The chartered financial analyst program, commonly known as the CFA course is a professional qualification for postgraduate students. This is one of the most popular and highly recognized courses in chartered accountancy.
This course primarily focuses on specializing the students in mastering the skills and knowledge of investment and financial management.
This course is globally recognized and upheld high standards. Through the CFA course, the students can develop a strong foundation in real-world investment analysis. Moreover, the course also provides the practical knowledge needed in the investment industry.
For students aspiring to build a long term career in the investment or the financial sector, this course will pave the way towards lucrative career opportunities and give them a chance to set up an independent enterprise if and when they decide to.
The chartered financial analyst is divided into three levels –
- The first level is an introductory level that covers topics like introduction to asset valuation, financial reporting and analysis, and portfolio management techniques.
- The second level goes a little deeper into these concepts while covering topics like applications of the tools and input. It also includes economics, financial reporting and analysis, and quantitative methods in asset valuation.
- The third and final level is about portfolio management. It covers topics like descriptions of strategies for applying the tools, inputs, and asset valuation models in managing equity, fixed income, and derivative investments for individuals and institutions.
Who Can Apply For The Chartered Financial Analyst Program?
The students willing to apply for the Chartered Financial Analyst Program must fulfill these requirements –
- The students must have completed a bachelor’s degree or any equivalent degree in the relevant field.
- In case, the student has not obtained the degree but is actively preparing for it, being in the last year of the bachelor program, he or she will be considered eligible as well.
- The student is required to have at least four years of work experience.
How much does The Chartered Financial Analyst Program Cost?
On average, the CFA course fee is around 1,00,000 INR.
What is the average salary for a CFA professional?
Depending on the applicant’s skill, work position, and the recruiting company, the average salary can be anywhere around 3 Lakh to 10 Lakh per year.
What are the best places to study The Chartered Financial Analyst Program?
CFA is one of the most in-demand educational qualifications; a huge number of institutions are offering this course. Some of the biggest names include –
- Indian Institute of Business Management and Studies (IIBMS)
- Central India Institute of Management Studies (CIIMS Raipur)
- Mansukh Institute of Financial Markets (MIFM)
- FTMS Global Academy India Private Limited
- Narayana Institute
What does the applicant need to do to become a qualified CFA Charterholder?
To become a recognized qualified CFA Charterholder, the applicant must fulfill the following conditions –
- CFA Exams – The first and the most important step to become a CFA Charterholder is to pass the CFA exam after studying the three levels of the curriculum.
- Work Experience – From enrollment to placement, every step of the CFA program and employment requires the applicant to have qualified work experience. The experience is considered valid only if it is directly involved with the investment decision-making process or producing a work product that informs or adds value to that process.
- Reference Letters – The applicant needs to submit a minimum of 2-3 professional reference letters that include the referer’s feedback on your work ethic and personal strengths and weaknesses.
- CFA membership – The last step to becoming a CFA charter includes becoming a regular member of the CFA Institute. After the requirements above have been fulfilled, the applicant can apply to the CFA Institute. Once this application is approved, the student will be a recognized CFA charter.