Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) is an eligibility test for recruiting assistant professors and lecturers to universities in Andhra Pradesh.
It is a 180 minutes offline test which is to be taken by people having completed their Master’s degree and interested in becoming assistant professors. The test is divided into 2 different papers.
One paper is common for all the test takers others are dependent on the candidates’ choice of subjects.
Also Read: APRCET
APSET Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for aspirants willing to sit for the APSET are mentioned below.
- There is no upper age limit for appearing for SET.
- Candidates are required to have at least a 55 percent score in their Master’s degree or equivalent exam.
- Candidates belonging to OBC NCL / ST / SC / PwD categories should have at least 50 percent in their Master’s degree or equivalent exam.
- Aspirants must select the subjects that they have done their post-graduation in. If the same subject isn’t a choice, any other related subject must be chosen.
- The exam can be taken by students in the final year of their Master’s degree too.
Also Read: AP EAMCET
APSET 2019 Important Dates
APSET is held twice every year. The important dates of APSET 2019 are given below.
|20th October 2019||Exam day|
|20th December 2019||Final Answer key out|
|20th December 2019||Results declared|
|20th December 2019||Cut off declared|
Also Read: GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
The official dates have not been announced yet. The registration is expected to begin mid – March. The exam is estimated to occur in June.
The exam consists of 2 papers. The first paper is a general test common for all test takers. The paper 2 is subject-specific as chosen by the aspirant. The subject choices for paper 2 are anthropology, history, chemical sciences etcetera and it covers all different domains.
The basic topics tested in paper 1 are given below. There will be 5 questions from each section mentioned and each question will be of 2 marks.
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- People, Development and Environment
- Information and Communication Technology
- Higher Education System
Also Read: GATE vs GRE
APSET Application Process
APSET has a general application fee of Rs 1200. For OBC, it is Rs 1000 and for ST/ SC / PwD, it is Rs 700. After the last day of registration, students have to pay late fees as well which increases with the dates. The application process is mentioned in detail below.
- First, the candidate must register on the official website.
- After filling the required details and registering, the candidate must log in with the new password.
- After logging in, all the details must be filled thoroughly.
- The subject of paper 2 must be selected.
- The test center must be chosen.
- Finally, the candidate has to pay the registration fee and print the final page.
Also Read: How to Convert CGPA to Percentage?
APSET Test Centres
APSET test centers along with their regional codes are stated below.
|Regional Code||Test Centre|
There is no upper age limit for APSET.
Yes, the exam can be taken in a related subject if the original choice is not one of the options. An entirely different subject cannot be chosen.
Yes, APSET can be taken in the final year of study. The result once published have to be produced.
The minimum marks required for the general category are 55 % and that for OBC/ ST / SC/ PwD is 50%.