SOURCE: MBA Crystal Ball
Indian Business School established in 2001, is a private business school that offers courses in post-graduate management programs. ISB has two reputable campuses in Hyderabad (Telangana) and Mohali (Punjab).
The ISB Mohali campus was established in 2012, spread across an area of 70 acres. The college offers admissions on the basis of merit through national level exams like CAT, GMAT/GRE. ISB Mohali offers Post-Graduate Programs (PGP) that provides international training and education through world-class faculty. The campus is renowned for its hectic yet rewarding placement procedures.
PGP in management is ranked #52 among the top 100 global EMBAs. The Mohali campus currently has around 850 students under their PGP in management.
One of the campuses of the Indian Business School (ISB) is located in Mohali, Punjab. ISB Mohali offers degree courses at postgraduate and doctoral levels in which the admission is done on the basis of performance in the entrance exam. ISB Mohali offers its students modern facilities and world-class educational experience to prepare them for an international career. The Mohali campus is equipped with state-of-the-art learning infrastructure, with access to the latest technology. ISB also offers its academically brilliant students a scholarship to achieve better in their careers. ISB Mohali is also home to four other research institutes.
ISB Mohali Fees
The fee structure is almost similar across the campuses, however, the location also influences the expenses. The annual fees include admission fees, tuition fees, campus accommodation, alumni association membership and a one-time contribution for the use of ISB library and recreation center.
All these expenses add up to a total payable amount of around INR 30 lakhs. The fees can also be paid by taking a loan and in two installments over the year. Also, the admission fees are non-refundable by the college in case a candidate does not enroll.
ISB Mohali Ranking
ISB is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business as a leading business school in India. ISB has also been ranked #1 in Asia and #7 worldwide by Forbes magazine. ISB has been ranked #24 by the Financial Times in its Global MBA Ranking in 2019 and also stands at #12 as per the QS Ranking.
ISB Mohali Address
Located in Mohali near Chandigarh, ISB offers a student-friendly and attractive location to study. With a great transportation network, connected to Chandigarh; and various activities and events to choose from, ISB is an ideal place for the students. The Mohali campus is located in Knowledge City, Sector 81, SAS Nagar, Mohali.
ISB Mohali Average Package
In 2019, around 373 national and international companies conducted the placement procedure, including 65 first-time recruiters. A number of recruiters offered job positions to students in different fields, where Consulting remained the most sought after area in which 23.79% of students were offered placements.
A 124% increase in the average salary was recorded over the last year. The average salary package at ISB Mohali is INR 24 LPA and the highest paying domain remains Consulting and IT/TES.
How to get into ISB Mohali
Candidates seeking admission at ISB have to fulfil the eligibility criteria as per the course requirements. The admissions for PGP are conducted in 2 cycles in September and December and the application is to be filled online along with the required documents. Most of the courses also require a certain duration of work experience to be eligible for admission.
- The application forms are available on the college’s website.
- Admission to PGP and other programs in management is done based on the scores of CAT, GMAT/GRE respectively.
- ISB, Mohali offers PGP in management for a duration of one year for which a candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with an acceptable GMAT score and a work experience of at least 2 years.
- Also, the candidates who did not have English as the medium of instruction at the UG level have to appear for TOEFL/IELTS or PGE and submit the required scores.
- The candidates are also analyzed and evaluated on their academic performance in class 12 and graduation, their personality, skills and leadership qualities.
ISB Mohali Campus
The Mohali campus is built in an area of 70 acres, designed by Perkins Eastman architects led by Aaron Schwarz, one of the best designers in New York. The campus located in Mohali and near Chandigarh offers a lot of recreational activities and places to visit its students who benefit from a well-established network of communication and transportation. The campus is designed to meet the LEEDS Gold sustainability criteria.
- The campus is equipped with energy-efficient fixtures, rain-water harvesting, maximized daylighting to make maximum use of natural resources and promote efficient use of energy.
- Mohali campus also offers accommodation for the students as well as the faculty. It has 68 studio apartments, 174 quads, and 16 faculty housing units.
- The apartments are fully furnished, air-conditioned, equipped with modern facilities and Wi-Fi enabled.
- The campus also has a learning resource centre that houses over 10,000 books, journals, and other reading material.
- The Mohali campus also offers the students a recreation centre that consists of a Gym, swimming pool, tennis, basketball, and volleyball courts, and various other indoor games and activities.
ISB Mohali vs ISB Hyderabad
ISB aims to offer quality education and a great learning experience with its well-established campuses at Mohali and Hyderabad. The management of the Indian Business School focuses on maintaining equal standards at both campuses. All the facilities, courses provided, faculty employed or even the placement procedure and opportunities are more or less the same at both the campus.
- The ISB Hyderabad campus is spread over an area of 260 acres while the ISB Mohali campus stretches across an area of 70 acres with 550 seats and 210 seats respectively.
- The curriculum runs parallel across both the campus. The faculty appointed is the same for both the campuses where the professors travel from one campus to another to maintain the same standard of teaching.
- Applicants are granted a campus preference at the time of selection.
- ISB also provides the students with an option to exchange campus during their term 3 and 4 to get an experience of both the locations.
- Although most of the courses and electives are the same at both Mohali and Hyderabad campus, ISB Mohali offers two additional courses, Healthcare Management and Manufacturing Management.
ISB Mohali vs ISB Hyderabad- Ranking
With the Indian School of Business being ranked at the top by various organizations, ISB Mohali and ISB Hyderabad are considered as the Best Management School of India. ISB Mohali and ISB Hyderabad have been ranked among the top 30s by the Financial Times for three consecutive years. The top rankings and international recognition make ISB a desirable place to pursue a management degree.
ISB Mohali vs ISB Hyderabad- Placements
ISB has an incorporated placement process for the PGP course across both the Mohali and Hyderabad campuses.
Placement process at ISB is a vigorous one that can continue for up to 4 months, through a series of presentations, job-postings and Pre-Placement Talks by recruiters to the students.
Apart from the on-campus interviews, companies can also choose to conduct off-campus interviews with the students. The placements generally begin in 2nd week of November or December annually.
- The placements are conducted at one campus to ensure an unbiased and unified placement procedure.
- The students and professors of one campus have to fly out to the other campus for interviews.
- Visiting faculty from top business schools also remain the same for both the places to ensure equality.
- Another important aspect of the placement process is that the students are also not allowed to disclose their campus to the employers so that the decision remains unaffected and irrespective of the campus.
- In 2019, around 1300 offers have been made by companies at IBS where the top recruiters were companies like Aditya Birla Group, Amazon, Paytm, Uber, Flipkart, Infosys and many more.
ISB Mohali vs ISB Hyderabad- Campus
ISB offers world-class facilities at both the campuses and provides the students with an opportunity to switch campus. Both campuses have the same faculty, where professors travel from one campus to another to ensure the same quality of education. However, the Hyderabad campus is spread over a larger area than the Mohali campus making it more attractive to the students.
- ISB Hyderabad’s academic centre houses lecture theatres that enable global connectivity through video-conferencing facilities. The learning experience is taken to another level through audio and video lectures by the leading faculty.
- Both the Hyderabad and Mohali campus offer a learning resource center, student village, Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the campus and recreation center.
- The atrium is an open space available for the students to relax and spend their leisure time that is common to both the campuses.
- ISB Mohali also offers some great cafes and cafeterias, sports facilities, convenience stores, banking and communication services.
- At the Hyderabad campus, the existing rock formations and tree canopies have been retained in their building design, which gives it a beautiful and scenic appeal combined with technologically equipped buildings.
Ans. The candidate can fill in their location preference in the application form which will be considered by the admission committee at the time of selection. Students can also choose the campus exchange program between term 3 and 4.
Q2. What is the eligibility criteria for admission to PGP in Management?
Ans. The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in a particular discipline. Along with that, you need a valid GMAT/GRE or CAT score and a work experience of at least 2 years.
Ans. The fees and expenses differ for each course offered at IBS. The average fee for PGP at IBS Mohali is around INR 30 lakhs.
Ans. The total payable fees is the same for both the campuses and differ according to the course chosen. However, the location of the campus affects the living and other expenses for the students.
Q5. How is the placement process carried out across the Hyderabad and Mohali campus?
Ans. The placement process is conducted at any one of the campuses where the students have to fly across for the interviews. This is done to ensure an unbiased and unified process where the students across campus are given equal opportunities.
Q6. Is the tuition fee refundable in case the admission is withdrawn?
Ans. In case a student wishes to withdraw their admission; the tuition fees get refunded as per the ISB refund policy at that time. However, the admission fees are non-refundable.
Q7. Does ISB have connections with foreign universities and institutes?
Ans. Yes, ISB also offers its students an opportunity to be a part of its International Student Exchange Program that allows a student to spend two terms in any of the partner international business schools.
Q8. Do I need to write an SOP to get admission into ISB?
Ans. Yes, the admission procedure also requires you to write an essay that determines your suitability for admission.
Q9. What is the cut-off for GMAT/GRE at ISB?
Ans. ISB does not specifically release a cut-off but the average range of GMAT is 600 to 780 and the marks for GRE range from 311 to 335.
Q10. Are the courses offered across IBS campuses the same?
Ans. Yes, the core curriculum and course structure at the Hyderabad and Mohali campus is the same, with an addition of two courses, Healthcare Management and Manufacturing Management at the Mohali Campus.