To provide development of higher education in Kasaragod, Kannur, and Wayanad districts of Kerala, India a University was established in the year 1996 which is populary known as Kannur University. Kannur University is a multi campus and public University. It has been established after the passing act no. Of 22 of Kerala Legislative Assembly.
Kannur University follows the motto of “From darkness, lead me to light.” It has urban campus for with Arif Mohammad Khan as his Chancellor. Kannur University has been affiliated to UGC and AIU.
The main motive and objective of Kannur University is to create a teaching and residential atmosphere in the state of Kerala so that there is development of higher education. Kannur University also offers undergraduate distance courses for people in prison.
Kannur University Official Website:
The official website of Kannur University is http://www.kannuruniversity.ac.in/ . By tapping Or clicking on this link you will get the detailed and each and every information related to Kannur University.
Kannur University Courses:
Kannur University offers almost over 313 courses in 14 streams with 36 special specialization courses to national as well as international students. It offers a large variety of courses
Some of the courses are mentioned below:
- M.Sc. in Clinical and Counseling Psychology.
- PG Diploma in Yoga Education
- MSc in Medical Microbiology
- Master of Business Administration
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Information Security
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
- LL.M. in Criminal Law and Criminal Justice
Kannur University Allotment:
The Kannur University is almost all set to declare their dates for 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree result for the year 2020 at its official website.
Students who have applied for Kannur University can go to their official website for checking their degree allotment results. The degree allotment results happen after the application submission of the University. These dates and results are being released by examination authorities.
Based on results and various round of allotment, the students are being filtered and will be given different colleges and universities. After the closing date the admission will not be given to any of the students. Seat Allotment in Kannur University will be carried out under Centralized Allotment Procedure.
Kannur University First Allotment 2020:
The students who are eligible and want to take admission in Kannur University sincerely wait for the first-degree allotment result list. Based on different eligibility and admission criteria, the University prepared allotments results.
There is a high chance of getting good Universities and colleges to the students who qualify in the first-degree allotment results.
The dates are still not published on the official website of Kannur University but it’s most likely to be held in June 2020.
Kannur University second allotment:
After the first-degree allotment results, the Kannur University releases UG CAP TRIAL ALLOTMENT 2020 for the next set of students based on the seats available.
Students who qualify for the second round can go with the further process. Information of 2nd allotment degree results is also given on the official website of Kannur University. This information is conveyed to the students either by mail or by phone number.
Kannur University Results:
Kannur University mostly declares their result in the month of November. The Kannur University result is available for three options that is regular/supplementary/improvement. To check the results the students or candidates need to go to the official website of Kannur University and then they need to enter their registration number.
Kannur University Results are published online to convey immediate information to the examinees.
The students who have been qualified in the exam have to apply for the readmission in the next semester and the final year student are being qualified for degree certificate.
Exam Result Kannur University:
After qualifying the results the candidates can obtain the original marksheet or grade cards from their Institutions. Students can also apply for the reevaluation of the answer script after the declaration of the results. Students can apply online if they want to apply for revaluation. Revaluation will not be accepted after the last date. Students should also note that they can’t get their certificate or grade cards before the revaluation results.
Kannur University Results 2020:
Kannur University has not yet declared the results of the academic year 2020. The results are more likely to be declared in the month of November. The students can go through the links on the official website of Kannur University to check their results.
If the link doesn’t work then here are steps to check the results:
- The students first need to visit the official website of Kannur University and then click on the examination link.
- Then they need to click on the exam result under the student corner.
- Now they need to select from UG/PG/Professional/Other
- Next step is to select the course and click on the link
- Enter the registration number
- Click on the submit button
- And the result will appear.
Kannur University Distance Education:
Kannur University Distance Education (SDE) has been established in the year 2002. The aim of Kannur University Distance Education is to provide academic opportunities to those people who are unable to pursue a full-time course.
School of Distance Education provides selective undergraduates and postgraduates courses.
To take admission in SDE, the students need to follow the below rules:
- Students must have passed 10+2 from recognized boards.
- The student should possess UG degree to take admission to PG courses.
- Seats are offered to the UG and PG students based on the performance of the qualifying exam.
- Exam forms can be submitted Online
- Reservation is in accordance with the regulations of the Government of India.
Kannur University Distance Education Contact Number:
The contact numbers of School of Distance Education, Kannur University are mentioned below:
0497-2715254 , 2715255 , 2715256 , 2715252.
However, you can also contact through mails, official websites or messages.
Kannur University Admission:
One of the most famous universities of Kerala, which has been established in the year 1966, popularly known as Kannur University. It has seven campuses around the state with the best facilities. It offers a large number of courses to both the undergraduate and postgraduate candidates.
There are further levels to take admission in Kannur University. The candidates need to qualify all the rounds to take admission in Kannur University.
Kannur University UG Admission 2020:
Kannur University offers various courses for undergraduate courses in multiple streams and specialization such as Science, Arts, Commerce, and Engineering. Admission of the UG programs is done through Central Allotment Process (UG CAP) on the basis of marks scored in the last qualifying examination. Two seats in UG Course in each program. It will be reserved for candidates who are from sports and games.
To take admission in UG Courses, the candidates should follow the below criteria:
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Bachelor’s degree is required for various courses such as B.Ed and LL.B
- Candidate should be Indian Citizen
- The maximum age limit for taking admission in UG Courses should not be more than 23 years.
- For SC/ST candidates, the maximum age is 25 years.
Kannur University PG Admission 2020:
Kannur University Postgraduate Courses in almost every field whether it is Arts, Science, Commerce, management or engineering. The PG Course in this university is mostly for 2 years. The University also provides PG Diploma and LL.M courses for one year and a Master of computer Appliances for three years. Admission forms and prospectus can be downloaded online from the university website.
The eligibility criteria for taking admission in PG Courses are as follows:
- The candidates should be Indian Citizen
- He/she should have a bachelor’s degree from recognized Institution.
- The candidates should have qualified the entrance exam that is being conducted by the University.
Kannur University Hall Tickets:
Kannur University releases it’s Hall ticket online for various courses examination. Students can download their Hall Ticket from the official website of the University or from the link that is being provided by the University.
To download the Hall ticket students need to enter their register or application number and date of birth. Students must download the hall ticket and get the signature of identifying officers with seal. It is compulsory for each and every student to carry the Hall Ticket in the examination Hall. Without the Hall, ticket students are not allowed to sit for the exam. The center of examination is mentioned in the Hall ticket.
Steps to download hall ticket:
- Students need to visit the official website of Kannur University
- Then click in the examination option
- Click on Hall ticket option under the student’s corner
- Select the course
- The next step is to enter the register number.
- Your Hall ticket will appear.
Colleges in Kannur University
There is a large number of colleges that are affiliated to the Kannur University.
List of colleges are as follows:
- GovtAyurveda College, [GC] Kannur
- Vimal Jyothi Engineering College, [VJEC] Chemperi
- Co-Operative Arts and Science College, [COASC] Kannur
- Devamatha Arts and Science College, [DASC] Kannur
- EK Nayanar Memorial Government College, [EKNMGC] Kasaragod
- Government College, [GC] Kasaragod
- Govinda Pai Memorial Govt College, [GPMGC] Kasaragod
- Gurudev Arts and Science College, [GASC] Kannur
- Mary Matha Arts And Science College, [MMAASC] Wayanad
- NAM College, [NAMC] Kannur
- Pazhassi Raja NSS College, [PRNSS] Kannur
- Sibga Arts and Science College, [SASC] Kannur
- Wadihuda Institute of Research and Advanced Studies, [WIRAS] Kannur
- Chinmaya Arts and Science College for Women, [CASCW] Kannur
- Sir Syed Institute for Technical Studies, [SSITS] Kannur
Kannur University Contact Number:
The contact number of Kannur University are as follows
0497 2712584, 2762361.
However, you can also contact the University through mails, official websites and messages.
Q.1. Is Kannur University same as Malabar University?
Ans. Yes the Kannur University is a public University which was earlier named as Malabar University. This University was renamed in the year 1996.
Q.2. What are the infrastructural facilities offered by Kannur University?
Ans. There are lot of facilities that Kannur University provides and by which our young generation can get attracted. Starting from familiar atmosphere to friendly cafeteria.
Q.3. What all scholarships are offered by Kannur University?
Ans. The University provides many scholarship to the deserving candidates. The scholarship are being given in the form of fee subsidence to outstanding students such as AMCAT scholarships, need-based scholarships etc.
Q.4. Does Kannur University provide any scholarships to PhD students?
Ans. Yes, there are lot of Scholarship Program for their candidates. The scholarship for Phd candidates are APJ ABDUL KALAM.
Q.5. Is this University approved by UGC?
Ans. Yes, the Kannur University is UGC and AIU approved.