Stella Maris College is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The college was established in 1947. It is an autonomous college. Stella Maris College is affiliated by the University of Madras. The college intake approx. 5500 students every year. It is a public catholic institution. The college is run by the Society of Franciscan Missionaries of Mary. The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree programs.
The college offers approx. 19 undergraduates and 12 postgraduate programs. This is the 1st women’s college in Chennai. The college consists of a placement cell which guides students for their career and achieving their goals. The college also provides opportunities for internships. The recruitment companies come to the campus and recruit the eligible students according to the different posts.
Stella Maris College offers vocational courses. The courses include food processing, sustainable energy management, and PG diploma courses as well. The main courses for which the college is famous is Western music and history in fine arts. The college also provides training and coaching of some of the civil services exams.
- Stella Maris College was established in 1947.
- The college is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The college is the public (autonomous) college.
- The affiliation of the college is given by the University of Madras.
- The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs.
Stella Maris College Chennai
Stella Maris College is located in Chennai. Tamil Nadu, India. This the women’s college. The college was established in 1947. This is the catholic minority college in which only women can take admission. The college takes admission to approx. 5500 students annually. The main aim of the college is to distribute education in all economically and socially marginalized sections of India.
Stella Maris College is affiliated by the University of Madras. The courses like music and fine arts are offered by the college as bachelor, master and Ph.D. programs. The college provides opportunities for internships. The college provides training and coaching of some of the civil services exams.
- Stella Maris College is situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The college offers various facilities like library, placements, internships, etc.
- In 1947, the college was established.
- This the Catholic minority college for women.
Stella Maris College Admission 2020
The admission process of Stella Maris college if different for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The college offers various bachelor courses like BA, BSc or BCom., etc. The duration of most of the bachelor’s degree programs is 3 years. It’s a regular full-time program. The candidate can choose the program according to the preference.
Admission procedure 2020 of Stella Maris college for under graduation courses: –
- The candidate will be selected on the basis of the merit list.
- The merit list will be declared by the college.
- The shortlisted candidate will enter in the interview round.
Documents required for admission procedure: –
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheet.
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Date of birth proof
- Identity proof
- Caste certificate
Admission procedure 2020 of Stella Maris college for post-graduation courses: –
- The duration of PG courses is 2 years.
- The college conduct entrance examination for PG courses.
- The entrance exam score is the basis of post-graduation admission.
- The interview round marks will also matter in the admission.
Stella Maris College Notable Alumni
There is a list of notable alumni of Stella Maris college. So many people who study in this college and stand at a good position in life.
- Samantha Akkineni, actress
- Sheela Murthy, U.S. immigration attorney
- Savitha Sastry, dancer
- Shweta Mohan, singer
- Rama Ravi, Carnatic vocalist
- Divya Ajith Kumar, Captain air army defense
Stella Maris College Courses
Stella Maris College offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The students can choose the course according to their preference. The duration of the courses depends on the syllabus and degree of the course. The bachelor’s degree program duration is 3 years and the master’s degree program duration is 2 years.
Undergraduate courses of Stella Maris college –
- B. Com.
- B. Sc. In Psychology
- Bachelor of Computer application
- Bachelor of Visual arts
- B. Sc. In Mathematics
- B. Sc. In Advanced zoology and biotechnology
Postgraduate courses of Stella Maris college –
- Master of Social work
- M.A. in English
- M.Sc. in Chemistry
- M.A. in Public relations
- M.A. in History of fine arts
- M.Sc. in Bioinformatics
- M.Sc. in Information technology
Stella Maris College Application Form 2020
The application form of Stella Maris college needs to be filled by the candidate. The candidate has to fill all the required details in the application form. The form will be available on the official website. The application should be filled before the deadline.
- The application form is available on the official website.
- Down the application form from the website.
- There is a different form for a different courses.
- Download the particular application form after selecting the course.
- Fill all the required details in the form.
- Attach the documents required with form.
- Attach the application form fee receipt with the form.
- Submit the form via post.
Stella Maris college online application form 2020: – The Stella Maris college application form can be filled online and offline both mode. The online application form can be filled through the official website. The application form needs to be filled properly. The online application form can be filled without downloading the form.
- The online application form is available on the official website.
- The documents need to be uploaded via online mode.
- Fill all the required details in the form.
- The payments of application form fee can be done through online mode via net banking, debit card, etc.
- The candidate who has shortlisted will receive the notification via SMS or email.
Stella Maris College Fees
Stella Maris College offers different field courses like Science, Arts, Management, Humanities, etc. The fees for different courses are different. The fee structure of undergraduate, postgraduate or Ph.D. programs is not the same. The fee structure varies according to the courses.
Bachelor degree fee structure of Stella Maris college –
|Courses||Duration||FEES (INR)/ per annum|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||3 years||97,935|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)||3 years||88,935|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)||3 years||68,685|
|Bachelor of Arts (BA)||3 years||7200|
|Bachelor of Social work (BSW)||3 years||7200|
|Bachelor of Visual arts (BVA)||4 years||9600|
|Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA)||3 years||90,435|
Master degree program fee structure of Stella Maris college –
|Courses||Duration||FEES (INR)/ per annum|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com.)||2 years||40,000|
|Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)||1 year||4,975|
|Master of Science (M.Sc.)||2 years||30,000|
|Master of Arts (MA)||2 years||40,000|
|Master of Social work (MSW)||2 years||7740|
Stella Maris College Departments
Stella Maris college departments are different for every course. The undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. degree programs department is different. Faculties will be decided according to the course and department in the college.
The name of some of the departments of Stella Maris college is as follows –
- Department of Bioinformatics
- Department of Botany
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer science
- Department of Economics
- Department of English
- Department of fine arts
- Department of languages
- Department of Social work
- Department of Value education
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Sports and Game
Stella Maris College Contact Number
The Stella Maris college contact number of Admin office is 044-28111951; 044-28111941. The contact number of the Principal’s office is 044-28110121. The candidate can contact via email of vice-principal that is [email protected].
Stella Maris College Website
The Stella Maris college official website link is www.stellamariscollege.edu.in. The official website provides every notification and details of admission, results, application form, examination, etc. The candidate has to register or login on the Stella Maris college official website for getting all the details.
Stella Maris College Hostel
Stella Maris college provides hostel facilities for females. The candidate has to fill the application form of the hostel after getting admission in the college. There are approx. 2-3 hostels on the college premises. The room can be single, double, or triple sharing. The mess will be there in the hostel.
- The application form fee of the hostel is Rs. 150.
- The admission fee of the hostel is Rs. 500.
- The student can deposit the hostel fees in 2 installments.
- Mess charges in Rs. 2000 per month.
- There will be no reduction in mess charges.
- A Caution deposit fee of the hostel is Rs. 5000.
Stella Maris College Faculty
Stella Maris college consists of various faculties for teaching the students. The faculties of every course and department are different. The expert and professional faculties present in the college. The knowledge of the faculties is very good. They do everything to give every possible knowledge to the students via a theoretical or practical model. Excellent teaching is done by the faculties of the college.
- Stella Maris college includes various different department faculties.
- The faculties are very professional and knowledgeable.
- The faculties teach very well and clear all doubts of the students.
- Faculties help the students very much.
- They give both theoretical and practical knowledge to the students.
Stella Maris College Placement
The Stella Maris college provides placements to the students. the college consists of a particular Career Guidance Cell (CGC) for placement of the students. This cell was started in 2003 in college. This will provide various opportunities for the students to settle their careers and get guidance from the experts. The college recruits the students in the top industries. The planning of the career becomes easy due to CGC in college.
- Stella Maris college started a Career Guidance Cell (CGC) in 2003.
- This cell is for the placements of the students.
- This will help students to plan their career very well.
- The students can get various excellent opportunities.
Stella Maris College Review
The Stella Maris college rating by the students in Academics in 9.4/10. The students love the college and always share some reviews about college academics, placements, facilities, accommodation, etc.
- Ashley Shaju – She is a 2017 batch student at Stella Maris college. She said that for getting knowledge and good study experience come to Stella Maris college. She rates the college 9.8/10. She was very satisfied with the teaching, faculties and everything about the college.
- Bonita – She just pursued the college batch 2020. She rates the college 7/10. The rules of the college are very strict but the college is good in education.
- Raziath rila – She is of 2019 batch. She rates the college 9.5/10. She loves everything about the college except for the percentage of attendance. The attendance percentage is 85% which can be reduced to 75%.
- Reena – She is a student of the 2004 batch. She rates the college 6.5/10. She said the study and education of the college were very good and there was no entrance exam for taking admission to B.Com.
- Vijayalakshmi N – She is a student of the 2008 batch. She rates the college 9.2/10. The experience of studying in college is for a lifetime and excellent. The management of the college is the best. The college creates a new personality of the person.
Stella Maris College Details
Stella Maris College is located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The college was established in 1947. Stella Maris College is affiliated by the University of Madras. It is one of the best women colleges. It is a public catholic institution. The college is run by the Society of Franciscan Missionaries of Mary. The college intake approx. 5500 students every year.
The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree programs. The college offers approx. 19 undergraduates and 12 postgraduate programs. Stella Maris College offers vocational courses. The college consists placement cell which guides students for their career and achieving their goals. The college also provides opportunities for internships.
A: Yes, Stella Maris College is the women’s college. This is a Roman catholic higher education college for girls. This is a public autonomous college. The college provides various courses and training to the women. The college creates a different personality of the women studying in the college.
A: The tuition fees of Stella Maris college is $1265 per annum. The fees also depend upon the course you choose. The fees for different courses is different either undergraduate, postgraduate, or research degree program.
A: The candidate needs to fill the application form via online or offline mode. The application form will be available on the official website. The submission of the application form with all the required documents and fees will be done on the official website.
A: Yes, the college provides hostel facilities to the females. The student needs to fill the application form of Rs. 150 after confirming the admission in the college. The room can be of single, double, or triple sharing. The mess will be present in the college premises only.
A: The Stella Maris college provides placement to the students. The college started Career Guidance cell (CGC) for the student’s placements and planning their career. This will help the students to improve their career skills and get guidance from the experts.