CSIR NET is an examination which is taken by (NTA) National testing Agency to select meritorious candidates for awarding Junior Research Fellowship, and this exam is also taken to appoint the candidates as Lecturers in different Indian universities and different colleges.
It is a national level examination and it is mandatory for the candidates to clear this exam to get selected in different colleges. Candidates after clearing this exam can get selected as lecturers in the Science and Technology domain.
CSIR NET exam is conducted in various subjects which includes:-
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
CSIR NET 2020
Online Application for CSIR NET 2020 is already started by National Testing Agency(NTA) from 16th March 2020 to 15th May 2020. Interested Candidates can go to the official website and fill up the online application (csirnet.nta.nic.in).
Some of the dates which the Candidates should remember are as follows:-
- Online Application:- 16th March 2020 to 15th May 2020.
- Examination Date:- Previously 21st June 2020 (Now it is postponed till further notice)
- Last date of Payment:- 15th May 2020
CSIR NET ADMIT CARD
The National Testing Agency usually releases the admit cards of the successfully registered candidates by the month of May. It is not available in Courier or through email candidates have to go to the official website where they can download there corresponding admit cards.
CSIR NET 2020 ADMIT CARD
CSIR NET Admit cards were dated to be released on 15th May but Due to the Corona Virus Pandemic the National Testing Agency (NTA) has extended the online registration’s till 15th May, and the further dates of admit cards will be released by the NTA after 15th April.
Downloading procedure of CSIR NET 2020 is discussed below:-
- At first, candidates have to visit the official website of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (csirnet.nta.nic.in).
- Then they have to fill different information’s about their registration procedure like Application form number, date of birth of the candidates.
- A reference admit card will be shown on the screen displaying the information that is entered by the candidate, candidates at this stage have to check if there is any mistake in their admit card further no more changes will be allowed.
- Candidates then can click on the save option and after completing all these procedures they will be able to download their admit cards.
CSIR NET FORM
CSIR NET form is generally released in the month of March every year, This year also the application form of CSIR net is released on March 16 and the last date of registration has been extended to May 15, 2020, by NTA.
CSIR NET APPLY ONLINE
Candidates can apply online through the official website of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (csirnet.nta.nic.in) from March 16 and the registration has been extended till 15 th May 2020.
The Procedure on how to apply online for CSIR NET examination is stated below:-
- At first, candidates have to visit the official website of CSIR UGC NET ( csirnet.nta.nic.in), there they will find a link on the link it is written Fill online application form the candidates have to click on the link it will take them to a new page. Where they have to fill their personal details.
- After filling up all the details a registration number will be assigned to the candidate which will be sent by the NTA in their corresponding mobile numbers and email-id.
- At the next stage the candidates have to upload their photographs and signatures, photographs should be within 10-200 KB size and it should be in jpg format & Signature should be within 4- 30KB size and should also be in jpg format.
- In the next step, candidates have to fill the Highest qualification, the exam center, which subject they are going to apply for and other several details.
- In the last stage, they have deposited their application fee through any bank /Debit card/Net banking but the payment should be only in online mode. For General Candidates the application fee is INR 1000, for OBC It is INR 500 and for SC/ST it is INR 250.
CSIR NET Exam 2020
CSIR NET exam 2020 was going to be held on June 21, 2020, but due to the covid 19 pandemic, the date is extended till any further notice. The registration for the online application has been started from March 16, 2020.
CSIR NET Exam December 2020
CSIR NET December 2020 examination generally happens in the second week of December month . The CSIR NET 2020 examination date is still not published by National Testing Agency.
CSIR NET Syllabus
The CSIR NET Is conducted in 5 subjects under the Science stream I..e., Earth Sciences, Chemical Science , Mathematical Sciences, Life Science and Physical Sciences.
CSIR NET Syllabus for Part A:-
It contains different aptitude questions , reasoning, puzzles and different series formation topics.
Logical Reasoning includes:-
- Syllogism, Analogies, Number series, Symbol notations, Blood relationship, Arrangements, Data -Analysis, Directions, Non verbal reasoning.
Quantitative Aptitude include:-
- Number system, percentage, Time and work, Distance and speed, HCF and LCM
Syllabus for Chemistry:-
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
Syllabus for Earth Sciences:-
PAPER I (PART -B)
- Interior of the Earth, Deformation, and Tectonics
- Environmental Earth Sciences
- Surface Features
PAPER I (PART C) includes
- Structural Geology And Geo tectonics
- Economic Geology
- Remote Sensing and GIS
- Signal Processing
- Electric field and Magnetic field
- Gravitational field
- Seismology Elastic theory
- Plate Tectonics and Geodynamics
Syllabus of Life Science:-
- Cell Communication and Cell Signaling
- Cell Structure
- Cellular Organization
- Inheritance biology
- Development Biology
- Diversity of Life Forms
Syllabus for Mathematical Science:-
- Complex Analysis
- Linear Algebra
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Partial Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis
- Classical Mechanics
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Descriptive Statistics
Syllabus for Physical Sciences:-
PART – A (CORE Paper)
- Quantum Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Electronics and Experimental
- Statistical Physics
PART – B (ADVANCED Paper)
- Nuclear Physics
- Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Electronics and Experimental Methods
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Particle Physics
CSIR NET RESULT
CSIR NET result 2020 result will be released in July 2020. The result is published by National Testing Agency in a form of scorecard which shows the marks of every subject individually. The results of all the successful candidates who qualified the CSIR NET examination is also published in a separate PDF format that contains there corresponding roll numbers.
The procedure of checking the CSIR NET examination result is stated below:-
- At first, candidates have to visit the official website of the National Testing Agency (csirnet.nta.nic.in).
- On the website, there will be a notice tab where there will be a link of “Result 2020” candidates have to click on that link so a new page will open.
- Here the candidates have to fill their corresponding roll number, DOB to check the result and then click on the submit button.
- Then the result of the following candidate will be displayed on the screen, now the candidate can download the result for future reference..
CSIR NET 2020 LAST DATE
CSIR NET 2020 last date of filling the application form is on May 15. National Testing Agency(NTA) on March 16 released the application form on the official website of CSIR.
CSIR NET ELIGIBILITY
Some of the basic eligibility criteria’s for candidates applying for CSIR NET are as follows:-
- Interested candidates should have a proper degree or Qualification in the following domains, candidates should have a degree in B.Tech / B.Pharma /BE /BS/MBBS /or having a degree in Integrated BS/MS/MSc with minimum marks of 55 per cent .
- To be eligible for the Junior Research Fellowship candidate should be within 28 years of age.
- Candidates who only belong to India can only apply for this examination.
- If a candidate is not within 28 years then He/ She cannot apply for JRF but they will be considered for lectureship.
CSIR NET CUT OFF
In CSIR NET exam 2019 the cutoff for Junior Research Fellowship are as follows:-
- General Category – 55.25
- Scheduled Caste – 39.75
- Schedule Tribe – 29.50
- Other Backward class – 47.50
In CSIR NET exam 2019 the cutoff for Lectureship are as follows:-
- General Category – 49.73
- Scheduled Caste – 35.78
- Schedule Tribe – 26.55
- Other Backward class – 42.75
CSIR NET PREPARATION
CSIR NET preparation should be taken one month before because it is one of the most toughest examinations and all over India many candidates appear in this test, so the competition is tough enough.
A candidate must give 12-14 hours to his/her study so that he/she can easily crack the examination.
Here some of the methods are stated by which a candidate can fully prepare for CSIR NET examination conducted by NTA:-
Some of the standard reference books for Life science domain that a candidate can use to prepare for CSIR NET exam are
- Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry- Nelson, and Cox.
- Molecular Cell Biology- Lodish
- Developmental Biology – Scott F. Gilbert
- Practice different test series, there are many websites that provide online CSIR NET test series for the minimum amount of price like Unacademy. It is important to clear all the concepts properly.
- Also, there are too many videos available on every topic of CSIR NET in YOUTUBE, candidates can also clear their doubts from there.
- The candidates should make their own notes so that when the exam is very close then they can easily revise the whole syllabus without taking much amount of time
- And time management should play an important factor in the success of every candidate.
CSIR NET STUDY MATERIAL
CSIR NET study material is available for free in many websites as well the full course study materials are also available