Acharya Institute of Technology, or AIT, is a private co-educational engineering and Management College in Bengaluru, India, offering various undergraduate, postgraduate programs and Ph.D. programs for different streams like engineering, management, science, commerce, and arts. The institute is affiliated with the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA).
Acharya Institutes, one of the most famous and prestigious institutes of the country, provides excellent academic ambiance to the students for them to achieve the highest standards of technical education, meaningful research, and service to mankind. Not only does it give a reforming environment, but also in making its student’s workforce ready. It believes in training its students with the best knowledge and education so that they succeed with flying colors in their choice of stream.
Acharya Institute Of Technology Bangalore
Established in the year 2000, Acharya Institute of Technology is a private institute in Bangalore offering a variety of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Programs under its Engineering and Management departments. Accredited with B++ grade by NAAC, Acharya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru is one of the famous institutes among Acharya Institutes and in 2012, it received the status of a Technical Institute by AICTE. Acharya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru was listed as one of the “notable” colleges, by The Deccan Herald, to apply the Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) for admission to postgraduate management courses.
Located at Acharya Doctor Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rd, Soladevanahalli, the institute is one of the prestigious institutes in the city and students, not just from the state, but from all over the country wish to enroll themselves in the courses provided by the institute; students from all across the nation can apply with the motto of pursuing their higher education.
Also known as AIT, the institute is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) and has collaborations with various universities and industries worldwide such as Geneva Business School Switzerland, University of Alicante Spain, Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, Florida International University, Northern Illinois University, Dekalb, Illinois, Infosys Ltd., Kennametal India Ltd., VMware and many more.
Acharya Institute of Technology Highlights
|Established | Type||2000 | Autonomous|
|Recognized by||UGC, AICTE|
|Popular Courses||BE, M.Tech, MBA|
|Entrance Test||KCET, GATE, MAT|
Acharya Institute Of Technology Placements
The Acharya Institute of Technology placements are handled by its Placement Cell. The placements provided by the Institute is a dynamic, real-time process that is proactive, inclusive and wholesome and has managed to place 100% of its students from the professional programs. At AIT, the process of placement is constantly tuned and changed in accordance with the changing Industry needs and feedback. The institute examines and monitors the employment opportunities available and henceforth, helps in arranging the campus recruitment for the final year students. In addition to that, it also provides an internship for pre-final year students.
Acharya Institute Of Technology- The Placement Cell
In today’s world, the success rate of any professional institute is measured by the placement records. The placement cell of this institute is remarkable and 100 percent effective. The objectives of the placement process that are laid out by the Placement Cell of the institute are as follows:
- Conduct formally structured interactions in order to understand corporate needs.
- To examine the potentials of students and create a detailed profile of them to identify their strengths, weaknesses, capabilities, and potentials.
- To provide exposure to the student on how to meet corporate expectations, through direct contact in every stage.
- Setting up a unique single-window ‘Pooled-Placement-Process’ on the campus to help large recruiters.
AIT- Acharya Institute of Technology Placement Highlights 2019
|AIT- ACHARYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY 2019 PLACEMENTS|
|No. of companies that visited||35|
|No. of students placed||194|
|Average Package||3 Lakhs PA|
|Highest Package||21 Lakhs PA|
Acharya Institute of Technology Bangalore has highly dedicated itself to the efficient placement of IT students. The cell works tirelessly to provide students with professional training as well as placement opportunities across various sectors in the industry. Over the years, looking at the placement record of Acharya Institute of Technology, the maximum number of students that were placed are 194, in 2019 and the maximum number of companies that came for recruitment was 35, in 2019. The placement season brought in an overall median CTC of INR 8.25 LPA, for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs. Summing up, the institute, on an average, has shown a decent flow of companies coming for recruitment and the number of students placed.
Some of the top recruiters and companies of students from Acharya Institute of Technology are:
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Tata AIG
Acharya Institute Of Technology Bengaluru Ranking
Acharya Institute of Technology, affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), is an institute that believes in supreme education and imparting the best knowledge to its students. All of its courses have been approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) and has been accredited by NBA and NAAC. The institution, established in 2000, has been ranked # 1 ABMRCP by AICTE-CII.
Based on the average rank of admitted students, the Popularity Rank of the institute is 121. In addition to that, the institution is accredited by NAAC B++ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and has validity up to 30 Apr 2024 with a score of 2.79.
Acharya Institute Of Technology Fee Structure
Acharya Institute of Technology (AIT), Bengaluru, founded under the Acharya Group of Institutions, is one of the top colleges in Karnataka. Established with the aim of creating a new benchmark in the world of education, AIT has become a pioneer in providing quality education in different educational fields.
With a mission to provide excellent and top-class education in the field of Engineering & Technology, Acharya Institute of Technology has contributed to the success of the students in their respective fields.
Given below are the fees structure of the courses:
- For the course BE Computer Engineering, the total tuition fees is INR 5,95,000 for the 1st year and INR 1,85,000 for the 2nd, 3rd & 4th year.
- For the course BE Aeronautical Engineering and BE Information Science, the total tuition fees is INR 5,00,000 for the 1st year and INR 1,85,000 for the 2nd, 3rd & 4th year.
- For the course M. Tech Computer Science, M. Tech Digital Communication, and M. Tech Machine Design, the total tuition fees is INR 200,000 per year.
Acharya Institute Of Technology Hostel Fees
Acharya Institute of Technology tries its level best to make life for their residential students as comfortable and homely as possible. Though, the institution is a co-ed institute, the hostel accommodation for boys and girls are separate. At present, there are five ‘Acharya Halls of Residence’ for boys and seven similar hostels for girls.
The 12 hostels have an accommodation capacity of 1500 students in total. Students can rent single, twin or triple sharing rooms on the basis of their requirement or choice. Every hostel on the campus has a common area equipped with the basic facilities but it is not limited to the availability of newspapers and TV. Students can also avail of the numerous other facilities available like Wi-Fi, 24-hour ambulance, laundry, and many more.
Every room is equipped with basic amenities such as mattresses, pillows, dressing mirrors, window and shower curtains. In addition, a wardrobe with locker, kitchenette, RO water facility, bookshelf, and other facilities are also provided.
The fees for Boys Hostel is INR 1.04 Lakhs to 1.15 Lakhs and that of Girls Hostel is INR 1.04 Lakhs to 1.15 Lakhs.
Acharya Institute Of Technology Cut Off
Given below is the previous year’s (i.e. 2019) KCET cutoff for admission to BE/ B. Tech at Acharya Institute of Technology:
|Computer Science and Engineering||10718|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||14438|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||23633|
Acharya Institute Of Technology Admission
ACHARYA Institute of Technology is a suitable place for students’ ideas to fly and turn their dreams into reality. Mostly dealing with the courses on engineering and management, AIT takes pride in the fact that it is known to prepare and nurture global leaders in the field of education.
Aspiring candidates who wish to seek admission into the wide array of courses offered by the institute, should visit the official website of Acharya Institute of Technology, and fill out the application form available there. Those who wish to apply are required to submit their applications on the admission portal of the university within the deadline. The basic eligibility for Undergraduate courses is passing class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks, and for Postgraduate courses, it is a graduation degree, in a relevant discipline, with at least 50% marks.
Candidates are selected on the basis of an entrance exam and therefore, shortlisted later on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. Only the shortlisted candidates are considered for the admission process.
At Acharya Institute of Technology Bangalore, admission to B.Tech, M.Tech and MBA programs are granted on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in national level entrance examinations. The required examination, course-wise, are mentioned below:
- B. Tech: KCET
- M. Tech: PGCET/ GATE
- MBA: KMAT/ MAT/ CMAT
Acharya Institute of Technology: HOW TO APPLY
- The application forms are available online on the official website of AIT, https://acharya.ac.in/acharya-institute-of-technology/. Before filling the form, the candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully and then, fill in all the required details accurately.
- Based upon the desired course chosen by them, the candidates will have to appear for the entrance examination. After this, the university will evaluate the marks obtained by students and rank them accordingly to prepare a merit list.
- After this, a single-window counseling or an online counseling session takes place where the students are allotted the colleges and the courses on the basis of merit.
- It is only after that that the students are called for counseling and admission.
- On the basis of the CET rank, around 50% of the students get admission and 30% students get admission through the Undergraduate entrance test.
Acharya Institute Of Technology MBA
Master of Business Administration (MBA) at Acharya Institute of Technology is a two-year full-time program, Offered by Visvesvaraya Technological University and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Aspiring candidates, who wish to seek admission into the MBA course at AIT should fulfill the eligibility criteria as given below:
- The candidate should have passed the Bachelor degree with at least 50 percent i.e., integer 50% (rounding-off aggregate percent is not permitted) of the marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examinations. However, in the case of candidates from Karnataka belonging to SC/ST/Category 1, the aggregate percentage of marks of all the years of the qualifying examination shall at least be 45 percent i.e., integer 45% (rounding-off aggregate percent is not permitted).
- In spite of the Bachelor degree score, the candidate will be required to qualify the entrance test conducted by the competent authority.
MBA at Acharya Institute of Technology has total seats of 240 and admission is based on MAT / KMAT / PGCET / CMAT Scores.
Acharya Institute Of Technology Reviews
Based on 261 reviews, Acharya Institute of Technology has a total rating of 3.6/ 5. Some of the points stated by students are:
- To begin with, Acharya Institute of Technology’s campus is marvelous with an eminent set of faculty who guides the students for their betterment.
- Though the fees of the Institute are higher than other private engineering institutions, the management and courses are up-to-the-mark.
- The higher management is a combination of young and experienced, passionate and curious individuals and is quite friendly. So, they help the students if and when required.
Acharya Institute Of Technology Campus
This institute has a stunning infrastructure and includes an auditorium, halls, seminar halls, conference room, bank, ATM, Laboratories, e-learning, stadiums, learning centers, training centers, placement cells, cafeteria, sports facility, gym. The cherry on the top is that there is Wi-Fi available throughout the campus.
No just academics, but co-curricular is also a part of the Acharya Institute. It provides students to take part in societies and activity clubs in order to help and motivate them to take part in extracurricular activities. Robotics club, adventure club, quiz club, nature club, photography club, and fine arts club are some of the societies at AIT.
Acharya Habba is the cultural and technical fest of the institute and is celebrated every year. Ethnic day, Fresher’s day and farewell day are some other festivals that are celebrated in the institute.
Q1- Is Acharya Institute an autonomous college?
- No, it is not an autonomous college as it is affiliated to VTU.
Q2- How can you reach the Acharya Institute of Technology Bengaluru?
- Closest stations to Acharya Institute of Technology are:
- Chikka Banawara Sante Beedi is 889 meters away, 12 min walk.
- Chikka Banavara is 896 meters away, 12 min walk.
- Chikkabanavara Market is 932 meters away, 13 min walk.
Q3- If I want to study through the distance mode, which courses are available?
Q4- What documents are required for University Transfer admissions?
- The documents that students will have to produce for University Transfer admissions are SSLC, Plus two, B.Tech 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th-semester mark list minimum, ID proof & passport size photograph.
Q5- Is Acharya Institute of Technology good for engineering?
- Acharya Institute of Technology as a whole is a great Institute for Engineering, offering practical knowledge and lots of scope for research. In terms of placement, most of the companies that come are IT companies. Very few come for mechanical.