University of Toronto
The University of Toronto, Canada’s leading institution of learning, was founded by Royal Charter in 1827 as King’s College.
The University is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and is a public research university. The university offers an extraordinary environment in which students learn and work.
The University of Toronto has three campuses, one in Downtown Toronto (St. George), second in Mississauga (in the West), and third in Scarborough (in the east).
All the campuses are situated in the most dynamic urban environment in the world.
Toronto has all, whether it is a sports team to cultural happenings, festivals to street fairs. According to the last year data, the university has a total enrollment of 90,077 students, out of which approximately 20,000 enrollments are of international students, coming from 163 countries and regions.
The university has 156 librarians on 44 libraries and is the third-largest library system in North America.
The University of Toronto has almost 6,00,000 alumni around the world and about 4500 faculty members with teaching/research responsibilities.
University of Toronto: Acceptance Rate
It is easy to get in and harder to stay at the university. In simple words, hard work is the only key in the university to survive and graduate, otherwise, you will be weeded out.
If you really want to study in the university, you must know about the most important thing in admission and that is acceptance rate.
- As compared to the other prestige universities, University of Toronto acceptance rate is quite high, averaging 43%.
- This rate is due to the acceptance of domestic as well as international students throughout their campuses which makes the competition tougher to get admission.
- It is easy to get an acceptance letter from the university, but harder to receive your diploma.
University of Toronto: Fees
The structure of fees of the University of Toronto varies from course to course as well as from campus to campus, i.e. which course and campus the student selects.
The tuition fees are relatively higher than many of the European Universities or Universities in the Indian subcontinent. List of fee structure of some of the courses offered by the university:
- Pursuing Bachelors of Commerce will cost up to INR 24 lakhs for four years.
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering will cost up to INR 28 lakhs for four years.
- The cost of pursuing the MSc Computer Science will up to INR 17 lakhs.
- One year executive MBA will cost up to INR 59 lakhs.
University of Toronto: Ranking
The University of Toronto is among the most prominent and research-intensive institutes in the world.
The university is known for offering 1000 undergraduate and graduate programs to the students from all over the world and is ranked eminent institutes of the world.
The primary focus of the university is on the discovery, creation and innovation.
- The university is one of the only 8 global institutes considered by THE for all of its 11 subjects among top 50 in the world.
- According to the QS World Universities Ranking, Toronto stands at 28th university in the world and for undergraduate employ-ability ranking, the university is at 15th position.
- The University of Toronto stands at 20th position according to the US News Best Global Universities, 2019.
- Considering the parameters of the university like alumni, per capita performance, and other, the University of Toronto is on the FIRST position according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
University of Toronto: Courses
The University is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and is a public research university.
The university offers an extraordinary environment in which students learn and work. The university has 156 librarians on 44 libraries and is the third-largest library system in North America.
Some of the courses offered by the university are:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- Morning & Evening MBA
- Bachelors of Arts in Economics
- Bachelors in Computer Science
- Full-time MBA
University of Toronto: Admission Procedure
The requirements are set by the University for admission into various graduate and undergraduate courses.
The university generally gives admission to academically excellent students.
This means only those students will get admission who have attained a high level of academic achievement. For International Students, the admission process for getting into the University of Toronto is as follow:
- The applicant needs to submit the required documents online and complete the application form.
- Once the applicant received the acceptance letter by the University, apply immediately for student permit and entry visa.
- Applicants can seek help from the Canadian Embassy to obtain applications for the documents.
- While facing unexpected challenges during the stay in Canada, applicants can seek help from the Center for International Experience.
University of Toronto: MBA
Canada’s largest, most diverse and best recognized MBA programs are offered by Rotman.
The program offered by the Rotman School of Management is no. 1 in Canada. The Rotman ranked in top five in the global for its world-class faculty and research.
The Rotman School of Management offers subjects such as Accounting, Economic Analysis and Policy, Finance, Marketing, etc.
- The duration of the course is the 2-Year full-time Program.
- Applicants who are graduate can pursue their career in Financial Services, Consulting, Consumer Goods and Retail, and Technology industry.
- According to the QS World University Ranking, the Rotman School of Management is ranked 28th and as per the Global MBA Ranking, the Rotman ranked 43rd.
- The fees for the course is INR Rs 34,20,000.
University of Toronto: MS in Computer Science
The students who want to get trained as a researcher, capable of creating original, internationally recognized research in Computer Science, the MSc degree program is designed for such students.
With the world’s best-ranked computer science departments, students will learn to create original research in computer science.
- Applicants are required to FCEs, i.e. full course equivalents in computer science.
- The duration of the course is 16 months.
- According to the QS World Universities Ranking, the university stands at the position 28th.
- The fees for the course is Rs 17,25,000.
University of Toronto: Computer Science
The University of Toronto offers the computer science program which aims to combine the theory and practical elements of the integration of computers.
In this course, students will get a chance to prepare for graduate study and professional work in the field of IT.
Students may choose to focus on the following Specialist areas:
- Comprehensive Stream
- Health Informatics Stream
- Information Systems Stream
- Software Engineering Stream
- Entrepreneurship Stream
University of Toronto: FAQs
1. What is University of Toronto acceptance rate?
As compared to the other prestige universities, University of Toronto acceptance rate is quite high, averaging 43%. This rate is due to the acceptance of domestic as well as international students throughout their campuses which makes the competition tougher to get admission.
2. Which is Canada’s best university?
Top university in Canada is the University of Toronto.
3. What is the tuition fee for University of Toronto?
6,590 CAD, International tuition 45,690 CAD (2017 – 18).
4. Is studying in Canada worth it?
Yes, it is absolutely worth it, as degrees obtained from any Canadian university are generally accepted all over the world.