Best Universities to Study Law in UK
Studying law in the UK is a great option for the students who wish to pursue their career in the field of law. There are a number of universities in the UK that provide the best courses on law making it ultimate destination for legal studies. However, education is an expensive deal as we see it today, read here to know how to afford your abroad studies. The quality of education offered in UK is top notch. The degrees earned in the UK are globally recognised. Also, the focus is always on skill development of the students. There are also a number of other factors which it a favourable destination for students to study.
Why study law in the UK?
These are the reasons why the UK is considered a great option to pursue legal studies
- International recognition: A student choosing to study law in the UK makes the best decision as UK qualifications are recognized by law firms and law schools internationally.
- The Supremacy UK law system : The British common law system has been existing for more than 900 years. For those with an interest in international law, English commercial law is dominant over others and also the governing law in the majority of the international contracts.
- Internationally applicable knowledge : UK operates a consolidation of UK and EU law. As a result, universities in the UK are able to render quality courses in European law, which is also one of the many reasons international students are attracted to and also choose to study European Law in the UK.
- Future prospects : London harbors numerous commercial and international arbitrations, in fact, it has more commercial and international arbitrations than any other city in the world. The UK is an ideal place to start a successful legal career.
Best Universities for Law in UK
Here is the list of top universities to study Law in the UK:
1. University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge is recognized as one of the top universities. It is listed among the top five universities in the world it is also the second-oldest university in the English-speaking world. The university supports its student with a wide variety of resources in their studies at the Faculty.
BA Tripos Degree in Law
Master of law Matters in Corporate Law
Doctorate in Law
2. University of Oxford
The University of Oxford has a history of over 80 decades of teaching law. The university has made huge contributions to the society in the field of education and research.
BA in Jurisprudence
BA in Law with Law Studies in Europe
BA in Jurisprudence with Senior Status
Diploma in Legal Studies
Bachelor of Civil Law(BCL)
Magister Juris (MJur)
MSc in Law and Finance
MSc in Taxation
MPhil in Law
DPhil in Criminology
DPhil in Law
DPhil in Socio-Legal Studies
Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice
MST in International Human Rights Law
3. Queen Mary University of London
The university offers numerous programs for its students. A number of specialist courses are available in this University.
Undergraduate Law Degree Programmes
LLB Law (Three years)
LLB Law Senior Status (Two years)
LLB Global Law (Four years)
LLB English and European Law (Four years)
LLB Law with History (Three years)
LLB Law and Politics (Three years)
LLB Law with Business (Three years)
London LLM programmes
LLM in Art, Business, and Law
LLM in Banking and Finance Law
LLM in Commercial and Corporate Law
LLM in Comparative and International Dispute Resolution
LLM in Competition Law
LLM in Computer and Communications Law
LLM in Criminal Justice
LLM in Energy and Natural Resources Law
LLM in Environmental Law
LLM in European Law
LLM in Human Rights Law
LLM in Immigration Law
LLM in Insurance Law
LLM in Intellectual Property Law
LLM in International Business Law
LLM in International Economic Law
LLM in International Shipping Law
LLM in Legal Theory
LLM in Media Law
LLM in Medical Law
LLM in Public International Law
LLM in Tax LawMaster of Laws.
4. University of Durham
Durham University is distinctive law school which holds both traditions and modern values. It is a residential collegiate university
Courses offered by the university
Law with foundation
International Trade and Commercial LawLLM
European Trade and Commercial LawLLM
International Law and GovernanceLLM
Master of LawsLLM
5. London School of Economics
LSE Law is regarded as one of the world’s top law schools which has an international reputation for the quality of its teaching.
LLB Bachelor of Laws
Double Degree ProgrammeGraduate study
LLM Master of Laws
MSc Law and Accounting
Ph. D. Programme in Law
The United Kingdom harbors some of the world’s best universities for law. Additionally, English law and its applicability are wide. A law student in the UK graduates with a degree that holds International recognition. Therefore, studying law in the UK is a great advantage for the students. We would love to know your views on legal education in the UK. Do share your opinion in the comments. Also, your valuable feedback and suggestions are always welcome.