The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the Scheduled Tribe students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education. These scholarships are available for studies in India only and are awarded by the Government of the State/Union Territory Administration to which the applicant actually belongs i.e. were permanently settled.
The scholarships are open to nationals of India. These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post- matriculation for post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions: “Scholarships are not awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses and Private Pilot Licence courses, courses at Training – courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, and courses at pre-examination training centers of all India and State levels.”
Only those candidates who belong to Scheduled Tribes so specified in relation to the State/Union Territory to which the applicant actually belongs (i.e. permanently settled) and who have passed the Matriculation or High Secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education, will be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, wish to study for another profession e.g. LLB after B.T./B.Ed. will not be eligible.
- Students studying in Class XI of Higher Secondary Schools which have a continuous school course of 12th class will not be eligible.
- However, in cases where the X class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students after passing tenth class can join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
Check Out: National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
The Ministry of Minority Affairs launches the post-Matric Scholarship scheme, Government of India, to support the education of students studying at the post-secondary or post-matriculation level. Those students who want to go for higher education from Class 11 to the postgraduate level can apply to this Scholarship.
This Post Matric Scholarship aims to award the scholarships to bright and meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of the minority community for higher education and opens various career prospects for them. Apart from the Government of India, various state governments offer post-matric scholarships for SC, ST, OBC, Economically weaker Sections, and Minority community students.
Given below in the tabular form, is a list of some scholarship programs under this scholarship scheme offered by different institutions:
|Name of the Scholarship||Institution which Provides the Scholarships|
|Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for minorities||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship for OBCStudents||Department of Welfare|
|Post Matric Scholarship for Boys(Assam, Gujarat, Chandigarh, Haryana)||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Post Matric Scholarship for Transgender Students||Department of Education|
|Post Matric Scholarship for students||Department of Welfare|
|Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disability||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Post Matric Scholarship for students of Jammu and Kashmir||Directorate of Jammu and Kashmir, Government of J&K|
|Post Matric Scholarship for Girls(Assam, Gujarat, Chandigarh, Haryana)||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children Post Matric Scholarships, Arunachal Pradesh||Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India|
|Post Matric Scholarships for SC/ST/OBC, Chattisgarh||Department of Tribal and Scheduled Caste, Chattisgarh|
Check Out: Pre Matric Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship
Before applying for the Post Matric Scholarship, students have to fulfill certain essentials to be deemed eligible by the specific organization or institution. Given below are the major eligibility criteria you need to keep in mind:
- The first essential condition is, the Scholarship is only applicable to citizens of India.
- The Post Matric Scholarship is mainly for the minority section of society. Students of minority communities,i.e., Muslim, Jains, Sikhs, Parsi, Buddhist, are eligible to apply.
- Students who secured 50% in their previous examinations are eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
- The annual income of the family cannot exceed Rs.2 lakhs.
- The students who are applying for the Post Matric Scholarship must have a bank account in the nationalized bank.
SSP post matric scholarship
The ssp post-matric scholarship offered by the Karnataka State Government is on the Portal: State Scholarship Portal (SSP). The scholarship is applicable For, SC, ST, and Minority Students and is applicable in the state of Karnataka. The State Scholarship Portal (SSP) initiated by the Centre for e-Governance, Government of Karnataka.
SSP Scholarship portal is launched for the sanctioning of Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarships. The government of Karnataka offers many Metric Pre-Scholarship and Post-Matric Scholarships to eligible candidates. There are a total of 4 departments that offers scholarships through SSP to meritorious and needy students. These are the Social Welfare Department, Scheduled Welfare Department, Backward Classes Welfare Department, and Minorities Welfare Department. SSP Scholarship the Last Date for the year 2020 is different for different scholarships.
- These departments offer various scholarships to students for financial assistance. SSP performs Direct Benefit Transfer into Aadhaar seeded account of the selected students.
- Students can apply for various scholarships through the official website of SSP. Department portals are not applicable for applying to various scholarships.
- The government of Karnataka offers many scholarships to students belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Minority Communities/General (Economically Weaker Section) through SSP Portal Scholarship 2020.
- Students of Minority Communities studying from class 1 to 10th can apply for the Pre-Matric Scholarship. In the same way, students studying in class 11th and 12th can apply for the Post-Matric Scholarship.
- However, students who are pursuing graduation, post-graduation, and Ph.D. can also apply for scholarships.
Post matric scholarship for SC
Post Matric Scholarship scheme is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme and implemented through State Government and UT administration. The Scheme provides financial assistance to the Scheduled Caste students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
- Scheduled Caste students studying in Post-Matric classes are awarded scholarships under the Govt. of India’s Post Matric Scholarship Scheme ranging from Rs. 230/- to Rs. 1200/- p.m. in Post- Matric to Post-Graduate classes.
- The students are also reimbursed for compulsory nonrefundable fees. Under this scheme, the limit of the annual income of the parents/guardians is Rs. 2.50 lakh.
- The expenditure has been increased from 6.69 crores to 36.59 crores annually. Similarly, the number of students has also increased from 15510 to 30995. The annual Income of the parents/guardians should be less than 2.50 lakhs.
Post matric scholarship last date
The table contains the necessary information and important dates for the scholarship (the year 2019)
|Start of post-matric scholarship application||July 15th, 2019|
|Last date to submit a scholarship application||31st October 2019|
|Closing date for defective verification||November 15th, 2019|
|Closing date for institute verification||November 15th, 2019|
Post matric scholarship for OBC
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the OBC students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education. The income ceiling of parents/guardians for eligibility is Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum (including self income, if employed). To be eligible, an applicant must: Belong to Other Backward Class and must be studying at post matriculation/ post-secondary (college/University) levels within India.
Post matric scholarship Bihar
Bihar Scholarship opens a vast area of educational opportunities for the students who are permanent residents of the state. The Government of Bihar and other private organizations together offer a number of scholarships for meritorious and underprivileged students of the state. The key objective of each Bihar scholarship is to encourage and motivate deserving students to pursue further studies regardless of any financial constraint. Though each Bihar scholarship has its own set of eligibility criteria to be followed, the one common condition that is applicable for all Bihar scholarships is that they are available for students who are domicile of Bihar state only.
Application for post-matric scholarship
Each post-matric scholarship has a significant application procedure to follow. Almost every scholarship invites online applications from the eligible candidates through their respective portal and websites. Some of the most popular portals where you can apply for these scholarships include National Scholarship Portal (NSP), UP scholarship portal, MP scholarship portal, and more.
UP Post Matric Scholarship
UP Scholarship is one of the biggest schemes of the Government of Uttar Pradesh to provide motivation and financial assistance to the students of the state. The scheme is open to students of all categories. Every year many students apply and get a UP scholarship online for their education.
- The students can track the progress of their application can get an idea of whether they will get the scholarship or not.
- They just have to use their registration ID and password to check the application status.
- UP scholarship is equally available for all the applicants belonging to any of the caste categories viz. General, OBC, SC, ST.
- Candidates from those colleges, which are blacklisted by the authority, are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- It is important for students to attach a hardcopy of the photocopy of the bank passbook with the application form.
CG Post Matric Scholarship
The Government of Chhattisgarh invites applications for Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC 2019-20, Chhattisgarh from students studying in Class 11 and above. The aim of the scholarship is to support the post-matric education of students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC community in Chhattisgarh. With the help of financial assistance, the scholarship promotes SC/ST/OBC students for higher education.
- To be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must be a permanent resident of Chhattisgarh state
- He/she should belong to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- He/she should have an annual family income not exceeding INR 1 lakh (for OBC students)
- He/she should an annual family income not exceeding INR 2.5 lakh (for SC/ST students)
- He/she must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the last examination
1) How can I check the status of my scholarship?
You can check the status of your online application by visiting the online portal and entering the necessary details.
2) Is SSP and NSP the same?
Students who have applied under the SSP government of India, only are eligible o apply for SSP of the government of Karnataka.
3) How much is the post-matric scholarship?
One lakh per annum- the amount is approximately Rs. 750 per month and Rs.260 per month for hostellers.
4) When will my scholarship money come?
The amount to credit in your account may take some time, you can take follow up from the financial aid of your college.
5) When will we get a national scholarship?
The scholarship amount is generated after the release of the merit list within 30-40 days.
Ans. The Last date to apply for post-matric scholarship 2019-20 was 15th November 2019. The selection of the candidates who are eligible will be on the basis of the financial status and family income.
Ans.Post Matric Scholarship aims to award the scholarships to bright and meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of the minority community for higher education and opens various career prospects for them. Apart from the Government of India, various state governments offer post-matric scholarships for SC, ST, OBC, Economically weaker Sections, and Minority community students.
Ans. For applying for Post Matric Scholarship, the student need to go on the website of National Scholarship (www.scholarships.gov.in.)
he scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in. The scheme is Central Sector Scheme and 100% funding is provided by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.