Why attend Pace University?
Pace is a University whose resources have played an essential role in the realization of individual dreams of achievement, and whose mission is voiced in the motto: Opportunitas.
Since its inception in 1906, it has been constantly striving towards the bigger and better goal of universal quality education. It provides education for the professions on a firm base of liberal learning amidst the advantages of the New York metropolitan area. There are approximately 13,000 students enrolled in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in Pace University.
A 2017 study by the Equality of Opportunity Project ranks Pace University first in the nation among four-year private institutions for upward economic mobility based on students who enter college at the bottom fifth of the income distribution and end up in the top fifth.
In an overall perspective, Pace is one among the topmost universities and holds a respectable position in terms of quality education and placement.
Programs Offered at Pace
There are a plethora of degrees offered at Pace University. It is no less than a platter on which you are served various varieties and all you have to do is choose your preference. Here is a list of different courses offered for various level degrees.
Student Life at Pace
Pace’s academic values is a historic commitment to excellence in teaching,emphasis on skill development and critical thinking. It aims to provide a practical as well as a theoretical perspective to its students.
The University supports scholarly activity among its students in such a way to ensure enhancement of their outlook. Much of the work has professional application, and Pace particularly invites scholarship that directly relates to the classroom experience and involves students in the research process. With this, Pace is also building an increasing array of study abroad options, a successful mentoring program that has produced 47 Fulbright scholars since 2002, and a focus on international recruitment. It is expanding its reach to the students abroad.
Pace University offers its students an enriched campus life. Based in the heart of Manhattan, the New York campus is no less than a dream reality. Pace University’s lower Manhattan campus, in the heart of the Financial District, is an intellectual and cultural hub of one of New York’s most dynamic areas. Craving dim sum from Chinatown or feel like to intern on Wall Street? You get everything there handy. With assured employment, Pace has one of the largest internship placement programs in the New York metropolitan area. Maybe you want to check out the Tribeca Film Festival or any equal famous fest or carnival, you get it all. You’ll never have the same experience twice. Plus, with six residence halls, a fitness center, and more than 50 clubs and organizations, the campus is always buzzing with activity!Pace University has just one thing to deliver to its students when it comes to the campus-
THE CITY IS YOUR CAMPUS: LEARN, WORK, LIVE IN LOWER MANHATTAN
Pace has campuses in New York City, Westchester-Pleasantville campus and Elizabeth Haub School of Law. Besides this, Pace university runs a school called Pace University High School, established in September 2004.
Besides this, The Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts is the principal theatre of Pace University and is located at the university’s New York City campus in Lower Manhattan. The 750-seat Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts is home the television show Inside the Actors Studio hosted by James Lipton and previously the home of the National Actors Theatre. Whereas, The Woodward Hall 135-seat theater at the campus at Briarcliff Manor in Westchester is home to the Hudson Stage Company.
Adding on to this is the sports team of Pace. Pace’s sports teams are called the Setters. Pace University sponsors fourteen intercollegiate varsity sports. Men’s sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, football, lacrosse and swimming & diving; while women’s sports include basketball, cheerleading, cross country, dance, field hockey, soccer, softball, swimming & diving and volleyball.Not only are the sports sponsered but take place on a large scale. Distinguishing the sporting environment here is the various affiliations with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II, the Northeast-10 Conference (NE-10), and the Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC). This enhances the sporting experience here. The school’s official colors are blue and gold and the mascot is Setter.
Other Facilities/resources provided at Pace to ensure student ease are-
- Mentoring Program
- Career Services
- Office for Student Success Programs for Current Students
- Center for Community Action and Research
- Pace International
- Student Development and Campus Activities-New York
- Student Development and Campus Activities-Pleasantville
- Center for Academic Excellence
- Writing Center
- Wilson Center
- Office of Housing and Residential Life-New York
- Office of Residential Life and Housing-Pleasantville
- Office of Multicultural Affairs-New York
- Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs-Pleasantville
- Pace Library
- Counseling Center
- Pace Athletics
This institution has given a plethora of alumini which one can seek inspiration from, some of them are-
- Stephanie Del Valle, musician, model, Miss World 2016
- Stephanie Andujar, actress; Precious; Orange Is the New Black
- Yancy Butler, actress
- Richard Grasso, chairman and CEO (1995–2003) of the New York Stock Exchange
- Joy Mangano, inventor & entrepreneur
- Avi Mizrahi, an Israeli Defense Force, major general
- Lalit Modi, former commissioner of the Indian Premier League
- Rachael Ray, personality & TV cook, studied at Pace Pleasantville 1986–1987
- Rossana Rosado, journalist & Secretary of State of New York
- Ivan G. Seidenberg ’81, Former president & CEO, Verizon
- Edward W. Stack, chairman (1977–2000) and board member, National Baseball Hall of Fame, chairman & CEO
- Glenn Taranto, actor; known for his role as Gomez Addams in The New Addams Family
- Barbara Farrell Vucanovich (R), US House of Representatives Nevada 2nd District
- Suzanne Weyn, author of over forty novels, most notably, The Bar Code Tattoo and Bar Code Rebellion
- Mike Adenuga, CEO Globacom
- Katie Henney, actress, starred in Felicity: An American Girl Adventure as Elizabeth Cole
Pace University, Academics and Campus
Also, to note down, Pace University was affected in 9/11 terrorist attacks where almost all of the students were affected, due to serious causalities, the students were asked to leave the premises and the debris of the World Trade Center lay all over the campus. With WTO, there were other places which were affected due to these attacks, Pace University being one of them.
However, it revived its grace soon and was ready to enroll students the very same year thereby marking its presence among the top institutions in the World!
What are your views on studying in Pace? Do let us know if you have any queries related to Pace University in the comments section below and for more information on studying abroad, sign up to Admitkard!