Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB) is a dead body of the government of India, which postulates policies and schemes for resettlement, welfare, and rehabilitation of Ex-Servicemen and their dependents across the nation who are pursuing professional degree courses that are recognized by the various government regulatory bodies like MCI, AICTE, and UGC, etc. for the Prime Ministers Scholarship Scheme.
This scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical and professional education.
Students Eligible for Scholarship
Students who have taken admission in 1st academic year (except for Lateral Entry and integrated courses).
Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) should be 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation, and Students must have scored 60% and above in it.
Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex-Servicemen & Ex Coast Guard officers.
Order of preference for selection of candidates
- Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
- Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with any disability.
- Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel who died while serving in the Military or Coast Guard Service.
- Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled while serving in the Military or Coast Guard Service.
- Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel who have received gallantry awards.
- Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel (PBOR Only).
In total, the number of 5500 wards/widows of Ex-servicemen is selected for a scholarship in each academic year.
Scholarships are equally divided between boys and girls i.e., 2750 given to each.
Amount of Scholarship
- For boys – Rs 2500/pm
- For girls – Rs 3000/pm
Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, BEd, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. are eligible. They must be recognized by the concerned Government Regulatory Bodies, such as the All India Council for Technical Education, MCI, UGC, etc.
Except for MBA / MCA Courses, no master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS
Students studying abroad do not qualify for the scheme.
Apply online for Scholarship
Interested candidates can apply ONLINE by visiting the KSB website www.ksb.gov.in.
Hard copy/paper applications are not available for the same.
One candidate is supposed to apply for one course only.
Documents required to be Scanned and Uploaded
ALL THE DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL TO BE SCANNED AND UPLOADED.
- Ex coast guard and ESM certificate, which must be filled up and signed by ZSB/Coast Guard Headquarters.
- Bonafide Certificate, which must be filled up correctly and signed by the concerned authorities.
- Certificate from the bank stating that the Aadhaar Card of the student is linked with his / her bank account number.
- Matriculation Certificate to verify the Date of Birth.
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable. Example (10+2 Mark sheet or for Graduation mark sheets of 3 years is required and for Diploma mark sheets of all semesters.
- The first page of Bank Pass Book (preferably a govt bank) clearly showing the name and account number of Student and IFSccode of the bank.
- Aadhaar Card of the Student.
- Copy of PPO and the documents in support of that.
The merit list will be finalized by authorized Board of Officers at Kendriya Sainik Board and is further forwarded to RSBs/Coast Guard Headquarters, and the final list of selected candidates will also be uploaded on the official website of Kendriya Sainik Board.
Preference when Marks are Equal.
- Preference will be given to the Orphans.
- Ward of Widow of Ex-Service Men.
- Preference to Junior Rank. Ward of junior rank is preferred to be selected if all other criteria are the same.
- Duration of Course. Longer duration of courses is always preferred.
- The maximum length of service of Ex-Service Men to be selected. Preference will be given to the ones who have served for a longer duration of time.
- The age of the Oldest student is to be preferred.
Students must keep checking the website for further details.