Candidates need a strong desire and passion to become a lawyer, he or she need to prepare him along with a bachelor’s degree under law after the 12th standard. If candidates want to take admission in law, then they need to give the CLAT exam. This exam is a national level exam in India. CLAT is the most standardized law school entrance in India. It adds great value to the application of the candidates.
CLAT exam is conducted to test the candidates’ logical reasoning, analytical and aptitude, and reading comprehension skills. The field of law is a growing sphere of legislation, suits, briefs, justice served, and so much more. To become the lawyer, prepare yourself and need to study the basic knowledge about the law of the country after the 12th standard. Make your decision about the study of law and start preparing for the CLAT exam.
To become a lawyer, candidates must have a basic idea regarding the psychology of the human. Being a lawyer requires you to be aware of not only the laws of the land but also the culture and hierarchy of society. A lawyer respected in society as he is one of the most important people to bring balance in society.
To become a good lawyer, candidates must clear the entrance exam of top colleges in the country.
- Put yourself in the study of law, along with the graduation.
- Prepare yourself for CLAT exam
- Give entrance exams of top colleges in the country
- To boost your application, candidates need to secure a minimum of 55%
- Top colleges provide admission above 85% and their entrance exam basis
How to become a lawyer in India?
To become a lawyer in India, candidates need to adopt any streams after the 10th because no specific stream is required to study the law. To become a lawyer in India, candidates mostly take commerce or humanities streams. Candidates need excellent communication skills and strong logical and analytical skills. Candidates also need to build a strong confidence level because, in this profession, these qualities are required.
Candidates need to graduate from a LAW degree because it is the basic requirement for the law. Candidates also need to gain work experience and practical knowledge through internships. Candidates need to enroll with the state bar council and clear the all India bar council examination conducted by the bar council of India.
- Took any stream after 10th because no specific stream is required in 12th in India.
- Need to secure a graduate degree in Law.
- Gain work experience and practical knowledge through internships to maintain the confidence level.
- Prepare for the Bar Council examination conducted by the Bar Council of India.
- Enroll with the State bar Council.
How to become a lawyer after 12th?
Law is the most prestigious course after 12th. Candidates need to clear the 12th standard from any stream. To take admission in the law college, candidates need to enroll in the state bar council because this is required to pursue the law. The candidate needs to clear the CLAT exam, which is conducted by the Bar Council of India. According to this, candidates take admission in the law college.
All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is mandatory for the candidates to qualify the law. BCI (Bar Council of India) provides a certificate of practice to the candidates after completing LL.B to practice in the profession of law and to receive a certificate, and the candidates must qualify.
- Qualify the bachelor of law with a minimum of 50% marks.
- There no age limit.
- Enroll in state Bar Council.
- Qualify the exam conducted by the Bar Council of India.
- To take admission to NLU’s, candidates need to clear CLAT exam.
How to become a lawyer after 12th Arts?
To become law after 12th arts can easily apply for the law course without any problem. Candidates need to clear the class 12th from any stream like commerce, science, or arts, and after that, they need to take admission to any law college. Candidates who want to pursue law must have great communication skills and confidence to become a successful lawyer.
To take admission in law, college candidates need to appear in the CLAT exam, and they must need to qualify for this exam. Stream in class 12th doesn’t matter for taking admission in law. After qualifying the exam, candidates need to secure a minimum of 55% marks in graduation and also need to get a certificate from All India Bar Council and enroll in the State Bar Council.
How to become a lawyer after 12th science?
Candidates need to complete the 12th standard from any stream like commerce, arts, or science to take admission in law. Candidates need to clear the CLAT exam, which is conducted by the All India Bar Council. Before appearing in the CLAT exam, candidates need to enroll with the State Bar Council. To get a certificate from the AIBC, candidates need to clear graduation with minimum 50% marks
To become the lawyer after 12th standard, candidates first need to enroll in the State Bar Council. After that, they need to appear in the CLAT exam, which is necessary to get admission in the law. After completing the graduation, candidates need to get a certificate from AIBC to get an intern for gaining knowledge and practical exam.
How to become a lawyer after 12th Commerce?
To become a lawyer, the stream of class 12th is not mandatory. Candidates need to clear the class 12th with any stream like commerce, science, or arts, but to become a lawyer after 12th commerce is easy because candidates gain basic knowledge about law and jurisdiction of the country. They easily clear the CLAT exam, which is conducted by the All India Bar Council.
To become a lawyer after 12th commerce, candidates need to qualify the CLAT exam for taking admission to NLU’s. Candidates also need to clear LL.B with a minimum of 50% marks. After that, they need to get a “Certificate of Practice” from BCI.
How to become a corporate lawyer?
To become a corporate lawyer, candidates must have the ability to achieve work-life balance, understanding business, and financials, and trying to stay relevant and update with the current matters.
Corporate lawyers can become a general business manager and aspire to become CEO of the organization. To become a corporate lawyer in India is not common in India, but it is very common in the United States.
- Candidates need strong analytic skills and communication skills
- They must keen interested to understand the business
- Candidate need to clear the CLAT exam
How to become a government lawyer?
To become a government lawyer, candidates need to clear the LLB, and they have to register in the bar council to practice in courts, through bar examination.
After getting some experience in the field, the candidate can apply for various government positions like a public prosecutor and an assistant public prosecutor. To see the advertisement, candidates need to visit the official website of BCI.
- It is mandatory to satisfy some basic requirements before applying for a government lawyer job.
- Candidate must register with the bar council
- They need to practice in the courts for some experience
- Candidate need to clear the UPSC or SPSC exam for government lawyer job
How to become a criminal lawyer?
To become a criminal lawyer, candidates need to clear the 12th standard from any stream. After the 12th candidate needs to give CLAT an exam according to the percentile of this score, candidates get the Law College.
To become a lawyer, candidates need to clear the LLB degree with a minimum of 55%. There is a wider scope in the criminal lawyer line because if there is no crime, then there is no need for a lawyer.
- To pursue criminal law, candidate need to get relevant LLB( Bachelor) degree in Law
- Candidates must have strong communication skills as well as strong IQ level
- Candidates can prepare for Government criminal lawyer or private criminal lawyer
- It is a must to get the “Certificate of Practice” from the All India Council.
How to become a lawyer in Canada?
To become a lawyer in Canada, candidates need to give the LSAT (Law School Admission Test) to enter the law college in Canada. The Law School Admission Council administrates LSAT. This test is held about four times a year around the world.
Candidate needs to clear the law degree from any recognized university or college. Candidates who have a degree of law from other countries and want to get a job as a lawyer in Canada, need to qualify the NCA examination in Canada.
- Clear the graduation from any recognized university or college
- Qualify the SLAT exam to take admission in Canada
- If candidates hold a degree of LLB from any country and want to become a lawyer Canada, then he/she have qualified the NCA exam
- In the last step, candidates need to qualify the Bar exam for practice as lawyers.
How to become a lawyer in India after graduation?
Candidates need to clear the graduation with minimum 50% marks, and after that, they need to qualify the exam conducted by the AIC. Candidates need to get the certificate of practice from the AIC and get this certificate; candidates need to have a lot of experience and knowledge about the law.
This is the final certificate to become eligible for the practice as a lawyer.
- After graduation, candidates need to do LLB only for 3 years..
- Maintain 50% + marks in graduation for LLB.
- For SC/ST candidates, there is a concession in percentage.
How many years to become a lawyer?
To become a prospective lawyer, candidates need to study for seven years of post-high school education to sit for a bar examination. These seven years includes 4 years of undergraduate studies and three years of law studies. A J.D is a post-graduate degree, so it requires an undergraduate degree as a prerequisite degree to admission.
- Candidates need to study for seven years and then give the bar exam for final selection.
- Candidates need to study 3 years of law and four years of undergraduate.
- The period to become a lawyer is different in different countries, i.e., In UK – 10-12 years, in US and India it will take seven years.
How to become a lawyer in the USA?
In the US, candidates have to go to college and study for four years. After this degree, candidates need to go for a law college and study for three years, and then candidates become eligible for the bar exam.
There are other programs provided by the various colleges in which candidates need to go with combined-year college and law school programs for 5 or 6 years. Then candidates become eligible for the bar exam and clear it to become a lawyer.
- Candidates take a combined study of law with the college for 5-6 years or study separately for seven years.
- Need to clear the bar exam after the law degree to become a lawyer
- The law program of 3 years is divided into six semesters in the USA
- Students also have the option to finish the course earlier by taking extra summer classes.
How to become a lawyer in the UK?
In the United Kingdom (UK), lawyers are divided into solicitors and barristers. Their many different pats to become a solicitor or a barrister in the United Kingdom.
There is the direct entry and non-law graduate entry to become a solicitor or Barrister in the UK. Firstly, candidates need to take LLB (Hons), which is a qualifying degree, and then candidates need to complete LPC, which is of 2 years course or in 1 year through a fast track course.
- To become a solicitor by direct entry, it will take 6-7 years.
- To become a Barrister, candidates to clear the BCAT exam after LLB (Hons).
- Candidates can become a Barrister in 5 years in the UK through direct entry
- It will take 10-11 years to become Barrister and 10-11 to become Barrister through a non-law graduate degree.
How to become a lawyer in Australia?
To become a lawyer in Australia is almost similar to become a lawyer in the UK. But in Australia, the candidate becomes a lawyer earlier than in the UK.
There are few requirements in Australia to become a lawyer. These requirements are JD (Juris Doctor) or LLB, a practical legal training (PLT); Legal Practice Admission; and certificate of practicing.
- Firstly candidate need to complete the LLB program which is of 4 years.
- Need to complete the PLT exam after the under-graduation.
- Candidates have to clear the Exam to get the Practising Certificate to become a lawyer.
Ans. Prospective attorneys ought to be set up to work extended periods. Lawyers frequently need to spend numerous hours in the workplace, talking with customers, directing exploration, planning reports, and speaking to customers both all through the court.
Ans.Aspiring lawyers who can’t discover a situation in their city may be available to move to another city or to another state to verify an occupation. It’s imperative to note, in any case, that moving out of state additionally requires getting authorized in the new state.
Legitimate hiring offices have likewise gotten mainstream and permit lawyers to take a present moment, brief work while picking up the experience vital for verifying changeless business.
Ans.About one of every five legal counselors were independently employed in 2016.1 most of lawyers work for law offices, lead prosecutor’s workplaces, and different associations engaged with the US court framework.
Ans. Approximately 792,500 lawyers were working in the US in 2016, as per the BLS.