CA stands for Chartered Accountant. The CA is a job in the field of accounting. The work of a CA is not similar to the accountant. CA is a very high post in the field of accounting. The work of CA is audit financial statements; file tax returns; maintaining records of investments; preparing and reviewing financial reports and documents.
Chartered Accountant courses can begin after passing the 12th. The career in CA is very challenging and respectful. Chartered Accountancy was first established in Britain in 1854. The CA job is in the private and government sectors.
CA Course Details
A candidate can pursue a CA course after 10+2. There are 3 levels of CA course examination which is as follows –
- Foundation course or CPT (Common Proficiency Task)
- Intermediate or IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course)
- Final examination
The candidate can pursue in foundation course after completing 12th. if the candidate has completed graduation then he/she can pursue directly for the Intermediate course. The CPT exam held in June and December every year. The IPC and Final examination will be held in May and November every year.
CA Course Fees
The CA course fees are not very high. It is affordable for every candidate. The fees for every CA course is different. There are three levels of CA course that is CA foundation; CA Intermediate and CA Final. The commerce students mostly opt for the CA course.
Fee structure of CA course at Foundation level:
|S. no.||Details||Fees (INR)|
|1.||Cost of foundation prospectus||200|
|2.||CA foundation registration fees||9000|
|3.||Subscription fees for student’s journal (optional)||200|
|4.||Subscription fees for member’s journal (optional)||400|
Fee structure of CA course at Intermediate level:
|S no.||Details||Both groups (INR)||Single group (INR)|
|1.||CA intermediate registration fees||15000||11000|
|2.||CA intermediate student’s activity fees||2000||2000|
|3.||CA intermediate registration fees as an article assistant||1000||–|
Fee structure of CA course at the final level: After passing both the stages of the CA examination, one can apply or register for the CA final. The fees for the CA final course of Rs. 22000.
CA Course Duration
The CA course duration after 12th is approx. 4-5 years. As there are three levels of CA course according to which the candidate needs to pass the exam. The CA course duration for every level is different. The candidate will try to pass all the levels of CA exam in the first go because every attempt will increase the duration of 6 months. The CA course duration is very challenging for the students and they have to keep patients.
The CA foundation course level study period is 4 months.
- CA foundation result declaration period is 2 months.
- The CA intermediate course level study period is 8 months.
- CA intermediate result declaration period is 2 and a half years.
- For CA final article training period is 3 years.
CA Course Syllabus
The CA course syllabus is not the same for every level. The syllabus and paper for every level of the CA course are different. The list of complete CA course syllabus subjects is as follows –
CA course syllabus for foundation level:
- Paper I – Principles and Practice of accounting
- Paper-II – Business laws & Business correspondence and reporting
- Paper III – Business Mathematics and Logical reasoning and statistics
- Paper IV – Business economics & Business and commercial knowledge
CA course syllabus for intermediate level:
Group 1: –
- Paper I – Accounting
- Paper-II – Corporate and other laws
- Paper III – Cost and management accounting
- Paper IV – Taxation
Group 2: –
- Paper V – Advanced accounting
- Paper VI – Auditing and Assurance
- Paper VII – Enterprise information system and strategic management
- Paper VIII – Financial management and economics for finance
CA course syllabus for the final level:
Group 1: –
- Paper I – Financial reporting
- Paper-II – Strategic financial management
- Paper III – Advanced auditing and professional ethics
- Paper IV – Corporate and economic laws
Group 2: –
- Paper V – Strategic cost management and performance evaluation
- Paper VI – Elective paper
- Paper VII – Direct tax laws and international taxation
- Paper VIII – Indirect tax laws
CA Course Eligibility
The CA course eligibility is different for every level. The student who passed the 10th standard or equivalent, then he/she can apply for the Common Proficiency Course (CPC). After passing the 12th standard students need to clear the first stage of CA that is the Common Proficiency Test (CPT). The CA course eligibility at the foundation level is 10+2 after clearing the CPT exam. For the intermediate level, the graduate candidate can apply.
- Candidate must have passed the 12th standard for applying the CPT exam.
- Before applying for the CPT exam, the candidate must have registered for the Common proficiency course.
- CPT registration certificate should not be the expired one.
- Candidate must have a valid registration Id at the time applying.
- Graduate/postgraduate in commerce should pass with approx. 55% aggregate.
- Graduate/postgraduate non-commerce background carry 60% aggregate.
What is the CA Course?
The CA is known as one of the highest paying job careers in India. The CA course is the most challenging and respectful at the same time. The CA in the field of accounting. The candidate needs to pass all three levels of the CA course or examination for becoming a certified CA. It’s a very reputed designation which every candidate wants. The post of CA is the highest post in the accounting department which can offer advisory services to the clients.
- The work of CA is to file tax returns; preparing financial documents; maintaining records of investments; etc.
- The 3 level of CA course is foundation level; intermediate level and final level.
- The candidate can start pursuing the CA course after passing 10th standard.
- The duration of the entire CA course is approx. 5 years.
CA Course Details after 12th
The CA course is one of the highest professional and qualified course in the world. The Ca course is totally related to the accountancy field. The audition, taxation, returns, accounting order, etc., are few things that the CA candidates should know. Knowledge of accounting is a must for the CA course. The one who opts for commerce as a subject, he/she should have the proper knowledge all about accounting after 12th for applying for the CA course.
- The eligibility for applying the CA course is a passing certificate of 12th standard.
- The candidate can apply for CPT examination after passing the 12th.
- After clearing the CPT exam the candidate can go for further procedure of applying the next 2 stages of the CA course.
- The duration of the CA course completion after 12th is approx. 5 years.
The CA course after graduation takes less year to complete. The CA course duration after graduation becomes less as compared to the CA course duration after 12th. As the candidate need not opt for CPT exam after graduation. The candidate can directly enter the intermediate level of the CA course after graduation.
- CA course duration after graduation is approx. 3-3.5 years.
- The candidate can directly enter the intermediate level of the CA course without giving the CPT exam.
- The candidate is eligible for giving IPCC in a minimum of 9 months.
- The commerce background candidate after graduation needs to carry 55% aggregate marks.
- The non-commerce background candidate after graduation needs to carry 60% aggregate marks.
Also Read: CA after Graduation
CA Course Structure
The CA course structure consists of different levels. As there are 3 levels for passing the CA examination and get the job as a Chartered accountant position. All three levels consist of different syllabus and subjects as well as the duration of every level is also different from each other. The CA course structure in details is as follows –
The CA course subjects are different for every CA course level. As the CA course is one of the successful and respectful career options in the world. The CA course candidate needs to study the vast no. of subjects for the CA examination in the first attempt. The most important part of this course is the subjects of each level which candidates need to study and get proper knowledge.
CA course subjects at foundation level: –
- Fundamentals of accounting
- Business economics and commercial knowledge
- Business mathematics, statistics, and logical reasoning
- Business laws and business correspondence and reporting
CA course subjects at the intermediate level: –
- Cost accounting and financial management
- Advanced accounting
- Auditing and Assurance
- Business laws, ethics, and communication
- Information technology and strategic management
- Corporate and other laws
CA course subjects at the final level: –
- Advanced auditing and professional ethics
- Financial reporting
- Strategic financial management
- Strategic cost management and performance evaluation
- Corporate and economics laws
- Direct tax laws and international taxation
- Indirect tax laws
Elective subjects: –
- Risk management
- International taxation
- Economics laws
- Financial services and capital markets
- Case studies
Also Read: CA Subjects
CA Course Online
The candidate can also go for the online classes of the CA course. The CA course online is offered by many institutes and colleges as well as coaching centers. The study material will be provided via online mode. The notes in pdf, video lectures, etc., will be provided by the institute only from where the candidate applies for the online CA course. There are so many advantages for the students by doing the CA course online.
- The CA course online saves traveling time.
- The candidate can replay the concepts as many times as he/she wants.
- The timings will become flexible for studying.
- There will be no clashing of classes.
- The candidate will not miss any class.
CA Course Registration
The CA course registration follows different steps which candidate have to follow properly. The registration process for the foundation level and intermediate level is not the same. The CA course registration process follows a few steps –
CA course registration for foundation level: –
- Step 1: Register yourself on the official website by filling up all the details.
- Step 2: After register log in on the official website.
- Step 3: After log infill the left details at the time of registration like the father’s name, mother’s name’ address’ city, etc.
- Step 4: Upload your image and signature
- Step 5: Pay the fee of the course.
- Step 6: print the acknowledgment and payment receipt.
CA course registration for intermediate level: –
- Step 1: Create an account on ICAI.org’s official website.
- Step 2: After creating the account check access to student portal SSP.
- Step 3: check the student cycle.
- Step 4: Click on Intermediate level option PE1/ CPT/ foundation.
- Step 5: Personal details of the student will be filled automatically.
- Step 6: Upload all the required documents.
- Step 7: Enter the OTP which you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- Step 8: Submit the form after filling all the details.
The CA course duration is 4-5 years after passing 12th standard. The CA course duration after graduation becomes less. After graduation, the CA course duration is approx. 3 years.
A: The CA course consists of so many subjects at every level. The intermediate level subjects are – Accounting; Cost accounting and financial management; Advanced accounting; Taxation; etc. The foundation level subjects are – Fundamentals of accounting; Business economics and commercial knowledge; Business mathematics, statistics and, logical reasoning; Business laws and business correspondence, and reporting. The final level subjects are – Advanced auditing and professional ethics; Financial reporting; Strategic financial management.
A: The steps to becoming is as follows: –
Clear the first stage that is foundation level or CPT exam.
After clearing the foundation level, pass the Intermediate level or IPCC exam.
The last stage is to clear the final CA exam.