tPassport is an essential document that is issued by the government that certifies the nationality and identity of the holder. It is a travel document and is a mandatory document when traveling to foreign countries.
The process of getting a passport is slightly long, but not a very long procedure though it does require a long list of documents to get a passport made.
Checklists of Documents for a Passport
Applying for a Fresh Passport
While applying for a fresh passport, get two copies of the following documents:
- Proof of Address: The applicant can add any of the following documents as the proof of their residential address- Aadhar card, ration card, certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letterhead, water /telephone /electricity bill/ statement of running bank account/Income Tax Assessment Order /Election Commission ID card, Gas connection Bill, Spouse’s passport copy, parent’s passport copy in case of minors. (NOTE: If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the above categories)
- Proof of Date of Birth: Municipal Authority issued birth certificate or a birth certificate issued by the district office of the Registrar of Births/ Deaths can be used to prove the date of birth. A birth certificate from the applicant’s last attended school or any recognized educational institution or an Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants can also be used for the same.
- Citizenship Document: If the applicant is a citizen of India by resident or naturalization, then he/ she is supposed to submit the document for the process to move forward.
- Identity Certificates: In case the applicant is an employee of the government or working in the public sector or a statutory body, then he/ she needs to submit the original along with the standard.
- If the applicant is eligible for “ECNR,” then he/ she needs to submit a self-attached copy of the supporting document.
- If the applicant was ever deported to India, then the applicant needs to provide details of the emergency certificate/ passport.
Applying for a Passport for Reissue After Ten Years:
- Self-attested copies of the first four and last four pages of the old passport, including the ECR/ ECNR pages.
- If the applicant is eligible for “ECNR,” then he/ she needs to submit a self-attached copy of the supporting document. This is required only if the old passport did not have ECNR stamp or it was issued when the applicant was a minor.
- In case the applicant is an employee of the government or working in the public sector or a statutory body, then he/ she needs to submit the original along with the standard.
- If there has been a change in the address, then the applicant needs to provide any documents mentioned in 1(A).
- A copy of the marriage certificate needs to be attached if the spouse’s name isn’t in the passport. The marriage certificate needs to be issued by the Registrar of Marriages or affidavits to support the same.
Applying for a Minor’s Passport
- There should be an attested copy of the passports, if any, of both the parents.
- For verification, the original passport of both the parents should be presented/ submitted.
- If one person is resident abroad, then an affidavit by the parent resident abroad, which should be attested by the Indian Mission along with an affidavit from parents residing in India as well.
Applying for a Passport for an Adopted Child
- As per Indian laws, the valid adoption deed needs to be submitted.
- In the case of Christians, Muslims, and Parsis, a court order granting guardianship and allowing the child to be taken out of the Country.
- Copy of the guarantee executed before the Court concerned.
These are documents that required to apply for a passport in our Country. If all the documents are submitted without any mistake or negligence, then it’ll not take much time for the government to issue your passport.
Ans. Here is the list of documents required for a passport:
1. Passbook photo of current bank account
2. Voter ID card
3. Aadhaar card
4. Electricity bill
5. Rent agreement
6. Driving license
7. PAN card
8. Landline or postpaid mobile bill
Ans. In a passport, you require one address proof and date of birth proof. you need to take original documents along a self attested copy.
Ans. At the time of renewal of passport you require:
1. Original old Passport
2. Self-attested copies of the first two and last two pages of the passport.
3. Self-attested copy of the ECR/Non-ECR page.
4. Self-attested copy of the page of observation, if any, made by the Passport Issuing Authority.
Ans. No, Aadhar is not enough for getting a passport, it will be considered as an address proof and photo identity proof for availing the passport services.
Ans. Aadhar card is listed as the mandatory document for applying for passport by the ministry of external affairs. You won’t be able to get your passport without Aadhaar