SOURCE: The Urban Fight
B. Tech is an undergraduate degree, usually taken by students of science maths students after their schooling. There are various branches in which a student can pursue engineering from any government or private university.
After clearing the difficult entrance exams an individual gets selected in these colleges to start with their undergraduate degree. After completion of this undergraduate degree one can either go for masters in any stream they wish to or may go for a job.
Also Read: What is Software Engineering?
Courses after B.Tech
One can definitely prepare for civil services to get into a government job or getting into companies by college placements or can go for higher studies.
1. M.Tech / M.E.
2. MBA (Master of Business Administration)
3. PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management)
4. Distance Learning/Certificate/Short-term Courses
What is B.Tech?
B. Tech, Bachelor of technology is a professional degree where one becomes an engineer after completion of this degree. This degree is also known as Bachelor of engineering in many institutions. This 4-year full-time undergraduate course offered in various disciplines.
IIT’s and NIT’s are the top public institutes that require an entrance exam to get in.
Options after doing B.Tech
There are various career opportunities after B.TECH either going for a postgraduate degree and in case that has to be avoided, there are various options also.
1. Job opportunities either private or govt sector jobs.
2. Civil service examination
Also Read: Short Term Courses after B.com
What to do after B.Tech in Computer Science?
This course is considered one of the most settled and one gets amazing high paid jobs later. Making sure one gets numerous great rewards for a good future. One can get into any sector to work depending upon one’s skills.
- Software engineering
- Information security professional
- Mobile application developer
- Baking jobs
What to do after B.tech in Mechanical Engineering?
This is the core engineering branch where one can get into various fields where they offer a lot of job opportunities. The interest and skills that people possess are of utmost importance.
- Analysis and testing
- Research and development(R&D)
- Govt sector jobs
What to do after B.tech in ECE?
There is no field where there is no use of ECE across the globe. Hence it makes it very easy and efficient for one to find jobs in any sector or do any course after B.Tech. Either masters or a short term or maybe some specialization course.
- Electronics Engineer
- Electronics and Communication Engineer
- Electronics Design & Development Engineer
- Desktop Support Engineer
- System Control Engineer
What to do after B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
This branch of engineering basically deals with the construction as well as industrial, management, and finance-related sectors also. Again, one can go either for higher education or jobs in any of the sectors.
- Private sector jobs
- Public sector jobs
- Various specialization exams
- Master’s degree
What to do after B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?
Modern life is completely dependent on electrical objects and hence the job prospectus and higher education have a very huge scope for all the civil engineers.
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
- Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
What to do after B.Tech Biotechnology?
This concept of engineering talks about concepts related to biological systems, biological processes, and other cell structures so these can be used in engineering and tech-related places.
- Research scientists
- Lecturer of biology
- Private jobs
- IT jobs
Also Read: Engineering Mechanics
Exams after B.TECH
One can definitely go for a lot of competitive exams like the list which is given below.
- Civil Services Examination
- Indian Economic Service Examination
- Indian Statistical Service Examination
- Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
- National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination
- Combined Medical Services Examination
- Engineering Services Examinations
- Staff Selection for different Cadres
- Exam for different posts through Reserve Bank of India Services Board
- Exam for Development Officers and others through National Bank for Agriculture & Rural Development (NABARD)
- Exam for Telecom Officers in the Department of Telecommunications
- NIFT Entrance Exam