Why study medicine?
Medicine is one of the most sought after professions in the world, and there are several factors which would inspire you to study medicine which is mentioned below:
- You can make a real difference to people’s lives by helping to alleviate pain and suffering
- It’s a respected profession
- There’s a wide choice of careers – in fact, there are over 60 specialties, and there are opportunities to get involved with teaching, research, and management
- The day-to-day work can be very varied
- You will face all kinds of practical and intellectual challenges
- Once you graduate, you’ll earn a reasonable salary, and this increases with experience
- Doctors will always be in demand
Why study medicine in Canada?
Canada is one of the leaders in offering excellent training for global understudies. MBBS is a standout amongst the most looked for after degree in Canada. For some reasons, Indian understudies and understudies from different nations pick Canada as a favored goal to consider medicine. When you look about contemplating medicine in Canada, you can see the solid dialogs occurring around medicine in Canada. It has set exceptionally high scholarly measures. It pursues thorough quality in instruction. Whoever gets admission to ponder medicine in this nation acquire top-notch instructing, introduction and hands-on preparing. It opens a pool of chances for your future, which benefits your profession in the long run.
What are the requirements for studying medicine in Canada?
Medical studies s in Canada for the most part shift from 3 to 5 years of courses. The span of the course differs from the decision of college and understudy’s experience. First-year, for the most part, peruses as a preliminary year for the understudies who apply without a science certificate, where the course term goes on for a long time. To try out a multi-year lone ranger program, understudies ought to have a four-year certification in Biology or science.
The fundamental section of necessity or qualification to join medical in Canada is language capability in English. Every single Canadian foundation commands the familiarity with English as an essential qualification prerequisite. Since the nature of instruction is better than expected the worldwide norms, global understudies ought to have the competency. Understudies can either pick IELTS or TOEFL test to approve their language capability. For college classes, understudies ought to get a base score of 6.5 and for a postgraduate score, it ought to be 7 in IELTS. On account of the TOEFL test, the score ought to be least 80 for undergrad and 90 for postgraduate courses.
Which are the courses offered in medicine by Canadian Universities?
Medical and Health Programs and Courses offered in Canada are
- Acute Care
- Addictions Counselor
- Cardiac Sonography
- Clinical Research
- Continuing Care
- Critical Care
- Dementia Care
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Laboratory Technology
- Dental Office Administration
- Dental Prosthodontic
- Development Studies
- Developmental Services
- Diabetes Education
- Diagnostic Cardiac
- Diagnostic Cytology
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Diagnostic Ultrasonography
- Dispensing Optician
- Emergency Communications
- Emergency Medical
- Emergency Services
- Fetal Alcohol
- First Aid and CPR
- Health and Safety
- Health Care
- Health Information Services
- Health Sciences
- Health Unit
- Holistic Health
- Human Kinetics
- Human Performance
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging – MRI
- Medical Laboratory
- Medical Office
- Medical Radiation Technology
- Medical Radiologic Technology
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Transcription
- Mental Health
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Nutrition and Food Sciences
- Occupational Education
- Occupational Health
- Optometry and Optician
- Palliative Care
- Pathologist Assistant
- Personal Development
- Personal Safety
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Primary Care
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Pulmonary Disease
- Radiation Oncology
- Renal Technician
- Sex Offender Awareness
- Stress Management
- Unit Clerk
Which are the institutions offering a course in medical?
There are several colleges and institutions in Canada offering courses in medical are:
- McGill University.
- McMaster University.
- The University of Alberta.
- The University of Ottawa.
- Dalhousie University.
- Cambrian College.
- The University of Guelph.
- Trent University.
- University of Manitoba
- University of Western Ontario
- Canadian Mennonite University
- Queen’s University
- Trinity Western University
- University of Fraser Valley
- University of Waterloo
- University of Calgary
- University of Victoria
What is the average cost of studying medical courses in Canada?
In comparison with other countries, the average cost of studying medicine in Canada is very much affordable. Students are likely to spend around C$20,000 and C$30,000 per year, which covers both tuition fee and living expenses. Cost of living is affordable. It is easy to live a quality life while studying in the country.
Any Canadian degree comes with international recognition. Students who opt to study medicine in Canada need not take additional screening tests or exams to practice medicine in their hometown. Especially, Indian students can start practicing medicine in India immediately after completion of the medical program, which is approved by the Indian Medical Council.
Whether there are any scholarships available in Canada for courses in medicine?
International students are generously offered medical scholarships. In Canada, they have both government and non-government scholarships.
- Canada graduate scholarships
- NSERC postgraduate scholarships
- Canadian Rhodes Scholars Foundation scholarship
- Trudeau scholarships and fellowships
Some of the popular scholarships offered by Canadian Universities include,
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
- University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
- University of Calgary Graduate Awards
- Trudeau Foundation Scholarships.
- Most of the universities offer merit-based scholarship and financial awards to students from all nationalities.
- The University of Calgary provides different forms of full and partial scholarships for international students. Scholarship value range from $1,000 to $40,000.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships provided to medical students based on merit, where the scholarship amount is estimated at $50,000 per year.
- University of Waterloo International Master’s and Doctoral Awards provides a scholarship for international students valued at $2,045 per term.
What are the advantages of studying medicine in Canada?
There are several advantages of studying medicine in Canada, among which some are mentioned below:
- It shapes your future with an international degree, Has a reputation across the globe
- World class education, inspirational teaching, and infrastructure
- Masters degree in Medicine, since Canada, doesn’t offer Undergraduate MBBS program
- Diversity in study
- Pioneer in the research
- Rich cultural experience, because in Canada you can see students from different parts of the world
- A lot of Scholarships available, which makes a study of medicine in Canada affordable
- Canada provides excellent job opportunities for medical students, lucrative salary package/revenue, and a comfortable lifestyle along with high safety.