Marine engineering is one of the fields of engineering which forms boats, ships, oil rigs etc. Archimedes is called as the first marine engineer. This engineering deals with the construction as well as operation of mechanical equipment of seagoing craft, docks and harbour installations. Marine engineering forms the ship’s internal system.
Marine Engineering –
Marine engineering is one of the engineering courses which deals with the construction and operations of the ship’s system as well as maintenance of ship functions. Marine engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the nautical architecture and science.
- It involves construction, operation, installation and repair of the ship machinery.
- Archimedes called as the first marine engineer.
- Marine engineering is a professional course.
- Marine engineering forms the ship’s internal system.
Marine Engineering Salary
Marine engineers work for constructing ship machinery, engines and key mechanical parts. Marine engineering professionals work with engineering staff, technicians and naval architects. For this position generally, a bachelor’s degree required.
- A marine engineer can get the average salary range of 64000 to 96000 depends on experience.
- The professionals, scientific and technical staff can get up to $ 110970.
- In Maryland, the average compensation salary is $107680.
- The federal government salary of the marine engineer is approx. $150000.
Marine Engineer Salary in India
The salary ranges according to the rank –
- Fifth engineer – Rs 35000 to 75000 per month.
- Fourth engineer – Rs 1.5 lacs to 2.25 lacs per month.
- Third engineer – Rs 2.5 to 3 lakh per month.
- Second engineer – Rs 4 to 5 lacs per month.
- Chief engineer – Rs 5 lacs and above per month.
Marine Engineering Colleges in India
There are so many Marine engineering colleges in India.
There is the list of some Marine engineering colleges in India-
- India Institute of Technology (Bombay)
- Andhra University college of engineering (Visakhapatnam)
- Indian Institute of Technology (Kharagpur)
- Marine engineering and research institute (Mumbai)
- CV Raman college of engineering (Bhubaneshwar)
- Srinivas institute of technology (Mangalore)
- Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering (Tamil Nadu)
- Shantilal Shah engineering college (Gujarat)
Marine Engineering Jobs
The Marine engineer can get a number of jobs. There is some job list which a marine engineer can get.
- Field engineer
- Administrative assistant engineering
- Engineering technician
- Maintenance technician
Marine Engineering and Research Institute
The Marine Engineering and Research Institute was founded in 1949 in Kolkata. This institute fulfils the professional requirements of marine engineers. The college motivates young upcoming leaders. The college gets you to explore your creative and innovative ideas.
- This institute counsel personally and give effective academic advising.
- This infrastructure is state-of-the-art.
- The institute gives you the training program for personality development.
- The institute offers both bachelor and master program of marine engineering.
Top 10 Government Marine Engineering College in India
There are both private and government colleges in India for marine engineering. But there is an only limited number of government colleges in India for engineering.
- Marine Engineering and Research Institute (MERI) – This institute is located in Kolkata in 1949. This is the government institute. The institute offers both graduation and Post-graduation courses.
- Mohamed Sathak Engineering College (MSEC) – This college is situated in Tamil Nadu. The college is established in 1984.
- Vels Academy of Maritime Studies – This institute is established in 1992. This institute transforms a complete man and enhances your ability and skills.
- Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) – This is the government-owned institute. This institute is established in 1971. The institute situated in Kerala.
- C.V. Raman College of Engineering (CVRE) – This institute is established in 1997. The institute is located in Odisha. This offers both bachelor and master courses.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – This institute is located in Bombay. This is established in 1958.
- Department of Management Studies (DMS) – This is situated in Pondicherry. This is established in 1985 and comes under Pondicherry University.
- Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training (MANET) – This is located in Pune in Maharashtra. This is established in 2001.
- College of Engineering, Anna University – This is located in Chennai. This is established in 1794. This college is ranked 7 among engineering colleges.
- International Maritime Academy – This college is established in 1999. This is located in Chennai.
Marine Engineering Colleges in Mumbai
There are different colleges in different states and cities of Marine engineering. In this, we are focusing on Marine Engineering colleges in Mumbai. There are 3 Marine Engineering colleges in Mumbai.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- AUM Engineering and Management Institute, Mumbai
- Marine engineering and Research Institute, Mumbai
Marine Engineering Courses
There are bachelor, master and diploma courses of Marine Engineering. These courses are offered by almost all the engineering college.
- B. Tech in Marine Engineering (Bachelor)
- B.E. in Marine Engineering (Bachelor)
- B. Sc. In Marine Engineering (Bachelor)
- M. Tech in Marine Engineering (Master)
- Diploma in Marine Engineering (Diploma)
Diploma in Marine Engineering
The Diploma course in Marine Engineering is a 1-3-year full-time course. The eligibility for taking admission is 55% aggregate marks in 12th standard. In the most institute, the course is annual in nature.
- The course is the full time of 1 to 3-year.
- The examination type is annual.
- The admission is based on merit and in some colleges entrance exam also.
- The primary aim is to create a skilled and efficient cadre.
What is Marine Engineering?
Marine Engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the construction and operation of mechanical equipment. The construction of mechanical equipment of seagoing craft, docks and harbour installations. This includes ships, aircraft carriers, submarines, sailboats, tankers etc. Marine engineers are accountable for the ship’s internal system.
Marine Engineering Fees
There is the different fees structure of different colleges of Marine engineering course. The average fees structure for bachelor and master program.
- The average fees of B. Tech Marine Engineering are 2,25,000 per year.
- The average fees of B. Sc. Nautical Science are 2,25,000 per year.
Marine Engineering Syllabus
The Marine Engineering syllabus at UG and PG level. This may vary from college to college.
- Basic thermodynamics
- Basic electrical and electronics engineering
- Ship structure and Construction
- Fire control and lifesaving appliances laboratory
- Ship operation and Management
- Marine machinery and system design
- Marine steam engineering
Marine Engineering Eligibility
The eligibility for Marine Engineering is aggregate 55% marks in 10+2. There is a different admission procedure in different colleges like merit-based and entrance-based.