Top 5 Universities to study Architecture
Here are the top 5 universities in the UK for architecture:
1. University of Cambridge
When you speak about the UK, the name of Cambridge can’t be avoided, such has become this university’s reputation. The BA (Hons)is an undergraduate course in architecture at Cambridge that carries exemption from ARB/RIBA Part 1. In Cambridge, the major part of the teaching is carried out in studios. Students are assigned projects throughout the year and are required to produce models and drawings to showcase their design ideas. At Cambridge, the students are provided with studio desk space together with workshop and computer facilities. The university makes it sure that students are given necessary attention so that they can have a professional touch to their work. They examine the projects individually, twice a week, by design tutors, who are themselves, professional architects. In each year of the course, Studio work carries 60% of the overall marks. It is ensured that the students have practical skills with the theory which includes the rest 40%. Students will have to attend lecturers conducted by most able and efficient lecturers and will also have to go through a combination of written papers at the beginning of the summer term. Courses continue to change in accordance with changes in practice and also the new discoveries in research may affect the courses.
2. University of Bath
3. University College London
4. University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield is the perfect place for a student wishes to acquire a course in Architecture. At the University of Sheffield, a balance equally between lecture courses and studio-based study. Cultural, technological and conceptual ideas are enhanced and reflected in the projects of the students.Theory, design work and professional experience are proportionately balanced throughout the course. A major portion of work is done in the design studio which gives students the opportunity for experimenting their creative and innovative ideas, which in turn helps the students in developing fundamental architectural skills.
5. University of Nottingham