All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is a National Level Examination conducted by Bar Council of India (BCI) which serves the objective of examining enrolled advocates or fresh Law graduate’s ability to think analytically and to know he/she has a basic knowledge of Law. All advocates passing since batch 2010 have to mandatorily give AIBE to practice Law in India.
All India Bar Examination (AIBE) is a National Level Examination conducted by Bar Council of India (BCI) which serves the objective of examining enrolled advocates or fresh Law graduate’s ability to think analytically and to know he/she has a basic knowledge of Law. An advocate must pass the exam with a minimum benchmark of 40% marks to practice law in India. After passing the examination the candidate is awarded “Certificate of Practice” by BCI. AIBE is conducted twice a year in almost 40 cities across the whole of India.
- To check one’s ability to think reasonably and to have basic knowledge of Law AIBE is conducted.
- One needs to get a minimum of 40% to pass the exam.
- AIBE is conducted twice a year in more than 40 cities in India.
AIBE Exam Date
AIBE is conducted twice a year every year most probably in the months of August-October and March-May. All advocates need to pass the exam with 40% of minimum marks.
AIBE Exam Date 2020
This year also the AIBE exam will be conducted twice a year and all the fresh law graduates and advocates need to pass the exam to practice law in India.
These are some important dates a candidate must know:
- Registration: 16th May – 02nd Aug 2020
- Admit Card Availability: 09th Aug 2020-06-13
- Exam: 16th Aug 2020
Exam dates are subject to change due to Covid-19, Candidates must refer the official site for updates.
Passing Marks for AIBE Exam
AIBE is conducted to evaluate candidates on the basis of their analytical thinking and their basic knowledge of Law concepts which further determines that a candidate is fit to practice law or not. So, BCI set a benchmark of minimum 40% of marks to pass the exam which is 40/100 with no negative marking.
AIBE Exam Study Material
To clear the AIBE Exam, one should require the help of supporting study material and with the right study material, one can achieve success in this exam. Books can be the best source to study for any competitive exam such as AIBE, here is a list of some dedicated books to clear AIBE:
|Name of the Book||Author’s Name|
|Fundamental Rights||Uday Raj Rai|
|Public International Law||V.K Ahuja|
|Human Rights||H.O Aggarwal|
|Intellectual Property Laws||Private Publication|
|Guide to All India Bar Examination||Dr. P.K Pandey|
|Law Exam Times (VOL.16)||Dr. P.K Pandey|
|Practice Test Papers for (AIBE)||Showick Thorpe|
|Central Law Agency (AIBE) Guide||Dr. S.M Rajan and P.K Jain|
Candidates must be very well familiar with the AIBE syllabus and the Pattern of the exam.
- Prepare an exam schedule for yourself.
- Go with the best books and study material.
- Focus more on subjects having maximum marks.
- Take a mock tests every alternate day.
- Always prepare in a pattern where you complete your syllabus and that you have enough days before the exam to revise the whole syllabus.
AIBE exam result comes in the month of September i.e. one month after the exam is conducted and candidates need to check the official website of AIBE for result notification.
How to check the result:
- Visit the official website of AIBE
- Find and click on the link for AIBE 2020 result
- Enter your Roll Number and Date of Birth
- Click on “Submit” option mentioned
- View and download AIBE Result
AIBE Result 2020
Same as previous years AIBE results will be announced one month later after the test will be conducted i.e. if the test is conducted in August the result will be announced in September.
AIBE How to Login
To logon to AIBE, a Candidate must register him/herself on the official website of AIBE, One can easily do registration through their official portal by their enrolment number and then by submitting the required document by AIBE, once all the formalities are done the candidate will get the login credentials i.e. registration id and password.
How to log in:
- Visit the official website of AIBE
- Click on the “login”
- Enter your Registration ID and Password
- Click on “Login” option mentioned
- Then View
AIBE Admit Card
AIBE Admit card has all the information that a candidate requires such as an exam center name, address, date, and timings of AIBE Exam, and also some other relevant details.
Admit Card Details:
- Name of the candidate.
- Roll Number and Application Number.
- AIBE exam center address.
- Date and timings of the exam.
- Reporting time at the exam center.
- Exam instructions.
AIBE Admit Card 2020
All India Bar Council will release the admit card for AIBE Exam 2020 on 9th August 2020 in online mode. Candidates can download their admit card through their official website by using their registration id and password.
Steps to download Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of AIBE.
- Click on the notification of Admit Card for the AIBE Exam 2020.
- Enter your registration number and password.
- The admit card will open in a new page.
- Check all the details are correct.
- Download and print a few copies of the admit card.
Syllabus for any exam matters the most as it does for AIBE, for effective preparation candidates must refer syllabus as AIBE is an open book exam so for cracking it one must be aware of the syllabus to sit in the exam and answer. For qualifying, the exam candidates must have knowledge of 19 subjects or topics.
Here is the full syllabus of AIBE:
|No||Topic/Subject||Number of Questions|
|2||I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|3||Cr.P.C (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|4||C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)||10|
|6||Alternative Dispute Redressal Including Arbitration Act||4|
|8||Public Interest Litigation||4|
|10||Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|14||Labour and Industrial Laws||4|
|15||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|16||Law related to Taxation||4|
|17||Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|18||Land Acquisition Act||2|
|19||Intellectual Property Laws||2|
Every year AIBE Exam is held twice a year in the month of August-October and March-May.
AIBE 15 will be the next and is held on 16 August 2020.
Yes, all the lawyers completed their degree after 2010 are mandatory to pass the exam failing which they will be barred from the council association until they pass the AIBE Exam.