print should be available.
- The interview appointment letter should be taken. (Original and photocopy both).
- Admission letter sent by the college.
- Receipt for paying the Visa application form.
- 3 years bank statement of parents.
- Original educational transcripts.
- Score sheets of English exams such as TOEFL, IELTS etc.
Q1. Who needs a visa to enter the United States of America?
A1. All the people who do not have citizenship of the USA and want to enter the country should have a Visa and a Passport.
Q2. How long does it take to get a US visa?
A2. It mainly depends upon the processing time. But, at most 3 to 5 weeks are needed to get the Visa for the USA.
Q3. Can I get a 10 year Visa for the USA?
A3. Yes, people can apply and get a 10 year Visa for the USA. The basic period is 6 months thus after that people can extend their stay period.
Q4. How can I get a US Visa without an interview?
A4. Yes, there are many categories where people can apply for a visa without giving the interview. There is a whole different process and for people who are above 80 years and children below 14 years are allowed not to appear for the interview.
Q5. What documents should I carry for the USA Visa interview?
A5. The following are the documents which should be carried by the people for the Visa interview session:
- At least 6 months valid passport.
- 2 photographs.
- Interview appointment letter.
- All old passports (if any).
- Visa confirmation page stamped by the Visa Application Center.
- Receipt of payment of $160 for the application form.