A Question and its Answer is an inseparable duo. There can be no answer without a question and vice versa. A human asks innumerable questions throughout his living. Similarly, the answers various answers asked to him. Thus, they hold significance in his life.
Human is considered to be the smartest species of all. He is capable of asking intelligent questions. He can also answer those questions with an equally appropriate answer. But that’s not the case every time.
Sometimes even a human’s mind can fail to reach an answer for a certain kind of question. These questions are twisted and often asked indirectly. Thus, they are termed as Tricky Questions. They are either logical or rely on common sense. There are a variety of such questions like Funny, Educational, and Mind Trick Questions, etc.
Here are some examples of Tricky Questions:
- How did the boy kick his soccer ball ten feet, and then have it come back to him on its own?
- If Rosie’s Bungalow is decorated completely in pink, with the walls, carpet, and furniture all shades of pink, what color are the stairs?
- Paul’s farm had a severe fire, and all but six sheep were killed. How many Sheep are still alive?
- If an electric train moves north at 122mph and a wind is blowing to the west at 4mph, how does the smoke blow?
- Can you add one mathematical symbol in between 55555 to equal 500?
- If five alligators can eat five fish in 3 minutes, how long will 18 alligators need to eat 18 fish?
- Rosy is Adam’s niece, but she isn’t Emily’s niece, even though Emily is Adam’s sister and Adam isn’t married. How is that possible?
- Jessica is 14, and her mother is 38. How many years ago was her mother exactly three times as old as Jessica?
- How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
- What color is a purple finch?
Tricky Questions Of Maths
Maths is a subject which is no less than a nightmare for some students. Numbers can be twisted in such a way that could confuse the mind. And the question gets all the more tricky when numbers are combined with logic. Often students get stuck in the trap of these tricky mathematical questions. Below is the list of such questions:
- If 1=4, 2=16, 3=64, then 4=?
- You have 68 cubic blocks.
- Evaluate f(2) – f(1) if f(x)= 6x + 1
- How can you get the nu8mber 6 just by using three zeroes?
- 19 11 11 ? 12. Find the missing figure.
- If three cats can catch three bunnies in 3 minutes, how long will it take 100 cats to catch 100 bunnies?
- A + B = 76
- A – B = 38
- A / B = ?
- If the sum of 3 consecutive numbers is 213, what are the numbers?
- How to get the number 100 using four 7s and one 1??
Tricky Questions And Answers
Tricky questions are based on common sense and logic. They test one’s knowledge and brainpower. Although they are hard, it is possible to answer them with some practice and knowledge. Out of the box, thinking plays a major role while answering them. Check out the questions below along with their answers:
Tricky Questions with Answers for Kids and Adults:
- If you were running a race and passed the person in second place, what place would you be now?
Second. ( If you passed the first person, you would be in the first position.)
- How many 6” by 6” books can you put in a 2ft * 2ft container, so that it’s not empty anymore?
One. (After that, it’s not empty)
- Some months have 31 days, and others have 30 days. How many months have 28 days?
All 12 of them.
- What’s the next number in the series 8 5 4 9 1 7 6 1 0 3?
2. ( The numbers are in sequence by the alphabet.
- What is round and extremely violent?
A vicious circle.
- Your parents have six sons, including you, and each son has one sister. How many people are there in the family?
9. ( 2 parents, six sons and one daughter)
- Which English alphabet flies, sings, and stings?
- Why are the covers of manholes always round?
Because a circular manhole cover can’t fall through its circular opening.
- What words are pronounced differently by merely capitalizing the first letter? There are many such as job-Job, herb-Herb, polish-Polish.
- What belongs to you, but other people use it more than you? Your Name.
Tricky Questions For Fun
Tricky Questions aren’t always asked seriously. Sometimes, they are asked just for fun. People often ask each other funny riddles, puzzles, etc. in Leisure time. In this way, they can learn while having some fun. It boosts creativity. Given down are few such examples:
- How do you make the number one disappear?
- What gets bigger and bigger the more you take away from it?
- What two words, in combination, hold the most letters?
- What gets broken without being held?
- What kind of tree can you carry in your hand?
- What do an island and the letter “t” have in common?
- What is at the end of a rainbow?
- Who wants to be answered but never has a question?
- What has four fingers and a thumb, but isn’t living?
- What coat goes on best wet?
Tricky Questions For Quiz?
These questions check the smartness and IQ level of the student. Therefore, they are often asked in quiz competitions. Whosoever gives the correct answers wins it. Questions in a quiz are generally related to a Subject, IQ, General Knowledge, Common Sense, and Logic. Few examples of such questions are as follows:
- Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain on the Earth?
- There are 12 apples in a barrel; if you take away 5, how many do you have?
- If the vice president were to die in the US, who is supposed to be the President?
- What is the synonym of “Rebuke”?
- Find the off one out among Pine, Tree, Maple, and Birch.
- Which Continent is Greenland a part of?
- When I get multiplied by any number, the sum of the products’ figures is always me. What am I?
- 150% =?
- Solve for X in 2X – 8 = -X + 1.
- What is the name of the Chief Minister of Assam?
Tricky Questions For Interview
Whether for a Job or Entrance Examination, one has to face an interview. The questions asked during the interview are tricky and often confusing. Students find it hard to tackle them. The only way to answer these questions without nervousness is Practice. Look at some examples given:
- Why were you fired?
- Tell me about your weaknesses.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why did you choose this company?
- How can you contribute to our company?
- Sell me this pen.
- What negative feedback do you most often receive?
- Tell me about a time when you overcame an obstacle.
- What are your salary expectations?
- What skills do you hope to attain?
Java Interview Tricky Questions
Java is the fourth popular programming language. Hence, it has a competitive job market. Interviewers often ask a tricky question to candidates to test their knowledge regarding Java. Catch some of those questions down:
- What is the output of this code?
- How does Garbage Collection prevent a Java application from going out of memory?
- What is the IDE’s of Java?
- What do you mean by Class?
- Define OOP Concepts?
SQL Interview Tricky Questions
SQL is a Computer-based language. It is also quite popular among students. Just like Java, Questions asked about SQL are tricky and requires practice.
- What are NVL and NVL2 functions in SQL?
- What is the difference between RANK() and DENSE_RANK() commands?
- What is the difference between WHERE and HAVING clauses?
- What is the GROUP BY clause used for?
- What is the difference between Single row and Multiple row functions?
IAS Tricky Questions
IAS is the most popular civil service in India. Consequently, there are a huge number of IAS aspirants who appear for the interview every year. It leads to cut-throat competition among them. While preparing for the IAS interview, students need to boost their knowledge and skills in all of their departments. Followed are some of the popular questions asked during the IAS interview:
- If 2 is the company and 3 is the crowd, what will be 4 and 5?
- What looks like half an apple?
- The Bay of Bengal is in which state?
- How will you lift an elephant with one hand?
- What can you never eat for dinner?
- Eight people took 10 hours to build a wall, then how many days will it take for four people to build?
- How do you leave a raw egg on a solid surface, it doesn’t crack?
- If you throw a red stone into the blue sea, what happens?
- How can a man live up to 10 days without sleeping?
- What happened when the wheel was invented?
C Programming Tricky Questions
C Programming aspirants also require appearing for an interview. They also face such tricky questions. However, most of these relate to coding and programming. Thus, one needs to have a grip on them. Below are some questions asked during the C Programming interview:
- How do you construct an increment or decrement statement in C?
- What is the difference between Value by call and Value by reference?
- What is the equivalent code of the following statement in WHILE LOOP?
- What is a Stack?
- What is Variable initialization?
- What is Spaghetti Programming?
- What is a sequential access file?
- Differentiate Source Codes from Object Codes.
- What’s the use of a ‘/0/’?
- What’s a Nested Loop?
Answer: Common Sense questions check the common sense of a person. The answers are simple yet hard to find. Thus, they become tricky. One should try to find easy answers rather than complicating the question.
Answer: Yes, we can spell cow using 13 letters. Firstly write SEE for C. Then O for O. Further, we write DOUBLE YOU for W. On Combining it, SEE O DOUBLE YOU becomes a 13 letter word.
Answer: EUNOIA is the shortest word containing all five vowels. It is a six-letter word. It means Beautiful Thinking. Another meaning of this word is the Normal Mental State.
Answer: In my opinion, there exists no such thing as an Unanswerable question. Every question is capable of being answered. The answer to any question depends upon the context in which it’s asked. As per the knowledge about the context, one can answer it easily.
Answer: Questions asked during an MBA Interview are often related to the field of sales and management. Firstly, the interviewer can ask the candidate to introduce or describe himself. Further, he can ask questions like Why do you want to do an MBA? Or What are your weaknesses? Or he can simply ask the candidate to sell him a pen. The candidate should always tackle these questions with a clear mind and confidence.