SOURCE: Tally Accounting Solution
Diploma in Computer Application is a one year program to study computer application in-depth, it provides students with practical and scientific knowledge on the Computer course along with major soft skills.
There are various career opportunities for those students who are aspiring for the IT sector and other IT related field jobs, and computer application fulfills those ambitions as it is on high demand in the market. The course will provide learners with the usage of applications and the ease of it accordingly.
Diploma in Computer Application – About
The diploma in Computer Application (DCA) is a year course program in computer application and students try to pursue courses that are in high demand in the market. There are several career and job opportunities through this diploma course. Students can pursue this computer application course, after completing 10 + 2 and post-graduation.
Various skills are inculcated in the computer programmer through this course and enhance their thinking ability.
- Students will get exposure to the IT sector through a computer application.
- The duration of the diploma course is about a year, fulfilling all the needs of a knowledgeable programmer.
- Concepts are being cleared in depth by the faculty of a particular institution.
- Everyone is eligible for this course as there are no certain eligibility criteria.
Read More: Computer Application Courses List
Diploma in Computer Application- Course Fee
The fee structure of the Computer Application course is slightly different in different universities and colleges. There are several Indian institutes which provides computer courses as their diploma course and degree course according to the students need of duration.
Diploma course in computer application fees varies from private to government institutes worldwide.
Universities Offering Diploma in Computer Application
Here is the list of Top Universities offering Diploma in Computer Application:
- Lovely Professional University
- Maharishi Dayanand University
- University of Madras
- Alagappa University
- University of Calcutta
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
- Panjab University
- Jadavpur University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Gujarat Technological University
- University of Allahabad
- University of Mumbai
- Amity University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Barkatullah University
Diploma in Computer Application- Fields
Several models are available for students of diploma in computer application, few of them are mentioned below with the fundamental aspects of the course and the need for it.
Programming, IT systems and networking are the most important types of computer course. Some other important courses are:
- Web designing
- Software technologies
- Operating systems and data structures
- Database management and computer languages
- Software Hacking & IT security
- PC Assembly and Troubleshooting
- Software Engineering
Read More: Best Computer Courses
Diploma in Computer Application – Syllabus
Syllabus for diploma courses is quite shorter than compared to a degree program, the durability is of one year unlike the degree programs of three years and a lot more.
Most of the syllabus is about computer programming in various computer languages and through these languages, a student gets a flexible job.
- Introduction to computer applications
- Principles of programming
- Programming languages (Java/C++/Python)
- System analysis and designing
- Operating systems and concepts
- Information technology and networking
- Financial accounting through computer management
Diploma in Computer Application Course Details
The Diploma in Computer Course is a graduate-level course that has a duration of 6 months to a year. The Computer course examination is held based on the student’s yearly performance in academics and practicals.
Direct admissions are available for every student with a certain age group which qualifies the colleges and universities criteria.
- The course fee varies according to the institutes, an average fee of the course is approximately 20,000-35000 in Indian rupees.
- It’s a year course or two-semester course mentioned according to the institutes
- After graduating the salary scope is quite high, ranges between 2-3 lakhs.
- Top fields of the course are data handling, web designing, program developer etc.
Read More: Core Subjects in B.Com computers
Diploma in Computer Application- Salary Offered
There is good salary earning options after doing a Diploma in Computer Application, but the salary may vary according to the course you pursue. Some of the most popular jobs with their average salary are mentioned below.
Various organizations pay an average salary of 2.5-3 lakhs per annum to good profile handlers and with required skills.
- Language developer(C++/Pyhton), the average salary is about 3-4 lakhs per annum.
- The software developer has an annual salary of 3.5-4.5 lakhs per annum with technical pieces of equipment and other facilities available.
- Web designing gets an average salary of 3-5 lakhs per annum depending upon the work assigned to the designer.
- Graphic designing and animation, this field holds a salary of 5-6 lakhs per annum due to the need for it in the market.
- The technical developer has a lesser amount of annual salary than those of the fields mentioned above, it is of 2-3 lakhs per annum.
- Administrative management requires a patient personality and the salary is granted of about 3 lakhs per annum to the employees.
Diploma in Computer Application Certificate
The course provides students with a certificate that holds the grades in the computer application field and is provided to benefit the students in getting a job with a perfect profile presentability.
It is a course that can be pursued after senior secondary education as well as post-graduation. This flexible course will provide an individual with a steady living.
Diploma in Computer Application Course Material
Most of the course materials are provided to the students by the faculty and college websites itself. There are some more books and online reading materials which are provided through various educational links and sites.
- Programming languages and their course books are available in the institution’s library for Java, Python, and C++, etc.
- IT and Networking textbooks contain parts of several chapters and it is generally provided by the teacher and colleagues of the batch itself.
- Web designing materials are available online with explanatory concepts etc.
- Some of the textbooks are Barron’s AP Computer Science, Cracking and Coding, IT developers also use C++ for advanced learners, Computer language through Python, Networking textbooks of Pearson.
- Several introductory books contain basics of the computer language concepts and the benefit of learning them.
Read More: Diploma in computer science engineering
Diploma in Computer Application – Distance Education
Generally, students apply in universities abroad while sitting in their home country. This contains various opportunities for distance learners like the flexibility of time, more focus on the students, more understandability amongst the teacher and students, effective interactions, daily learning as well as weekly according to the students choice.
- For distance learners fee is lesser in comparison with on-campus diploma pursuers, it ranges from INR 10000- 15000 for a year.
- The syllabus details and other admitted information is provided through the mail and on the official website.
- It’s not an easy task to learn through distance education as there are time and other factors that hinder students knowledge of understanding the concepts.
- It also helps students to learn independent of time and traveling, these factors will hinder the learner and will result in the best outcome.
A diploma in computer applications is a good option for saving time and to get a steady job after graduating.
The course details are listed on the website of the institution with the date of submission of the documents.
There are several career scopes like software developers, programmers, web designers, animators, graphic designers, etc.
Diploma courses generally have less fee than a degree course and for computer applications, the fee is quite reasonable and affordable.
The course has a duration of 6 months to one year depending upon the student’s need to gain extra knowledge.
After graduating from this course there are various organizations available such as web designer, software developer, C++ developer, accountant, etc.